Currently Playing?

Just finished the "Meh" Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Mega Battle. Now I'm back to focusing on Dragon Quest VIII (3DS) in full. That is, until Resident Evil 7 gets here on Tuesday.

If I thought Harvest Moon A New Beginning (only HM game/farming game I've played) was just OK, do you think Stardew Valley is different/better enough that I might like it?

Stardew Valley is 1000x better than A New Beginning. Heck, A New Beginning's sequel 'Story of Seasons' is better. But if you have a capable PC or a regular PS4, then get Stardew Valley. It's one -the- best farming games to come out since Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons took a steep quality dive in 2007.

If I thought Harvest Moon A New Beginning (only HM game/farming game I've played) was just OK, do you think Stardew Valley is different/better enough that I might like it?

I personally haven't played any Harvest Moon games so I can't make a reliable comparison, but from someone who rarely plays these types of farm/dating simulators, I can say it is absolutely worth the very reasonable price. It can be a little overwhelming because time passes so quickly and there's tons to do, but it's easy enough to play at your own pace and figure everything out as you progress. I'd really recommend it, though Blue Cup's evaluation is probably more useful for you. :)

If you're at all interested, I have a complete playthrough on my Youtube channel that shows off the game and all its features and whatnot.

Thank you, I'll check out your videos to see what I think of the game. I keep hearing good things about it so I'm really tempted to give it a try. I also like supporting indie games that are good. If I like what I see, I'll probably wait until the next Steam sale and then pick it up!

As of the past week or so, I've been alternating between Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and hatching eggs or collecting last year's event Pokemon from the delivery woman in Pokemon Alpha Sapphire.

currently playing N++ and VA-11 Hall-A.

N++ is a solid platformer with a bumpin' soundtrack. really good for short sessions, and there's so many levelssss
VA-11 Hall-A is a visual novel where you mix drinks for patrons while the story unfolds. it's got a comfy atmosphere, and the cast of patrons and fellow bartenders is interesting.

got both from the highest tier of the current HumbleBundle

I'm currently playing the original Metroid Prime from the Metroid Prime Trilogy on my Wii U, sitting at 10% completion after defeating Flaahgra and claiming Varia Suit.

From what I've seen so far, the transition from 2D to 3D is done pretty well. It managed to capture the action-adventure platformer spirit of Super Metroid, and made exploring and shooting in a 3D environment quite a blast! The Wii + Nunchuk control scheme in this entire trilogy is quite possibly one of the greatest ways to play any First-Person Shooter, and I'm shocked it isn't ubiquitous for today's FPS games.

Playing ACNL and Hyrule Warriors Legends. In the process of putting up some more round streetlights and collecting gold skulltulas.

I finally got around to Paper Mario Color Splash and I really like it. It is one of the most charming, funny games I have ever played. I know people said it was too full of toads but hello.... thats like a humungous selling point for me lol. Like I love the witty dialogue throughout it, but its 10x funnier coming from a freaking toad. Also the key toads for the Crimson tower totally surprised me and I thought it was a great addition.

I for some reason get stressed out moreso than I should with the combat system. I feel often times I'm too wasteful (although you can easily farm the cards, I don't want to do that). I'm not even through the first boss yet though, so maybe I will get better. Also trying to find every single colorless spot drives me insane. I find myself getting bored with the combat very quickly though, and I need more variety in the enemies.

I got Tales of Berseria a few days ago, but finally decided to play it today and wow... W O W. It's such a fun game. I'll be spending most of my free time on it now, it's wonderful.

Poochy and Yoshi's Woolly World. I've finished the game 100% on my Wii U but I don't mind going through it again. The controls feels smoother, the Poochy levels are addictive and the short movies are freakin' adorable.

Back