• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

I've Always Wondered....

Angelbearpuppy

Bells
Switch
6473-4083-8328
Holiday Candy Cane 2020
Tasty Cake
Those if you that have more than one human resident and no one else that shares your island, Why do you create more than one? Is it for extra storage? Do you play all of them or stick with your main one. I have always just played my solo character so I am rather curious.

For me, I do it for the lore of my island/town. Each one I create has their own story, and their own lore. For example, my island has 3 human characters, one is a witch, one is a fairy and one is a selkie. I play with my island representative the most, obviously, and I only ever play with my other human characters if their house needs changing. My villagers always ask about them LOL!!

So for me, it's for the story of the town, and creating a world behind it :)

Well on my other island (Quadratum) I have 8 users because they have benefits like:

1. They can get different Fortunes from Katrina

2. They would get different variants of Birthday Items

3. They can buy more items and even send the items to yourself

4. They can go on Kapp'n Islands in one day:

5. Bell Tree Spots will spawn for each user

6. They can be transferred to a different island but keep their stuff

7. They can store items in the Recycle Bin at Resident Services:

8. They can buy multiple paintings and statues from Redd

I could definitely see where that would be worth it for helping with some of the more grindy parts

I could definitely see where that would be worth it for helping with some of the more grindy parts
something else I forgot to mention that you can have even more storage with upgrading homes with each user. Of course thats going to cost a lot of bells to do that and if you had say 8 users and they all had 5,000 storage each you're looking at a total of 40,000 Storage.

something else I forgot to mention that you can have even more storage with upgrading homes with each user. Of course thats going to cost a lot of bells to do that and if you had say 8 users and they all had 5,000 storage each you're looking at a total of 40,000 Storage.
Makes sense. Be handy for collectors.

I can imagine. I picked up the game launch game as well. But fir me the enjoyment is seeing how things change over time. I usually reset every January to experience that change and sense of growth again. At least until I find an Island I fall in love with. And make it my forever island.

I've always made the maximum amount of player characters in Animal Crossing games since the GameCube game. Partially for more storage but also partially because I enjoy the interior designing aspect of the games and having more player characters also allows for more rooms to design.

While the older games maxed out at 4 player characters per game, New Horizons allows for a maximum of 8 and I happily took them up on it. The same incentives of extra storage and rooms to design still applied, but additionally, it tied in to my island's concept. My island is a melting pot of different cultures and time periods coming together in one place, so having as many player characters as possible allows for more representation and, as you can guess, even 8 isn't enough, but hey.

The 8 reasons that VanitasFan26 mentioned are also things I do too.

I do play as all of the player characters. I gave them all their own backgrounds, personalities, interests, fashion tastes, etc. so it adds some variance.

I don't play every real world day, and am more of the sort where I focus on the game for a while and then take an indefinite break (could be days, weeks, months) before eventually returning and repeating the process.

I've always made the maximum amount of player characters in Animal Crossing games since the GameCube game. Partially for more storage but also partially because I enjoy the interior designing aspect of the games and having more player characters also allows for more rooms to design.

While the older games maxed out at 4 player characters per game, New Horizons allows for a maximum of 8 and I happily took them up on it. The same incentives of extra storage and rooms to design still applied, but additionally, it tied in to my island's concept. My island is a melting pot of different cultures and time periods coming together in one place, so having as many player characters as possible allows for more representation and, as you can guess, even 8 isn't enough, but hey.

The 8 reasons that VanitasFan26 mentioned are also things I do too.

I do play as all of the player characters. I gave them all their own backgrounds, personalities, interests, fashion tastes, etc. so it adds some variance.

I don't play every real world day, and am more of the sort where I focus on the game for a while and then take an indefinite break (could be days, weeks, months) before eventually returning and repeating the process.
That is a intresting concept and one I honestly have not explored.

For the older games I had always made the max of 4 characters. Mostly for decorating. I love decorating the houses . With both new leaf and new horizons I have 2 islands/towns so two characters for each. I like having more then one for storage and decorating.Also for more chances of getting a real painting from Redd. I like to try and build friendships with each character and see who becomes best friends with different villagers.

i have an extra account because i wanted to make a little cafรฉ for my island and wanted another house. though the downside of not upgrading that house more than once is the severe lack of storage haha

For the extra buildings. For example one of mine is used as a block of flats and it's implied other villagers live there.

Do you play with all of your residents or only access them for special events or to get something from storage?

This seems silly, but I added an extra character at first because I didn't like how the map page with the villagers/residents wasn't even on each side. Eventually I used the character for extra storage, mainly random holiday goods or DIY sets I never use. Storage has never really been a problem for me though.

And then recently I deleted that character and made a new one for my boyfriend who I thought was going to play for real. He did help me decorate his house but other than that, he just became another spare character. I don't play on my boyfriend's character but sometimes for events or just to take photos I will take him out for party play mode <3

My two side characters are there for both a potential storage and for other shops that I have up on the island. One is a store owner and the other is an hotel owner.
Did something similar back in New Leaf.

Back