City Folk restart!

Frozen

Bells
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Do you find that playing different versions of the game is weird? Do you still keep up with New Leaf, or vise versa?

Last edited:
Aside from seeing the short, stumpy characters, it's not weird for me. I still play ACCF just about daily and I play the GameCube game a few times a month.

I don't think it's weird, but the other games lack so much in comparison to new leaf imo... I tried playing WW again and I got so bored quickly, plus the characters look so much more... stumpy lol

Few weeks ago i played City Folk and I was amazed on how fast you can run in that game compared to New Leaf. Pretty Weird

I actually just went on the GameCube version yesterday. It was very weird for me. The town was gigantic, and the acre system was weird. The graphics are horrible now compared to new leaf. Also, there were 15 villagers. It was sad with the villagers because about half of them were GameCube exclusives and aren't in new leaf. But it was really odd because all of the villagers were the same as how I left them. None of them had moved out, even after 86 months!
I haven't been on city folk much lately. That's only because two of my favorite villagers from that town moved out, Kody and Biskit. I think Lucy moved out too. My only favorite villager in that town now is Frobert. So I just don't go on much anymore.
I barely ever go on wild world. I just get depressed when I go in that town. Weeds are in every square of the town, and a rafflesia grew. Four villagers moved out. They were replaced by four villagers from my GameCube town. Those villagers are still in the GameCube town too though. Also, daisy moved in, but I already see her in new leaf. Then I think there's a glitch in that town that the game is reading Bluebear as a male. But I haven't been on there in 3 months, so I'm not sure what's up.
But to me, I mostly play new leaf. Pretty much everyday. It's just too hard to commit to 4 towns at once.

I went on the Wild World version about a month ago, and stopped after two days. It was so boring compared to New Leaf, and donating took so long. Does anyone else remember how you wouldn't know if you donated a fish/bug or not, and how you had to donate everything one at a time? On top of that, Blathers gives you this super long description on each thing you donate. It takes forever compared to the skills of New Leaf!
I would probably go back to City Folk too, but it's not portable and I would hardly have time to play on the town. Summer would really be the only time I could start up a town on any Animal Crossing game, but City Folk would most likely be the only one that I would abandon as soon as school rolled back around.

I don't go on CF only because I've done just about everything to be done and the villager AI was AWFUL in that game. I still pop into my GC game from time to time. I don't think I've played WW since CF came out, for some reason that was my least favourite iteration.

I've been thinking about loading up my CF, but I just know that there will be a rafflesia and everything will be gross. I don't think I would be able to stand looking at my character either. I went through my old screenshots recently, and I couldn't get over how horrible the characters looked compared to NL. I was fine with it before NL, but now they just remind me of Cartman ;)

I only play NL now. I try to play CF every now and then, but the graphics just bother me now. We used to be so damn short, guys. The colors in-game give me a headache. And I'll check in on my PG town once in a while too, but it doesn't keep me entertained for too long. As for WW, I never truly got hooked from the get-go, but I went on yesterday, and it was so pixely, good lord.

I've been spoiled by 3D, crisp graphics, and swimming.

Last edited:
I only play NL now. I try to play CF every now and then, but the graphics just bother me now. We used to be so damn short, guys. The colors in-game give me a headache. And I'll check in on my PG town once in a while too, but it doesn't keep me entertained for too long. As for WW, I never truly got hooked from the get-go, but I went on yesterday, and it was so pixely, good lord.

I've been spoiled by 3D, crisp graphics, and swimming.

Yeah, the graphics on WW are terrrrrrrible. I couldn't play it after CF came out because of them. Heck, the GC graphics are better so if you didn't know better you might think WW was the original. x.x

I played a little bit of WW when I was waiting for NL to come out. But now comparing them, NL is better. I do like the music a bit more in WW, but the gameplay and graphics are definitely better in NL.

Back