can you adopt the same villager once you've cycled 16?

Sailor Moon

mayor of la moon
Bells
Silver Mailbox
my girlfriend's stitches moved out and she was absolutely crushed.
since i have a second game, i'm focusing now more on cycling out villagers just for her so i know she's supplied villagers whenever she needs one. i'm also helping her cycle since she's nervous because 9/10 villagers are her dreamies (she has diana, fauna, julian, ankha, felicity, chrissy, tia, flurry and muffy so it's a pretty great town)

she adopted kid cat from my cycling town and wondered if her stitches would show up in my town. i time traveled roughly five days, and sure enough, his house outline was down.

tl;dr my question is could she adopt the same exact stitches after she has cycled through 16 villagers or would it have to be an entirely different stitches?

Last edited:
Yes as long she cycle 16 out she can adopt back stitches^^ I am so sorry to hear that, been there too. If stitches has appear in your town, yes she can adopt back as long as the 16 cycle is complete.

Last edited:
thanks you two!

stitches has been in all of her towns since WW so she took it pretty hard when he moved out unexpectedly.
glad to know i don't have to restart my cycling town! (though i would have if it was for her sake. ////)

I just re-read your post and I'm not entirely sure how it works with villagers you've actually had in your town that have moved into a friend's town since they always recognise you when you talk to them.
Perhaps this changes after you've cycled 16 out but I'm honestly not sure.

Last edited:
Back