• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Can villagers ping you on holidays?

Rika092

Untamed
Bells
Spring Bloom Easter Egg
Blue Junimo Easter Egg
Pavé Pink Feather
Dreamy Bear Plush
Holiday Candy Cane 2021
Peach (Fruit)
Purple Bat Potion
Dino Plush
Bee Plush
Clownfish Plush
I just learned from Flurry that Merengue is thinking about moving, and I have been trying to get her to ping me ever since, so that I can tell her to stay. But it's been two hours now and she doesn't ping me at all even though my villagers will normally do so immediately?the only difference I can think of is that today's the Shamrock Day in my town so does the holiday affect villagers' behaviors in some way? Can villagers actually ping you on holidays??

That happened to me too so I just TT-ed a day forward and got the ping immediately c:

I don't think villagers can ping on a holiday.
I tried the pwp trick and it failed on a holiday.

I think there are certain holidays where before/after the scheduled event time they are able to ping,
but in general no, they cannot/will not ping on holidays.

Well, I had Quillson sick over Shamrock Day and he wouldn't even give me the dialogue about medicine - he had the black sick spirals and everything but just said the normal holiday stuff when I spoke to him. Had to wait for the next day before he'd be a good duck and take his meds lol. If the holiday interrupts the sickness event I'd expect it would interrupt pings.

Well, I had Quillson sick over Shamrock Day and he wouldn't even give me the dialogue about medicine - he had the black sick spirals and everything but just said the normal holiday stuff when I spoke to him. Had to wait for the next day before he'd be a good duck and take his meds lol. If the holiday interrupts the sickness event I'd expect it would interrupt pings.

I had this happen with Fauna and had a freaking heart attack about it.

Anyway, no, they cannot ping on holidays. And they can't ping on tournaments until 9 PM. So just get yourself past the holiday and it'll happen.

So after reading the comments here I decided to tt a day and see what happens. Merengue did ping me immediately on the next day and she's been convinced by me to stay :) thank you guys so so much! <3

This happened to me when Flora became sick over the weekend and tried to give her medicine on Shamrock Day. The following day she was apparently cured since she was out of her house and no longer showing the black spirals around her.

Sorta figured villagers won't ping on holidays after no one pinged me at all throughout the day and even doing the diving trick.

Back