• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Cedar trees?

lunachii

Bells
Switch
0046-0281-3834
I read that cedar trees will only grow in the north part of the town. But do they mean only at the top of my town? Like next to the train tracks? Or can I go lower then that? I don't wanna waste my saplings trying it out xD

I have planted ceder trees everywhere.

I know they cant be planted on the beach, but i think thats pretty much it.

And ofcourse not next to one another.

But it said only in the north part of town. And I've had cedar trees dying\not growing if I tried to put them more south

Seeing as towns are 4x5 acres big, I would imagine they can only be planted in the top two rows of acres. (One acre is 16x16 tiles.)

Personally, I've only tried growing cedar trees in the first and top of the second row of acres, so I wouldn't know for sure.

I'm not sure, but maybe it depends on the version of your game? You know, whether you have the Europe version, or the Korean version...

I have no idea XD I just know that I tried to plant some cedars around my own house and Beau's house. But those were close to the coast\cliffs .. maybe that has something to do with it? I have the european version

Ah really? I never knew. I don't have many cedar trees, though I do want to grow more. It's strange how they die at the south part of your town though while for other people's towns they can plant them anywhere.

I don't think it's only my town tho, I think that maybe has to do that I planted them near some cliffs\ coast .. I'll try to plant them around and see what happens

Cedars can not be planted in the south of your town. Not for anyone. They can only be placed at the north, which basically means if you horizontally split up your town in two even areas, only the northern area will grow cedars. If you could send me a picture of your map, I could guess the border for cedars if you want. :)

Barbara is correct. I also could only grow it on the north half of town. The divide line in the game is this: in your game you see the town map right? to the right side theres a yellow triangle to click on and it will have a list of all your villagers + mayor & resident homes+ retail etc. You can grow the cedar tress above & up to that yellow triangle.

hope this made sense.

that doesnt apply for my town, at least not completely. i have some land that curves up past the center where the town is divided, so i can plant some cedar trees on the tip of those parts of land even though they aren't necessarily on the north part

yeah I ran into this problem... had a bunch of cedars wilt on me when I planted them above the southern cliff to the beach... I would guess they only take seed in the top half of town

Back