• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Corrupted save data ⚠️ PLS HELP!!

jlolly

Bells
I used the save editor to change my native fruit, change some fruit trees, and added some bells. My save data is now corrupted and I tried using an older save data, but they are all corrupt. Every time I delete the old save and make a new save, after I leave the game it says its corrupted.

I’m sorry that happened. Unfortunately, you have used a third-party device, which is very bad for video games. That’s why your save data was corrupted.

If you want a different native fruit, you may have to keep starting over the town creation process until you get the fruit you want.

I wouldn't call it "bad for video games". In fact it is a big help for people who have very busy lives and want their island a certain way and have no time to be wasting time resetting. It was created for a reason and if it isn't affection others. Why do you care?
These sort of softwares do have their risks and that is why you should had duplicated your save just like in our computers we duplicate files when we're about to modify them.
I don't know if anything can be done for your situation but I know something you won't find your answers here. TBT doesn't like third party software much or in game modifications so no one here can really help you. Search somewhere else and the best luck to you (y)

Last edited:
I know what your talking about but I've never had that issue, I've really only used the editor to change my name and town name because I didnt want to reset. Could something have gone wrong in the Checkpoint process? or the garden.dat? I can't think of how that'd happen

or is it maybe a game problem?

Back