Difficulty of ACNL

BellaTreee^^

Asian Powa! x333
Bells
is
it just me or are the difficulty of ACNL been lower than the rest??

there are more sharks and they are easier to catch..

its a bit easier to get a perfect town.

its easier to make money.

FAR more easier to get national fruit..

easier to get golden and silver tools!

and easier to make friends on AC

so yeah! everything is easier to do. but still. its great to be able to reach everyone across the world

Younger people probably play AC much more now than back in the day, so that's probably why. Most people are starting with ACNL too.

Last edited:
I don't know. I hear people complain daily about the difficulty in getting a PWP suggestion!

Also, the only gold tool that's any easier to get is the ax. The shovel was made harder, and every other tool remained the same.

To a degree it's easier. I mean, the shovel as Superpenguin said, is harder to get. In the previous games you buried a shovel and waited 1 day, that was so easy. The rest of the tools remain the same difficulty in my opinion.

Personally I give myself a limit on how many bells I can earn a day, no more than 100,000. It makes it harder to pay off PWP and my house so the game is a little slower/harder than what most people prefer.

I can see why they made it easier to make money, I mean imagine the difficulty to pay off PWP's AND your mortgage if it was as hard to make money as it was in Wild World

plus I think there's more mortgage repayments on ACNL..

I wouldn't say that it's easier (excluding island usage). I'd say that it's more interesting because there is more to do, which helps keep the player more engaged with the game.

To a degree it's easier. I mean, the shovel as Superpenguin said, is harder to get. In the previous games you buried a shovel and waited 1 day, that was so easy. The rest of the tools remain the same difficulty in my opinion.

Personally I give myself a limit on how many bells I can earn a day, no more than 100,000. It makes it harder to pay off PWP and my house so the game is a little slower/harder than what most people prefer.

Isn't that a bad thing? If you're forced to handicap yourself to enjoy the game, then the game designers didn't do a good job. I'm kinda bummed that the game has been "neutered", in a way...Blathers and Mr. Resetti are examples of that. I miss Blathers' long-winded, yet passionate explanations of each item I would bring him, and I don't even need to mention how Resetti has been defanged, so to speak. :p

The money making aspect of ACNL is a double-edged sword. It's WAY easier to make money, but things are also more expensive. I don't remember it being so pricey to pay off your home loans in Wild World. I dunno, I could be wrong though.

I almost never visit the island, so it makes it hard for me to pay things off.

I think sharks are still quite hard to catch because if your reflex isn't quick enough it escapes.

I'm changing from Beautiful to Night Owl again since I actually want to water my flowers for a reason, and I think the neighbours sleep too early.

hmm... true. but ive met people who are elderlys and adults^^

- - - Post Merge - - -

the game actually is amazing! i wouldnt say they didnt do a good job or anything.. but yeah.

I agree it's easier, but I always found making bells kinda boring in CF, so I don't mind.

Maybe it is easier to earn bells this time around, but (and I'm playing as someone who doesn't open up my town or visit other towns, which may make a big difference), collecting series/sets and other items doesn't appear to be a cakewalk to me. Yes, I paid off my home fairly quickly, but it'll take me some time to get all the furniture pieces I want for it, especially since I don't TT. I still have three other houses to expand/pay off, as well as PWPs I want to build.

I like that I don't have to spend so much time in the game earning bells and can instead focus on other things I enjoy more. So yes, its easier and I'm glad.

Other things require more strategy such as the strategic placing and timing of PWP to prevent new animals from plopping into an unfortunate place. This component I am very much enjoying. In some respects maintaining what I (not the game) defines as a perfect town is much harder now because of this factor so more rewarding each time I get a little closer to what I want.

I had no experience with any of the Animal Crossing games before New Leaf. I enjoy New Leaf so much that I picked up a used copy of Wild World. I don't know that New Leaf game is easier, but the controls certainly are simpler and everything is much more interesting. I find nearly everything about Wild World off-putting and awkward (consequently, I likely will play it very rarely if at all). Compared to New Leaf, just walking around in Wild World is more difficult--not that it's hard, but the controls are much simpler and more natural in New Leaf.

If you focus on "power gaming" through it yes, it does feel easier. I believe a big factor is that for previous Animal Crossings (maybe with the exception of City Folk) information about the game wasn't as easy to share over the internet; it makes it much easier to plan out extra efficient ways to get bells and get rare items. Still, as some people said a number of the tools are harder to get and item sets seem to be harder to obtain. Ultimately I think that slowing down and enjoying the game at a relaxed pace, as I believe the developers intended, makes it a much better experience.

Back