• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Camping experiences

MiniPocketWorld

🌺💦🏄💦🌺
Bells
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Flimsy Watering Can
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Violet
Purple Violet
Care to share some camping experiences you've had? It can be irl camping or tbt camp.

My first time real life camping was in girl scouts, it was super cold, like single digits F. It was windy at night and we were in tents with wooden floors. Many went home early.

Went hiking a long time ago, which I guess falls under the same category, and during the night a bear came through our camp. It didn't attack us though. It just took a dump and left, LMAO!

i went camping in a camper (not as cool as regular camping) and got stung by a wasp. otherwise we were camping right by one of the great lakes and it was beautiful.

I've only been camping a couple of times when I was at school and we had to do a trek/camp thing, while it was enjoyable doing it with friends we did have one day that had constant torrential rain which wasn't so fun

I've only gone camping once - it was a summer camp and I was 12. I remember one of my camp counselors was super obnoxious, and my cabin and bathroom were on a hill with large spiders (they looked like cellar spiders) everywhere. Needless to say, I did not enjoy it lol. However, I'm planning to go camping with friends in September and hope I'll enjoy it this time!

I've never been camping. But I've wanted to ever since I watched Yurucamp.

Did it once and never again, I hate not having internet (yes, I'm one of those people) and I think my two knees being injured (fell off a moving treadmill a few days before the trip, oops) really made my experience worse than what it could've been. Ngl I might try camping with my friends sometime in the future

I’ve never been camping (in exception to camp tbt lol). I would like to go some day just for the experience, but I’m also scared of the wilderness and I also hate bugs sooo…🤷🏻‍♀️ if I ever do go, we’ll see how that goes.

Outhouses aren't fun. Real outhouses, not those port a potties with blue cleaner. Instead they are a massive hole in the ground full of gross. You have like a wooden bench like thing to sit or squat over. I was always afraid of falling through but I've used them a few times. But the kids in the troop (girl scouts) would tease others about something biting them on the tush. Many had buddies to make sure they didn't fall through lol. Real friends right there. And boy did we appreciate real bathrooms when we got home or found a camp that had real bathrooms instead of those awful smelly outhouses.
I'm not so sure many places have outhouses now.

I've also gone camping with girl guides when I was a kid. The only thing I remember is the campground being infested with ear wigs, my mortal enemy.

I swear every time I’ve been camping (which is like 4 times) I got super sick. so I don’t camp anymore lol

went camping somewhere up north in Michigan when I was a kid and my legs got absolutely eaten up by mosquitos. There were literally clouds of mosquitos. It was insaaaaane

My parents took my siblings and I camping a few times when I was really young. I don’t remember much, but I do remember the sky at night. I was awestruck. There were so many stars. It was beautiful. I have yet to see something similar again.

I've never been camping, but I did have a camping-themed birthday party once when I was young, which was a lot of fun! ^^ We made s'mores around a campfire and I think that was pretty much all I wanted from the experience ahahah. I wouldn't mind actually trying to sleep in a tent at some point... just preferably not where there are mosquitos, spiders, or bears. Glamping might be more my thing, honestly.
Also during my time in the Girl Scouts (which was a wild ride, lemme tell you) I did have the opportunity to go "camping" in our troop leader's backyard, but decided to go home and just come back the next morning instead. I... don't think I really missed out on anything that time lol.

I do love camping, but the last time I went, I had to cut the trip short, because my boyfriend and I did not bring the proper sleeping bags for the camp site we chose, which was right on the edge of a lake.

I’ve been camping with friends and it’s been pretty fun (minus the toilet situation) but yeah we had a little fire & bbq and although it was kinda cold (springtime) we had lots of laughs and memories forever

S'mores were always fun in the evenings. In girl scouts we often had those or just marshmallows to toast and we had campfire songs we sang together. We also went on 1 hour hikes in the afternoons and had trail mix with M&M's in it.
One time we went to a camp that had canoes. That was fun, but I also had a friend who wasn't interested in rocking it or tipping it over. Other girls weren't as lucky.

Im not really a big fan 9f camping, I love being outdoors but not camping. I like day trips, and road trips but I prefer to sleep indoors rather then out doors.

Even in a trailer im super fond of. Ive never slept in a bin but that would work. I guess i would just prefer a building to sleep in.

I didn't really enjoy camping any of the times I did it as a kid, never got to see any cool animals either :(

Back