• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Mafia CHATBOT MAFIA...Chapter 5: The Glitch... ENDGAME?

Us: *asks favourite ice cream flavour*
Betsy: *just listing every flavour of ice cream*

:ROFLMAO: Love that. You can have mine and Damniel's share. Just to make sure I understand though, you don't know whether you are town or maf yet Betsy? Or just about the power we can vote to give?

ready for another game of betrayal and heartache?
Of course! I already feel betrayed...it could be Tessa...

tumblr_lydruapeIi1qao1lqo1_500.gif

:LOL: kidding, tessa!
Sort of...
Post automatically merged:

Us: *asks favourite ice cream flavour*
Betsy: *just listing every flavour of ice cream*

:ROFLMAO: Love that. You can have mine and Damniel's share. Just to make sure I understand though, you don't know whether you are town or maf yet Betsy? Or just about the power we can vote to give?
Im assuming town, as it's been several hours and nobody's pm'd me maf wise. But no, I haven't gotten the official role thingy yet.

I'm super excited to be playing with you all! The twist where we can vote to give others powers each night is super interesting.
Kinda related to that, I know night 1s are a typical no-vote for eliminating people, but what are people's initial thoughts on the power-vote? also a no-vote in the case we can't find out who's townie with relative confidence? Or should we go for it since the odds are in our favour, even if it's completely random who we pick.

Hmm, from what I understand from my research about how to play, choosing not to vote day 1 really helps mafia more than us since even if we vote wrong, there is still insight to pick up from how everyone votes (Betsy confirming this helped her too). But yeah, with the fact we can vote on the power up too makes things more dangerous. We can risk losing a townmate and giving the power to maf so it's double the danger. But also, again, I dunno if it would be in our best interest to waste powers too???

(I'm still not gonna trust you picking how you want to play just yet, but way to early to start throwing real accusations, especially since you weren't mafia in the baby park game as far as I saw, so that does make this a more trustworthy stance 🤔)

All of you referencing past games jsbksbfks. So many stories.

Im assuming town, as it's been several hours and nobody's pm'd me maf wise. But no, I haven't gotten the official role thingy yet.

Ah, got it! So right now you truly are a wild card. That's pretty sound reasoning though, but also Boring and Ravenkitty22 haven't posted yet so it could also be a case that mafia hasn't had a chance to see their own role and check in yet? Well, I can't speak for the rest of us, but I guess you will find out your role soon enough. Let us know if you do end up as Maf? :') ❤️

Last edited:
what about tessa has you sus so far

Nothing but mah feelings...perhaps slight awkwardness? Way too early, though, so I'm just putting everything under the microscope.

Ah, got it! So right now you truly are a wild card. That's pretty sound reasoning though, but also Boring and Ravenkitty22 haven't posted yet so it could also be a case that mafia hasn't had a chance to see their own role and check in yet? Well, I can't speak for the rest of us, but I guess you will find out your role soon enough. Let us know if you do end up as Maf? :') ❤️

Of course I will! Lol...

For the vote for special powers, do we know if it's only a one time special power for that night? Or is it like giving the person a power role? That could make a big diffetence.

Nothing but mah feelings...perhaps slight awkwardness? Way too early, though, so I'm just putting everything under the microscope.

Of course I will! Lol...

For the vote for special powers, do we know if it's only a one time special power for that night? Or is it like giving the person a power role? That could make a big diffetence.
im not really picking up on any awkwardness. the question stage is always a little awkward but no bad vibes im picking up

im not really picking up on any awkwardness. the question stage is always a little awkward but no bad vibes im picking up

Hey, I could be wrong. It happens- often. But I figured - have to start somewhere, and geoni isn't here to get my first vote...

My guess is it would be a single-use item situation, so things like a one-shot shotgun or a medic-kit or a bus with one dash of gas left (no idea which of these are actual single-use powers, just kinda extrapolating from the mafia ABCs thread)

Hmm, from what I understand from my research about how to play, choosing not to vote day 1 really helps mafia more than us since even if we vote wrong, there is still insight to pick up from how everyone votes (Betsy confirming this helped her too). ❤️

That's fair! I guess my "usually" really just means "only other time I played mafia" :p we no-voted night 1 and won so was thinking it's a workable strat. I definitely see where you're coming from though! As a numbers guy myself, it might take a bit more swaying to outweigh my apprehensions with us being more likely to vote out a townie, but I'm definitely down to hear people out.

What're your thoughts Damniel on how day-1 elimination votes usually go and how you suspect a day-1 power vote to go?

My guess is it would be a single-use item situation, so things like a one-shot shotgun or a medic-kit or a bus with one dash of gas left (no idea which of these are actual single-use powers, just kinda extrapolating from the mafia ABCs thread)

That's fair! I guess my "usually" really just means "only other time I played mafia" :p we no-voted night 1 and won so was thinking it's a workable strat. I definitely see where you're coming from though! As a numbers guy myself, it might take a bit more swaying to outweigh my apprehensions with us being more likely to vote out a townie, but I'm definitely down to hear people out.

What're your thoughts Damniel on how day-1 elimination votes usually go and how you suspect a day-1 power vote to go?
im not entirely sure how the item mechanic plays into this, but on TBT recently, people tend to either vote for an inactive, geoni or no elimination. unless the setup encourages a no vote (such as if it could buy us an extra day phase), I always think we should vote someone off

Hey, I could be wrong. It happens- often. But I figured - have to start somewhere, and geoni isn't here to get my first vote...
too bad he’s on a 6 month hike or i would’ve voted!

As a numbers guy myself, it might take a bit more swaying to outweigh my apprehensions with us being more likely to vote out a townie, but I'm definitely down to hear people out.

I'd like to add...in games with inactives, it can be really frustrating to have them still hanging around toward the end of the game. Then you end up voting based on zero information. Also, wolfy characters can use inactives as targets later in the game. So I do think it's better to elim them earlier.

I have no real meta experience to know if Tessa is playing awkwardly, but I'll be cautious about reading into her posts. So far I don't really find anything suspicious though. But all we have to go off of right now are hunches anyway.

The first post just says a power without further details so I don't think any of us know. There is a new one after the end of each day though so maybe it could be a mix of both?

Haha! You're fine, You have one where I have zero so I trust your experience more than mine. I wasn't trying to say we shouldn't no vote, just going through my textbook awareness of the game to say how I felt about not voting on a power up. Sorry if it came off that way, if we all end up deciding on no voting for day 1 I won't be upset at all, we need to work together. Not voting and having a bigger pool of town can definitely have it's advantages too. I go back and agree with Tessa, Mafia is stressful, too many risky decisions.

I don't know Geoni, but based on how you two feel. I think we should vote him.(y)But also this 6 month hike thing sounds awesome.

Tessa's gonna come back and be like - Betsy! How dare! 😂

Knowing this will change because it's so early and there's no info ...

If I had to vote now, I'd likely vote to elim one of the inactives, vote "yes" on the power, and vote for the power to go to Frosty....(or to whoever is by consensus least sus by eod 1, right now, that's my least sus).

*that's just at this point in time and can change as the game goes on...

If the power is defensive, like protection or detection, it can only help town, and we could really use it. Plus, it won't do any harm if maf gets it. If the power is offensive, maybe we can learn from how it is used, whether it is used? The biggest danger is a sniper...so I'm not terribly confident, but that's a really rare power...I guess it's how cautious people want to play?

Tessa! Good to see you again, we need an experienced f3 player.
I hate you.

Seriously though, glad you can be here even under the circumstances! Praying your town because towny betsy is best betsy and gives me the best advice.

Tessa's gonna come back and be like - Betsy! How dare! 😂
Betsy! How dare!

I'm always awkward honestly, but I'm glad to see that you're ready to take action with voting. (Yay info!!) I agree with giving the power sooner rather than later, but D2 might be better in the chances of giving it to someone trustworthy.

I'm not sure how I feel about it, entirely. It's kind of a double edged sword? Like on one end we could wait and give it to someone towny but the matter as to how much information we receive day 2 is up to chance in some aspects. At the same time though, giving the power today might result in having mafia get more power. The whole power thing in itself is a double edged sword because nobody is confirmed town.
I have no real meta experience to know if Tessa is playing awkwardly, but I'll be cautious about reading into her posts. So far I don't really find anything suspicious though. But all we have to go off of right now are hunches anyway.

The first post just says a power without further details so I don't think any of us know. There is a new one after the end of each day though so maybe it could be a mix of both?

Haha! You're fine, You have one where I have zero so I trust your experience more than mine. I wasn't trying to say we shouldn't no vote, just going through my textbook awareness of the game to say how I felt about not voting on a power up. Sorry if it came off that way, if we all end up deciding on no voting for day 1 I won't be upset at all, we need to work together. Not voting and having a bigger pool of town can definitely have it's advantages too. I go back and agree with Tessa, Mafia is stressful, too many risky decisions.

I don't know Geoni, but based on how you two feel. I think we should vote him.(y)But also this 6 month hike thing sounds awesome.
have you played mafia on a site other than this one?

Last edited:
Me: Can't distinguish between genuine buddying going on cuz ppl know each other and buddying happening to hide maf identities and distancing to hide mafs seeming close 👀

Re: the power

Honestly, even if we can't know for certain who's a townie or not (vv likely for tonight), I'm down to take the risk of voting to give it to someone at random since it's likely to be given to a townie

Me: Can't distinguish between genuine buddying going on cuz ppl know each other and buddying happening to hide maf identities and distancing to hide mafs seeming close 👀

Honestly, even if we can't know for certain who's a townie or not (vv likely for tonight), I'm down to take the risk of voting to give it to someone at random since it's likely to be given to a townie
Wait is there one mafia or two? I thought there was one but now im confused

Oh do we know the number of mafia? I've been going off of baby park where literally everything was unknown

who do you think is budding?

I'd like to add...in games with inactives, it can be really frustrating to have them still hanging around toward the end of the game. Then you end up voting based on zero information. Also, wolfy characters can use inactives as targets later in the game. So I do think it's better to elim them earlier.
from the layer list it seems raven kitty is the only one who hasn’t checked in yet? everyone else seems moderately active at least. so hopefully we don’t go that route

who do you think is budding?

truthfully I think this is more just me reckoning with everyone's varying degrees of experience and knowing each other, the rest is me being neurotic for fun, but if things corroborate later on I might take note

(also, that text blurb is kikotoot's^ formatting on my phone is a nightmare, am not sure what's going on rn)

so far i’m liking betsy for starting the conversation beyond the random question stage. mostly neutral toward everyone else but i’m also liking frosty’s strong attempt at discussion as a new player

Back