Customization

Do you?

• Total voters

Deimos

Freshly Delivered Egg
Bells
Do you like the customization in this game? With everything - your character, house and island.

Last edited:
yes, i love it! the quality of choices seems to be much higher than in NL.

yes, i love it! the quality of choices seems to be much higher than in NL.

I agree. Even though we lost certain things, we gained so much more.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yes and I'd love to be able to costumize even more items!

I think the customization is getting started if I'm being honest. We'll be able to customize a lot more probably as we dive further in our gameplay.

Last edited:
I'm saying no, only because I don't feel like the customization is quite there yet - or they've 'locked' more options until some future update, which to me honestly, is frustrating (albeit slightly annoying).

What I've seen with housing is beautiful and the graphical quality is very good, but the options in colors and overall look was far better in ACNL where we had complete control over more styles and even changing the look of the town buildings themselves to match whatever theme we were going for. They don't have that here; unless they ever fix that, I'll never be able to achieve the type of town look that I want and that ruins my enjoyment.

Every building looks the same in every island.
Every decoration looks the same; wood, wood, wood, iron, wood.

The customization for items is incredibly limited. Half, if not over half, of my entire DIY collection so far can't be customized. What I purchase from the store can rarely be customized either - leaving my island to look like an ugly 'mish-mosh' of whatever items are available and don't even match.

Honestly, it's discouraging that my island can't be what I want it to be - it's a disappointing and 'let down' kind of feeling.

Last edited:
I'm saying no, only because I don't feel like the customization is quite there yet - or they've 'locked' more options until some future update, which to me honestly, is frustrating (albeit slightly annoying).

What I've seen with housing is beautiful and the graphical quality is very good, but the options in colors and overall look was far better in ACNL where we had complete control over more styles and even changing the look of the town buildings themselves to match whatever theme we were going for. They don't have that here; unless they ever fix that, I'll never be able to achieve the type of town look that I want and that ruins my enjoyment.

The customization for items is incredibly limited. Half, if not over half, of my entire DIY collection so far can't be customized. What I purchase from the store can rarely be customized either - leaving my island to look like an ugly 'mish-mosh' of whatever items are available and don't even match.

Honestly, it's discouraging that my island can't be what I want it to be - it's a disappointing and 'let down' kind of feeling.

Big agree. you said it perfectly.

i do! i’ve only customized a few items so far but it’s fun!

Customizing furniture is so much fun, especially when the change is more drastic - like the empty frying pan being filled with various stuff. I just got a shell lamp which looks pretty average normally, but it had like an iridescent color option.

Character is alright, I wonder if Mii heads will be a thing again? The clothes are very pretty, I can't really judge the options. More hairstyles would always be appreciated, but I really want a dip dye option and I'm sure others want some streaks too.

Haven't unlocked terraforming yet, but it's an awesome addition. I prefer moving buildings though.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Customizing furniture is so much fun, especially when the change is more drastic - like the empty frying pan being filled with various stuff. I just got a shell lamp which looks pretty average normally, but it had like an iridescent color option.

Character is alright, I wonder if Mii heads will be a thing again? The clothes are very pretty, I can't really judge the options. More hairstyles would always be appreciated, but I really want a dip dye option and I'm sure others want some streaks too.

Haven't unlocked terraforming yet, but it's an awesome addition. I prefer moving buildings though.

Every building looks the same in every island.
Every decoration looks the same; wood, wood, wood, iron, wood.

I’ve realized that even though many items can’t be customized at a workbench, those items still have various color varieties. For instance I got a mug, but didn’t really like it cause it was red. But in the catalog its marked as a “red mug.” Similarly, I found two “smokers” that can’t be customized, but one is green and the other is black. The catalog lets me press X to see “varieties” of “black smoker” and “green smoker.” There seems to be a lot of customization of items that is just not readily available to the player.

As for buildings, I think the customization for player houses is quite good, but the town structures obviously have basically no player input. I hope that’s something that gets added to the game over time.

Last edited:
For some reason I went to my workbench but I couldn't customize a White Desk or a Throwback Gothic Mirror. It allowed me to customize my tools though. Strange.

Relocating my house...YES!
Relocating shops.....YES!
Changing the river layout...YES!
Changing the cliff layout...YES!
Pathmaking.....YES!
Changing my character appearance.....YES!
Changing my hair without weird quizzes and shampoodle......YES!!!!!!

Resident Services / Town Plaza can't be moved :(

Last edited:
Back