• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Dethy in July- Mafioso win!

Damniel

Openly Wolfing
Bells
Switch
0804-8939-7771
Island
Sandoval
Red Star Fragment
Pink Star Fragment
Yellow Star Fragment
Blue Star Fragment
Purple Star Fragment
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Hello friends,

It's been a few months since the last mafia game. I'm hoping to get as many people as I can and start by the end of this week.
Welcome to TBT Mafia. Mafia is a game of the informed minority versus the uninformed majority. To elaborate, the game is divided into two teams: the Town and the Mafia. Mafia know who each other are, and can coordinate their actions privately. Town on the other hand don't know anything other than their own role. To compensate, there are many more Townies than Mafia.

At the beginning of the game, you are PM'd your role. The game is divided into repeating phases of Day and Night. Day will generally last 48 hours and revolve around voting for a player to be lynched. Each player (including Mafia) get one vote, and players must figure out who the Mafia are, and convince others that they are correct. At the end of the day, the person with the most votes is lynched, and their alignment and role are revealed.w

Night is typically 24 hours long and is reserved for Mafia night kills and players with special abilities. Usually, players discuss the results of the lynch at night, and make plans for the next day. When night ends, everyone will be informed of who died during the night. The new day will begin, and discussions for the lynch begin anew.

Mafia is a game of logic, intuition, persuasiveness, reading ability, emotion, and will. In short, its a thinking man's game. There are many different ways to approach the game and every game is a very different experience. In addition, Mafia is not for the faint-hearted or overly emotional. While not occurring every game, sometimes people can get into very heated arguments with one another. People can get very emotional playing Mafia, as it is a high-intensity endeavor. That being said, playing Mafia is an excellent to develop thick skin, improve your patience, and make yourself a stronger person mentally.

written by KarlaGB

Please read our guidelines

Day Phases

Playerlist
:
1. voltairenism
2. Antonio
3. Miss Misty
4. guav@
5. Catharina266
Sheep Villager

Valia
~Kilza~

Setup:

Normal Detective:
You are perfect at your powers and will accurately give your target's alignment.

Inverse Detective: You have excellent talent, but you do not know how to use it properly. You will get the opposite alignment of your target.

Naive Detective: You are very unconfident in your abilties. You will just assume all of your targets are town aligned.

Paranoid Detective: You are extremely cautious and untrusting. You assume all of your targets are mafia aligned.

Mafioso: Evil to the core. You need to kill everyone or equal the amount of remaining players to execute the diabolical plan.

Sanity of detectives is unknown to players, even upon death. Game will start on N1 with no mafia kills, only inspections.

If a detective inspects a player that is killed that night, they will not receive an inspection result.

The thread is locked during nights.

Last edited:
Awesome! 9 players would be ideal for a standard setup, so hoping for that many at least. Open to more if I get enough signups though!

signups closing tonight (midnight est). game starts tomorrow 7pm EST

At the moment it’s looking like a dethy setup. 4 more players needed to a standard setup

if you find 3 others, you could count me as in, if not, continue with the dethy.

/obs

I'd love to participate but am super busy for like... the next 10 months :p, so i'll observe for now (y)

Looks like we’re doing a dethy. I’ll post an explanation fo the rules, along with roles tomorrow.

Game starts 7pm EST

Last edited:
@voltairenism
@Antonio
@Miss Misty
@guav@
@Catharina266

Game starts in nearly 7 hours. Setup posted in the OP. Roles going out now, you’ll either get “detective” or “mafioso”

Post automatically merged:

Nights are normally locked, but since the game will start on Night 0, the thread will be open for then. Phases are 24 hours each (may speed up later)

Night 0

The game has started!

To start the game off, all detectives will send in an inspection on a player. If everyone would like this night to end early, please PM me (on here or discord) to tell me so. Otherwise, you have 24 hours to send your actions.​

whats up everyone
i was thinking about the set up and in my opinion coordinating who everyone is inspecting makes it easier for the mafioso to blend in. let me know what u guys think - im not remarkably smart

Shouldn't we all collectively agree to pick one separate individual from everybody else? That way if mafia has the ability to vote somebody off, they'll most likely vote off somebody who will target them. There's also the possibility of them targeting somebody else but that would leave them open to other people reads (depending on if we get town or mafia results).

However, I don't know how the detective role works because all I got is "You're detective" so I don't know how to process that.

whats up everyone
i was thinking about the set up and in my opinion coordinating who everyone is inspecting makes it easier for the mafioso to blend in. let me know what u guys think - im not remarkably smart
Could you elaborate on this, please?

@Damniel could you elaborate on the role win conditions? What results do we get for inspecting?

I DIDN'T READ THE OP, OOPS. IGNORE THAT DAMNIEL.

Normal Detective: You are perfect at your powers and will accurately give your target's alignment.

Inverse Detective: You have excellent talent, but you do not know how to use it properly. You will get the opposite alignment of your target.

Naive Detective: You are very unconfident in your abilties. You will just assume all of your targets are town aligned.

Paranoid Detective: You are extremely cautious and untrusting. You assume all of your targets are mafia aligned.

Mafioso: Evil to the core. You need to kill everyone or equal the amount of remaining players to execute the diabolical plan.

Sanity of detectives is unknown to players, even upon death. Game will start on N1 with no mafia kills, only inspections
What we should do for day 0 is actually coordinate all our inspections on a single individual to determine which individual is which detective. We would also have to realize that one out of those 5 inspection is a lie.

I feel like this is a sound way to go, but who do we target and how do we determine that?

Forget everything I said above besides the last thing, I totally didn't read the op till after I scrolled up.

@Damniel could we target ourselves to determine which detective we Are?

Last edited:
Back