• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Character Birthdays?

floatingzoo

old movie aficionado
Bells
Switch
8146-2445-4030
White Cosmos
Orange (Fruit)
Yellow Cosmos
Red Candy
Pear (Fruit)
I was curious, as I always am not sure what do to do when I get to this part of making another human character in a town -- but what birthday do you put for them? Your own? A made up one? A relative?

My mayor's birthday matches my own, but when I created my alt I didn't want too many celebrations on the same day, so I just picked a random day that I liked. It's close to my birthday, but not exact.

I was worried about setting a birthday on a holiday because I wasn't sure how it would affect the games you play with the villagers. I guess everything goes back to normal after they celebrate your birthday?

Havent made an alt character b/c i dont want him taking up the room, but you could have their birthday be based off someone you know, or if you like a particular day of the year you could use that, or even a time close to your own birthday

All my mayors have my actual birthday, just to keep things easy. All of my alts have random bdays, but they make sense to me, like one has a 3-15 bday, another a 6-30 bday, and Azrielle has a 10-13 bday. Hers I just wanted to fall on an unlucky day, and none of my other characters have a fall bday.

Just a random one. I do not even remember which ones I have picked.
If they had any significance, I have long forgotten it.

To be honest I don't really care about the birthdays of alt characters. The most I would really do is choose one for a specific astrological sign. I don't care about the exact date though.

My main player always has my birthday, but my alt characters usually just have a random birthday. The only problem with that is that I sometimes forget the date, like my alt player on AC:GCN. I know his birthday is sometime in late Spring/early Summer but idk the date :p

My mayor shares my birthday, but for my alts I put down dates that are special to me.
I have a sort of memory calendar of days that were really memorable and usually use them~
If not I use my friends birthdays and name the characters after them so they are easy to remember. It's lucky all my friends have really pretty names haha :))

Last edited:
Me and my sis share a game. She is the mayor while im not. So im technically the alt... We both have different birthdays (obvis)
So yeah.

My mayor always has my same birthday. This way I can celebrate my birthday is real life and in my game. Don't have any alts though as I've always preferred just my mayor character and no other characters. X)

mine is my real life birthday, which is also the day I got my ds and created my town :)

my main character is my own birthday, and my other two are the day before and the day after my birthday lol

When I made my other characters for my town I picked dates that matches the specific astrological signs that I wanted. I thought choosing specific one gave them more of a clarity of what they're personality would be like. Just wanted these characters to have a little bit more of a purpose than just storage characters. It makes me use the other characters a little bit more instead of just only my mayor character.

I pretty much always give my mayor the same bday as me so that I feel special when it rolls around haha. ;)
For the other characters, though, I give them whatever birthdays. Usually one that's kinda far from mine so that I always have something to look forward to.

My mayor has my birthday because I like celebrating in the game when it's my actual birthday.

I don't have any alts in my current town, but in past town, I put the alts' birthdays on dates that I like/are important to me.

The mayors of my towns share my birthday (the towns are on different dates) . The alt characters' birthdays were a day, or two, after their mayors.

I either use my own, a random one, or the date that it is when I'm making them lol

To be honest I don't really care about the birthdays of alt characters. The most I would really do is choose one for a specific astrological sign. I don't care about the exact date though.

I do the same thing with my alts! I try to find a date that fits their personalities best or a significant day. :)

Back