• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you feed your Villagers Rotten Fruit?

For the few days my poor, beautiful lil village was PLAGUED by Barolds presence, I was SUPER tempted to do so...except that meant interaction, which meant it gave me the opportunity to TRY and stay after having pinged to leave...had I been able to discreetly leave a basket of rotten fruit in front of his house w/o a letter or such, I so would have.

Alas, I haven't had a villager whom deserves that kind of treatment....and I don't believe ive experienced rotten fruit in my villages...how would one go about acquiring such a thing?

No it just seems so mean (but ngl their reaction is pretty funny).
Similar to how people send trash in the mail but tbh that's just mean. Imagine you got a letter from the mayor who you tried your best to be friends with and they sent you a present all wrapped up neatly and pretty. You're like "Ooh! The mayor sent me a present! They took the time to wrap it up all nicely I feel so special :)". You open the present "Oh...they sent me trash...it's an empty can". See????

Last edited:
I didn't know you could, do they say anything in particular about it lol?

I did by accident only once. I usually give all my villagers perfect fruit.

For the few days my poor, beautiful lil village was PLAGUED by Barolds presence, I was SUPER tempted to do so...except that meant interaction, which meant it gave me the opportunity to TRY and stay after having pinged to leave...had I been able to discreetly leave a basket of rotten fruit in front of his house w/o a letter or such, I so would have.

Alas, I haven't had a villager whom deserves that kind of treatment....and I don't believe ive experienced rotten fruit in my villages...how would one go about acquiring such a thing?

Whoa, you must be newer at this than me! When you plant your native perfect fruit, the tree produces three more perfect fruit for a certain number of harvests (I guess this varies..). Then, when you shake the last harvest, it drops 2 perfect fruit and one rotten one, and the tree falls apart, except for the trunk! At that point I just chop it down, plant another perfect fruit, and throw the rotten one in the garbage. If you don't pick it up right away, ants start to crawl all over it. There you have it!

Back