• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Do You Have Any Christmas Traditions?

MayorCake

Bells
Winter Mittens
I'd like to say my family gathers around the fire with hot coco or something, but we don't. We don't even get surprise gifts. What does your family do/you do?

I watch Disney cartoons for hours and then Tři oř?šky pro Popelku (Three Nuts for Cinderella) on christmas morning. I know this is tradition for many norwegians like me :) Also, we eat rice pudding with sugar, cinnamon and butter for lunch on christmas, usually with an almond inside. The one who finds the almond gets a prize. Then we head off to my grandpa where we eat christmas dinner consisting of pork belly, norwegian pork patties and medister sausages and risalamande for dessert. It is also a tradition to drink akvavit, which is a spirit that tastes horrible imo, with the meal. I can't stand it though >.<
After that we talk and watch christmas shows on TV. Later we open christmas gifts.

Last edited:
Not really a "tradition" but we open 1 gift on the night of Christmas Eve.

My family does this one. It's pretty much always a tree ornament and some pajamas for the night :)

Last year the grownups opened their presents on Christmas eve after the kids went to bed because it meant we could go back to bed faster in the morning LOL

Last edited:
We usually open one gift on Christmas Eve, we have red velvet cake as one of the desserts after Christmas dinner, we open stockings after the regular gifts are opened. I think that is about it.

My family does this one. It's pretty much always a tree ornament and some pajamas for the night :)

Last year the grownups opened their presents on Christmas eve after the kids went to bed because it meant we could go back to bed faster in the morning LOL

Yeah it's usually those little things that get opened. My mom
Doesn't let us open any gift over 5in because that's usually the good gifts
That have to be opened on Christmas XD

My family keeps a time capsule in our Christmas Tree box. Every year we put in a little note to remember past years!

Usually my family and relatives play bingo and the adults usually play weird games while the children just play hide and seek or play with their presents.

We usually spend the day with my dad's side of the family (and then New Year's at my mum's), so I guess there's that.

i chose not to celebrate christmas so i have none

Growing up we never had any Christmas traditions or celebrated. Especially because my birthday is on Christmas Eve. I've tried my hardest to make traditions over the past few years. I now decorate gingerbread houses with my niece every year. Bake a kitchen full of Christmas cookies and sweets. I cannot wait for my niece to be old enough to help me bake yummy desserts. And of course open presents together on Christmas morning. Every year my house becomes more and more decorate with Christmas stuff because I always buy left over Christmas stuff from work when we discount in to 90%.

Every year we buy a Hallmark ornaments for everyone in the family. Even the dog and cat gets one which my husband thinks is odd of me but hey they are part of the family too. :blush:

When I was a kid we use to open a gift at midnight which was always a doll. We would also make and eat as much Mexican food as we can. Might have to restart the food tradition up again soon. :D

I go to church 10pm night of Christmas Eve, after church we go around and look at house decorations, it's fun and cool.

Used to go to my one of my grandparent's houses to gather with my dad's side of the family and we'd share gifts. Except this year I don't know if we'll do it because she passed. :(

Back