• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Days 449 & 450 - A Notorious Nickname

behth

Beth from Storrs
Bells
Classic Easter Egg
Happy Monday, everybody! I didn't post yesterday because I didn't much feel like getting on the computer at all, so I'll combine it with today in this post. Quite a lot happened, so I'll try to be as curt as possible!

I'm going to start by saying that we still haven't seen a ray of sunshine in Storrs. How many days in a row has it rained now? I've lost count.

View attachment 235610

I should just undo my beautiful town ordinance in favor of something else for now. Perhaps I'll do that tomorrow. Anyway. Colton talked to me yesterday and gave me his Regal Lamp. Hooray! I'd been waiting to get that off of him ever since he replaced it in his house. I spoke to him again and he wanted something to replace his Fresh Tee at home. Double hooray! He needed to get rid of that very badly, and this was the perfect opportunity to give his Regal Lamp back to him.

View attachment 235607

He thanked me with a Pyramid, which was a new addition to my catalog.

Also, I noticed that the hibiscus bushes are almost in bloom!

View attachment 235608

Yet another reminder that summer is fully upon us. :)
And as you can see, I have a lot of furniture lying on the ground there. That's some of the furniture from my tea party garden room, which I temporarily replaced with some regal furniture for my fairy-tale theme challenge. More about that later!

Buck asked me for a new greeting and I suggested "hay-o" to go with his horse pun catchphrase. A little weak, but it works. x)

My fake rock was an amethyst, so I had Cyrus refurbish my Polka-Dot Table. I checked on my HHA score at Nook's, and over one night after the addition of my regal room, my score went up 210,000 points to 410,000!

View attachment 235609

Funny how that one new room made such a big difference.
Lyle said that everything in my house was "workin' the theme"...except for the basement. But I thought they didn't grade basements! Nevertheless, I was glad to hear of an opportunity to earn even more points. So that night, I decided to take up my Polka-Dot/Harvest room and replace it with my Mush series that I borrowed from Lily's house (just for now).

I realized that it had been days since I'd seen Chief, so I thought I would check the shops and cafe for him today. He was in the cafe, enjoying the rainy day inside with a cup of coffee. I thought I would work a shift and then sit down and have a drink with him. But once I was done working, his seat was suddenly empty. That was odd. I found him in is house after I left, though, and spent some time with him there. He gave me a Stripe Carpet, just because, and talked me into buying his Sleek Wall.

Now onto today!
Colton ran over to me and told me to have his Fresh Tee. Perfect! Got him to replace it yesterday, and took it off of his hands today. Oh, and you know how I've been obsessing over Chief, Buck, and Colton's nickname for me? Well I found our next conversation absolutely hilarious.

View attachment 235611\

"Shorty" wasn't in green, so obviously he hadn't made the connection.

View attachment 235614

Well...I supposed I WAS the one to ask.
I said that I was pretty sure it usually refers to a significant other. Not that I would mind that in my case, Colton. :rolleyes:

View attachment 235612

The fact that Colton was actually aware of this was entirely too funny. xD
But I withheld my laughter and waited to see where this was going.

View attachment 235613

Yeah, let's just go with that. ^^;
I talked to Colton one more time and he informed me that Chester was planning on moving!! Joyous day. I hoped Chester would inform me of that if I ran into him later.

I carried on and eventually passed by him on the cobblestone bridge. He didn't ping or anything, but I didn't speak to him in hopes I could get him to ping a bit later. I found Chief behind Re-Tail and he asked me to get him a cherry. Since I was therewith finished with my patrol through town, my pockets were full and I vowed to get him one once I emptied them. On my way up to Main Street, I went back by where Chester was and this time he did ping.

View attachment 235615

I urged him to move and he didn't back out. Awesome. I didn't even have to put up with him for very long. I also remembered I'd just dug up the time capsule by his house and gave it to him. Inside was a Twinkle Tee, and I was again glad that my pockets were full, since he said he would mail me a gift in return, instead of just giving me the contents of the capsule right there.

I had my fossils checked out, sold them and some other things to Reese, grabbed a cherry for Chief, and went to track him down. I found him by the bonfire, and he gave me a Treadmill as thanks.

Oh, and I had TWO more letters from the HHA this morning, informing me that my score had surpassed both the 500 and 700,000 point marks! I was a little confused about the "new house part" the letters were talking about rewarding me with, so I made sure to inquire about this today.

View attachment 235616

Wahoo! I'm very glad to finally be making progress on my theme challenge, since I really just want to get my house back to the way it was before I signed up for this. x) Lyle said my basement was still not in harmony with the theme, but the guide I used said that the Mush series does count as fairy-tale. And the huge spike in my score has to mean he's just bluffing, right? Anyway, as long as my score is going up I don't really care. I also found the option to ask Lyle about my prizes, which appear to be free, exclusive Golden exterior parts! The golden stuff is toy shop/antique-themed, so I probably won't try them out until I unlock all of the prizes. Pretty cool, though!

I ordered a few knick-knacks from my catalog that would go with my fairy-tail theme, and did a little organizing on my house before I called it a day. While I was doing that, Felicity stopped by for a surprise visit and gave me a Kiddie Couch.

And that should do it for today's part! Sorry this was such a long post. Tomorrow we'll see how my HHA score comes along, and whether or not we'll get a little sunshine. See ya's then. :) *waves*

Attachments

• HNI_0097.JPG
    HNI_0097.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 14
  • HNI_0099.JPG
    HNI_0099.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 15
  • HNI_0007.JPG
    HNI_0007.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 15
  • HNI_0011.JPG
    HNI_0011.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 721
  • HNI_0026.JPG
    HNI_0026.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 13
  • HNI_0028.JPG
    HNI_0028.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 14
  • HNI_0029.JPG
    HNI_0029.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 16
  • HNI_0027.JPG
    HNI_0027.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 14
  • HNI_0032.JPG
    HNI_0032.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 14
  • HNI_0037.JPG
    HNI_0037.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 15
Congratulations on your HHA score and getting Chester to move! I'm finding it hard to surpass the 405,000 mark. :p

I love that conversation between you and Colton!

Last edited:
Back