• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Dating Animal Crossing Villagers

Nintendo would never do that. Not in this age. There's just to many people trying their hardest to get offended over the smallest stuff.

While I'm not really into the whole dating the villagers thing, I do think New Leaf has some kind of flirty stuff in it. Like, I remember Julian asking me for (or giving me) furniture and making some kind of joke about it meaning we'd move in together. And sometimes the letters I get are sweet and can be interpreted certain ways.
I do think a lot of the villagers interactions are open to our interpretation, which I like. I have a male and female horse villager in my town. And one of them will ask me to deliver something the other forgot at their house and it's always clothes. And sometimes when they're mad at eachother you can assume they had a romantic squabble. I'd rather things stay open ended like that and we can use our imaginations to fill thing in and make our own stories. So I wouldn't mind more unique things being added that are open to interpretation, but I'd prefer if there's no official dating. But I do like the idea that as you increase your friendship you get better presents from them or unique information about them .

I like the idea of this BUT I also moreso like the idea of being matchmaker too. I admit there?s been a couple villagers I really liked, but I think I?d like being matchmaker more and watching all the drama unfold in town, especially with all the snooty villagers :) and how funny the uchi villagers would be to watch go through that. Or cranky ones!

I think it would be kinda weird. When I was young though playing the first ds game I was CONVINCED my character was dating purrl.
In happy home designer I made one of the goats have a wedding house and a picture of another goat boy on their nightstand lol i can't remember who. It might be cute if villagers could date each other. But then like.. I would want them both to move at the same time with each other and not like break up.. ouch.

omg if nintendo did this a generation of furries would rise up. but with all the wedding crap nintendo is shoving into the animal crossing community, with pocket camp (a gyroid event, a fortune cookie, leaf ticket items, AND a garden event) hell all the wedding stuff could be a hint towards marrying a villager in the switch game. who knows. of course nothing deep but i could see it playing out the way you could date villagers in magicians quest mysterious times. it was lighthearted and nothing special, but the option to date was still there. As people have been saying though i do like the idea of villagers dating eachother. it sounds more reasonable than dating animals (since it is a bit weird for a human to be dating an animal). i'd sell an internal organ to date Teddy though

To the people that are talking a Pocket Camp, I'm pretty sure that's just for fun....
It's like playing dress up and pretending to do those things.

20190606203247.jpg

Also it's June

Last edited:
i wouldn't really want this. i like how smug villagers casually flirt with your character, but it's nothing too serious or deep. now, if villagers could date each other, i'd take that over them dating us

Eh, I'm not sure what I should think about this. Honestly, it would be that kind of feature I wouldn't
welcome with open arms. I always see my villagers as either good neighbors or best friends, but not
as love interests. I mean, if the villagers would like to date each other, then I guess I have to live
with that, although I would prefer if Animal Crossing wouldn't get involved in any "love story" stuff.
I don't wanna hear the whole time from a villager why villager X doesn't love him/her, ugh. I have
already enough to do with building a whole town in the upcoming game, any kind of love drama is
the last thing I need tbh.

I would be alright with it I guess. I mean, it's not something I would be super happy about, but if they did add it, I wouldn't be super annoyed I guess. One thing I do like about this idea is playing matchmaker, it would kinda be like harvest moon where you could set couples up

Honestly, not sure how to feel about dating in the AC universe. I wouldn't boycott it or anything but I'm not sure it's something that I want or need that badly within the series.

What effect would it have on gameplay and your village?
As for gameplay, if we as the player can get together with a villager, they should be able to pair up as well, maybe even in a Fire Emblem sort of manner, where you can get "first dibs" by encouraging the villagers to go for it and get together (like how you arrange the S supports). Village-wise? It'd make everything a lot more lively and engaging, for sure.

What villager do you think you would date, and why?
Either my man Butch or the one and only Whitney. Both of them are incredibly sweet and I love them to death. Too bad you can't have a harem.

What villager do you think would most likely have a crush on you?
Honestly not sure with this one personally.

Nintendo would never do that. Not in this age. There's just to many people trying their hardest to get offended over the smallest stuff.

This is exactly what I thought too. I also think it's a feature that wouldn't fit so good into a game franchise
like Animal Crossing. At least after all these years where I played AC, start to dating villagers out of nowhere would feel kinda weird.

Last edited:
little me would’ve loved the chance to date a villager (i googled “how to date a villager in acww” way too much lmao) but this is a feature i definitely think doesn’t belong anywhere near this series - dating an animal would just be weird lmao

Back