• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Dethy in July- Mafioso win!

GG Misty, this is huge! Well deserved.

Thanks for hosting Daniel.

Good job town.
Post automatically merged:

Yay I was right about Cath/Sheep lol

I will say that in this setup. Mafia, at BEST, has a 50/50 shot of winning in a F3 with a town guaranteed to be confirmed through PoE. The rule change I made was intended to give the mafioso a better chance of getting to this scenario, given how townsided the setup is, as there is no way to avoid the F3 scenario. I apologize for the confusion I caused by going back on what volt said, and understand people’s frustrations

congrats on misty for being the first mafia to win a dethy on here (if memory serves correctly)

DANG IT gg misty fooled me

even with the change in rules i think misty is 100% responsible for the win, played very well!

Thanks Ace & Volt! GG town! I was so nervous going into today because for all I knew, Volt was normal and it'd be all over. But I knew that if Ace was mafia, then he'd know Volt was naive and would therefore be 'safe' to leave alive whereas Sheep Villager could have been inverse still. Was a big risk and I'm surprised it paid off.

This was actually the first forum game I rolled mafia for and naturally it was a dethy so I was all alone with no wolfchat or backup. I'd say the win came down to a surprising amount of skill on my part and an even more surprising amount of luck going my way. Since I had no chat, I just took a ton of notes myself. I'll dump them all below so people can see why I made the plays that I did.

(The one thing I didn't mention in my notes but that I want to touch on was Monday (day one) when Volt wanted to vote Guava/Ace and I brought up MYLO. I didn't realize Volt genuinely hadn't realized we were in MYLO (or maybe they did? lol). I thought it was a planned play to see if I seemed too eager to go along with what very well could have been a mis-elim given what we knew and I was trying to avoid being baited as wolfy)

Big thanks for hosting, Daniel!

For the notes, I didn't edit any of this so for anyone reading after the fact & a lot of it was written before I knew about the rule change. It didn't change much on my end (sorry town)
Antonio -> Sheep Villager
Guava -> Ace
- killing catharina will confirm she is town which is already known but may not stop any investigations since people may have moved their target
- killing antonio will potentially stop investigations (cath or myself) and will confirm that volt and guava are normal and naive rather than one of them possibly being inverse (potentially dangerous considering one of them may move to me after the announcement)
- killing guava may stop an investigation if volt or antonio decides to shift there after the announcement, but will give them info they really didn't have to work for (unlike catharina)
- killing volt will confirm that catharina and antonio are both inverse and paranoid rather than one of them possibly being normal

assuming antonio is mafia
catharina must be paranoid (inspect antonio - get town - true)
misty must be normal (inspect antonio - get mafia - true)
volt is inverse/naive (inspect catharina - get town - must be naive)
guava is inverse/naive (inspect volt - get town - must also be naive)

assuming volt is mafia
antonio is paranoid/normal (inspect catharina - get mafia - must be paranoid)
catharina is normal/paranoid (inspect antonio - get mafia - must also be paranoid)
misty must be inverse (inspect antonio - get mafia - true)
making guava naive (inspect volt - get town - true)

assuming guava is mafia
antonio is paranoid/inverse (inspect catharina - get mafia - true)
misty is normal/naive (inspect antonio - get town - true)
volt is normal/naive (inspect catharina - get town - true)
catharina is inverse/paranoid (inspect antonio - get mafia - true)

assuming misty is mafia
antonio is inverse/paranoid (inspect catharina - get mafia - true)
guava is normal/naive (inspect volt - get town - true)

framing antonio - almost impossible. catharina inspecting antonio will yield mafia to cement her as paranoid. guava would need to die to pigeonhole volt as being naive. in this case i need to inspect antonio and say mafia since my only option to blend in would be normal since volt is naive. but since guava would be cleared as town, volt and i would both be a little suspect in this case. could try to argue that guava was the inverse. antonio would inspect catharina (presumably) and get mafia.
why would antonio kill guava over volt, catharina or me? - could argue kept volt alive to frame them since guava was inspecting volt and could theoretically clear volt by having the votes "add up" in volt's favor. would know from my inspection that i was not the inverse. could argue it was a 50/50 shot between guava and volt for who was inverse. between catharina and guava, guava gives less info since no one inspected them either night. no answer for why i'm alive, in this case with me the theoretical normal i'd be the biggest target since i'm inspecting antonio tonight.

framing volt - almost impossible. need to inspect antonio and say mafia to cement myself as inverse. guava's inspection of volt as normal will corroborate their naive pigeonhole. one of antonio or catharina needs to die. catharina inspecting antonio will yield mafia so it's possible to pigeonhole her as paranoid. antonio inspecting catharina will also yield mafia, so he can also be pigeonholed as paranoid. need to convince others that volt is open wolfing.
why would volt kill catharina/antonio over guava, antonio or me - catharina's been cleared as town and is a town rallying point. in the volt mafia scenario, guava must be naive so their results really don't matter. no answer for why i'm alive, in this case with me the theoretical inverse i'd be the biggest target since i'm inspecting antonio tonight and would turn up mafia on him and therefore seal volt's doom.

framing guava - easiest but not easy. one of antonio or catharina still needs to die to ensure the other is seen as paranoid. most likely scenario to make them want to wait another day to sort that out without a day kill. guava will say volt is town. volt will say catharina is town. catharina/antonio will say the other is mafia. inspecting antonio and saying town then inspecting guava and saying mafia will cement me as normal and volt as naive. whichever of catharina and antonio dies will be confirmed town.
why would guava kill catharina/antonio over antonio/catharina, volt or me - catharina's been cleared as town and is a town rallying point. antonio and catharina inspecting each other would both yield mafia. volt inspecting catharina would yield town since volt is either normal or naive. me inspecting antonio should yield town since i am either normal or naive. catharina is more valuable than antonio and volt in this case since she hasn't been inspected, and more valuable than me since i haven't been cleared.​
why would guava pretend to be normal or naive by "clearing" volt? - because in the wolf!guava scenario the wolf was always between me, volt, and guava since our results were the ones that didn't add up. guava is trying to blend into that group.​
next steps? - presumably group will try to split votes between me and guava. i'll be on the guava train so i say mafia when inspecting guava. then i would need to kill either volt or antonio depending on who is inspecting me and what i think those results are going to be. pray the one left alive is the naive/paranoid and their results give us nothing.

- killing sheep villager would do very little good in terms of protecting myself but it has the least bad outcomes. it looks the worst for guava.
- killing volt will make me look guilty because i am the only person volt has yet to investigate and would definitely be their target n2. if ace is mafia then volt is definitely naive so there'd be no reason for ace to kill them. really risking volt being naive for me as well.
- killing ace is killing the one person who is attached at the hip with me and would do no good

& thanks for the congrats Daniel! I creeped a few past dethys for inspiration and very few of them made it to the day two 50/50 state like this - town usually won day one or had a confirmed wolf day two - so I just decided 'welp guess I'm just winging it' lmao

Last edited:
Volt I thought I told you to avenge me. 😔

GG though! I know I only repped for one whole day but I had fun.
Will be looking forward to future games, possibly as a rep, possibly as a player.

edit: Those are some impressive notes, Misty. Job well done!

Volt I thought I told you to avenge me. 😔

GG though! I know I only repped for one whole day but I had fun.
Will be looking forward to future games, possibly as a rep, possibly as a player.

edit: Those are some impressive notes, Misty. Job well done!
tried my best sheep but i failed you 🤧

Thanks Ace & Volt! GG town! I was so nervous going into today because for all I knew, Volt was normal and it'd be all over. But I knew that if Ace was mafia, then he'd know Volt was naive and would therefore be 'safe' to leave alive whereas Sheep Villager could have been inverse still. Was a big risk and I'm surprised it paid off.

This was actually the first forum game I rolled mafia for and naturally it was a dethy so I was all alone with no wolfchat or backup. I'd say the win came down to a surprising amount of skill on my part and an even more surprising amount of luck going my way. Since I had no chat, I just took a ton of notes myself. I'll dump them all below so people can see why I made the plays that I did.

(The one thing I didn't mention in my notes but that I want to touch on was Monday (day one) when Volt wanted to vote Guava/Ace and I brought up MYLO. I didn't realize Volt genuinely hadn't realized we were in MYLO (or maybe they did? lol). I thought it was a planned play to see if I seemed too eager to go along with what very well could have been a mis-elim given what we knew and I was trying to avoid being baited as wolfy)

Big thanks for hosting, Daniel!

For the notes, I didn't edit any of this so for anyone reading after the fact & a lot of it was written before I knew about the rule change. It didn't change much on my end (sorry town)
Antonio -> Sheep Villager
Guava -> Ace
- killing catharina will confirm she is town which is already known but may not stop any investigations since people may have moved their target
- killing antonio will potentially stop investigations (cath or myself) and will confirm that volt and guava are normal and naive rather than one of them possibly being inverse (potentially dangerous considering one of them may move to me after the announcement)
- killing guava may stop an investigation if volt or antonio decides to shift there after the announcement, but will give them info they really didn't have to work for (unlike catharina)
- killing volt will confirm that catharina and antonio are both inverse and paranoid rather than one of them possibly being normal

assuming antonio is mafia
catharina must be paranoid (inspect antonio - get town - true)
misty must be normal (inspect antonio - get mafia - true)
volt is inverse/naive (inspect catharina - get town - must be naive)
guava is inverse/naive (inspect volt - get town - must also be naive)

assuming volt is mafia
antonio is paranoid/normal (inspect catharina - get mafia - must be paranoid)
catharina is normal/paranoid (inspect antonio - get mafia - must also be paranoid)
misty must be inverse (inspect antonio - get mafia - true)
making guava naive (inspect volt - get town - true)

assuming guava is mafia
antonio is paranoid/inverse (inspect catharina - get mafia - true)
misty is normal/naive (inspect antonio - get town - true)

assuming misty is mafia
antonio is inverse/paranoid (inspect catharina - get mafia - true)
guava is normal/naive (inspect volt - get town - true)

framing antonio - almost impossible. catharina inspecting antonio will yield mafia to cement her as paranoid. guava would need to die to pigeonhole volt as being naive. in this case i need to inspect antonio and say mafia since my only option to blend in would be normal since volt is naive. but since guava would be cleared as town, volt and i would both be a little suspect in this case. could try to argue that guava was the inverse. antonio would inspect catharina (presumably) and get mafia.
why would antonio kill guava over volt, catharina or me? - could argue kept volt alive to frame them since guava was inspecting volt and could theoretically clear volt by having the votes "add up" in volt's favor. would know from my inspection that i was not the inverse. could argue it was a 50/50 shot between guava and volt for who was inverse. between catharina and guava, guava gives less info since no one inspected them either night. no answer for why i'm alive, in this case with me the theoretical normal i'd be the biggest target since i'm inspecting antonio tonight.

framing volt - almost impossible. need to inspect antonio and say mafia to cement myself as inverse. guava's inspection of volt as normal will corroborate their naive pigeonhole. one of antonio or catharina needs to die. catharina inspecting antonio will yield mafia so it's possible to pigeonhole her as paranoid. antonio inspecting catharina will also yield mafia, so he can also be pigeonholed as paranoid. need to convince others that volt is open wolfing.
why would volt kill catharina/antonio over guava, antonio or me - catharina's been cleared as town and is a town rallying point. in the volt mafia scenario, guava must be naive so their results really don't matter. no answer for why i'm alive, in this case with me the theoretical inverse i'd be the biggest target since i'm inspecting antonio tonight and would turn up mafia on him and therefore seal volt's doom.

framing guava - easiest but not easy. one of antonio or catharina still needs to die to ensure the other is seen as paranoid. most likely scenario to make them want to wait another day to sort that out without a day kill. guava will say volt is town. volt will say catharina is town. catharina/antonio will say the other is mafia. inspecting antonio and saying town then inspecting guava and saying mafia will cement me as normal and volt as naive. whichever of catharina and antonio dies will be confirmed town.
why would guava kill catharina/antonio over antonio/catharina, volt or me - catharina's been cleared as town and is a town rallying point. antonio and catharina inspecting each other would both yield mafia. volt inspecting catharina would yield town since volt is either normal or naive. me inspecting antonio should yield town since i am either normal or naive. catharina is more valuable than antonio and volt in this case since she hasn't been inspected, and more valuable than me since i haven't been cleared.​
why would guava pretend to be normal or naive by "clearing" volt? - because in the wolf!guava scenario the wolf was always between me, volt, and guava since our results were the ones that didn't add up. guava is trying to blend into that group.​
next steps? - presumably group will try to split votes between me and guava. i'll be on the guava train so i say mafia when inspecting guava. then i would need to kill either volt or antonio depending on who is inspecting me and what i think those results are going to be. pray the one left alive is the naive/paranoid and their results give us nothing.

- killing sheep villager would do very little good in terms of protecting myself but it has the least bad outcomes. it looks the worst for guava.
- killing volt will make me look guilty because i am the only person volt has yet to investigate and would definitely be their target n2. if ace is mafia then volt is definitely naive so there'd be no reason for ace to kill them. really risking volt being naive for me as well.
- killing ace is killing the one person who is attached at the hip with me and would do no good

& thanks for the congrats Daniel! I creeped a few past dethys for inspiration and very few of them made it to the day two 50/50 state like this - town usually won day one or had a confirmed wolf day two - so I just decided 'welp guess I'm just winging it' lmao
thats so impressive omg. you deserved win. i woulve just make everyone argue with each other and not get any logic done lmao

Thanks guys! I will never understate how much luck was involved in the strategy of basically just letting y'all townies do what you wanted inspection-wise and figuring it out as I went, but I guess it worked in making me look townier. Could have easily gone south for me if the inspections had gone differently. Again, GG everyone!

Thanks guys! I will never understate how much luck was involved in the strategy of basically just letting y'all townies do what you wanted inspection-wise and figuring it out as I went, but I guess it worked in making me look townier. Could have easily gone south for me if the inspections had gone differently. Again, GG everyone!

If I was mafia I would have killed Volt, because that way no matter what result you get I will counter because Volt won't be able to.
And would hope for sheep to be paranoid. I thought you were going to do the same.

If I was mafia I would have killed Volt, because that way no matter what result you get I will counter because Volt won't be able to.
And would hope for sheep to be paranoid. I thought you were going to do the same.
I mean I did consider that I might have been able to pull off convincing Sheep to eliminate you if they were paranoid (which they were) under the logic of 'you got mafia for known-towny Volt and mafia for me. do you really want to eliminate me instead of the person you haven't investigated given there's a chance you could be inverse?' But there was the layer of 'who would people expect mafia!Misty to eliminate vs who would people expect mafia!Ace to eliminate' and I was trying to think within that as well. I don't know y'alls metas or past games with each other or anything and this game has been pretty laid back and logical rather than social deduction, so I was trying to work within that framework.

What it came down to was that if you were mafia, you had more information than I did. Volt and you both got town on two people I knew were town and Sheep would have gotten mafia on two people I knew were town had Cath not been my night one kill. If you were mafia, you would have known based on Volt getting town on Sheep and town on you that they were naive. As far as I knew, though, Volt could have been normal, but Sheep could have also been inverse. They both announced they were inspecting me. It was a total 50/50. I had no way of knowing during night two that I'd whittled it down to the pretty much ideal scenario of one under-inspected normal/inverse, one confirmed towny naive/paranoid, and one mafia member pretending to be normal/inverse no matter which way I went.

Back