• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Disfunctional Families

Status
Not open for further replies.
op told me that both these assumptions were correct, so yes i do think that she's actually insane

still doesn't require you to express that. not saying i agree with what OP is saying- just you aren't going to benefit this thread in any way by calling her insane

Well if you sole intent is to come on my thread and insult me than that isn't the right thread to be on.

I have a couple parts of my family that I consider dysfunctional. One involves my dad and his mom (my grandma). She is a lady who has (according to my mother) never said "I love you" to another human being. I think it drove my dad sort of crazy, because he always seems to be trying to gain acceptance from other people, to try to be "the cool guy". His divorce of my mom seems to have mellowed him out a bit, and he seems to be finding some of his own happiness, which I'm glad for.

My mom is now marrying a guy she has known scarcely a year. I'm glad she's happy, but my stomach roils with how this will work out for her and the guy she's marrying (she moved in ~ a month ago and she's RENOVATED HIS WHOLE HOUSE) maybe he's happy with it, but... I dunno. Gut feeling says that she's going to not be in this marriage the rest of her life. If she does, GREAT! I hope she does!

I have some a lot of other family stuff too but I don't really want to take up a whole page worth of words, especially when I have something else to say, something I think that's more important than "your family isn't dysfunctional! HERE is a dysfunctional family!!!"

Everyone has their own struggles, their own burdens. Things that may seem trivial to you might mean the world to someone else. Especially in family situations because, I dunno, maybe because the person in question is their family. Family is a very unique bond, and how all those members interact can have a lot more impact on someone than any other bonds they may have.

Last edited:
Yeah, I do believe that you shouldn't excuse ****ty behavior because of a mental illness, but some of the points you're making don't really make sense. I guess I could see where you're coming from, and I know it's hard to live with that, but it's not really a excuse. I haven't actually seen how you're living, or your point of view, so I don't feel like I can say that you're a spoiled brat or anything.

But just give her a chance? Don't just run off every time she tries to talk to you.

Yeah, I do believe that you shouldn't excuse ****ty behavior because of a mental illness, but some of the points you're making don't really make sense. I guess I could see where you're coming from, and I know it's hard to live with that, but it's not really a excuse. I haven't actually seen how you're living, or your point of view, so I don't feel like I can say that you're a spoiled brat or anything.

But just give her a chance? Don't just run off every time she tries to talk to you.

I just can't deal with her needy crap anymore. As much as I actually understand what dementia is I just have a different point of view. There is 6 people living in the house and the old lady acts like she is so lonely and constantly expects everyone to be in the dam room to pay attention to her. CONSTANTLY!!!! She freaking "tattles" on me as soon as I leave the room. Like: "oh Claire got up and went downstairs" Or "Claire didn't even look at me and didn't say anything" This goes on EVERYDAY!! I wish people would see where I'm getting at and at least understand why I feel the way I do. Instead I get called an insane rude little brat.

Last edited:
I just can't deal with her needy crap anymore. As much as I actually understand what dementia is I just have a different point of view. There is 6 people living in the house and the old lady acts like she is so lonely and constantly expects everyone to be in the dam room to pay attention to her. CONSTANTLY!!!! She freaking "tattles" on me as soon as I leave the room. Like: "oh Claire got up and went downstairs" Or "Claire didn't even look at me and didn't say anything" This goes on EVERYDAY!! I wish people would see where I'm getting at and at least understand why I feel the way I do. Instead I get called an insane rude little brat.

ever thought she might have alshiemers??? they usually do that when they do... and i suggest mods close this as this is getting out of hand right now. when everybody calms down then somebody can reopen it. and i know a few stories about people taking care of somebody older, and they have it way worse. just saying

Last edited:
ever thought she might have alshiemers??? they usually do that when they do... and i suggest mods close this as this is getting out of hand right now. when everybody calms down then somebody can reopen it. and i know a few stories about people taking care of somebody older, and they have it way worse. just saying

You should read the entire thread before posting. beleive me, the old lady is headed down that road kiddo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back