• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you find challenging difficulty important in games?

Is challenge good for games?

• Yes

Votes: 49 75.4%
  • No

Votes: 16 24.6%

• Total voters
I think that it depends on the game, and what I am looking for out of the game.

I play Animal Crossing and Dark Souls for very different reasons, and I would be disappointed (but also intrigued) if they somehow swapped difficulties.

With that said, even with easy games, I would still prefer to earn my rewards, rather than have them handed to me.

Yes, I don't need a game to be extremely difficult, but I don't care for the game to be easy either. Typically if I have the option, I would choose normal or hard. Will never do easy though.

I like a game to have some challenge. However, if the game is too challenging and I'm dying over and over and spending more time watching a loading screen, then no, that is not fun to me. Especially with games where reloading feels like we're back in the archaic days. What is up with these games that feel like they're stuck in the past with the loading times? This is 2022 not 2002.

For me it depends on the type of game. I also think balance is important. If a game is too easy it gets boring faster, but if it's too hard or requires too much time to master it can be extremely frustrating because I don't have a lot of free time anymore, but I still want to be able to play and have fun. A game that is challenging without being punishing seems ideal.

Definitely depends on the game, or how you prefer to play a game. Minecraft for example has Survival and Creative mode. Both can be enjoyable. Survival is more challenging to get resources and is more rewarding to get hard to find items. Creative you have everything but now you have limitless potential for your builds.
Sometimes its nice to play something easy because it’s more relaxing while other times you want a more rewarding experience so you play something more challenging. It’s really just up to the individual and how they feel.

Back