• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

but Korea??

GreenLeaf

Analog Crosser
Bells
New Horizons Token
Yellow Candy
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Winter Mittens
Silver Mailbox
I just realized that yes they added more Chinese and Japanese objects but nothing about Korea

in the game we have a cute hanbok and some dishes and now?

nothing... T_T

Last edited:
I'm with you! I'm sad about it :/ It seems like Korea is always overlooked in situations like these.

well I'm mainly interested in Japan
but Korea as a whole fashinates me so it's pretty obvius wishing for more items
at some point it seemed that Korea was gaining some pupularity because of k-pop and k-dramas
so I wished this would make things more easy to me a "koreanist" since middle school
but not ...anyway I can always play sims 2 there are more items even a hyeongeum ^^
at this point I hope a new animal crossing fills these gaps

Last edited:
Well I mean like most of the Chinese items are food related and Chinese food is pretty popular in Japan
Korean food doesn't rly seem that popular here tho since in general they can't seem to handle spicy food very well... all the Korean food I've had in Japan were weirdly sweet for some reason and not spicy at all... kinda gross tbh

And if not food items then idk what kind of items were you expecting? Just curious

Though Korea has had quite a few Korea related DLC in the past so who knows, maybe they'll release more in the future

Last edited:
And if not food items then idk what kind of items were you expecting? Just curious

Though Korea has had quite a few Korea related DLC in the past so who knows, maybe they'll release more in the future

well Korea is not just food of course and btw there was already a chinese themed furniture set in game there's no need for more
well I think about things like some musical instruments like the hyeongeum I cited or some wallpaper with Korean doors (that of course are different front japanese shoji panel that yes are similar but aren't same thing) or at least the male version of hanbok or some painting or the tipical candle holder with the butterfly...

in future I'm skeptical the items in the code for this update are already known and well I don't think will be a second update at this point ^^''

Last edited:
Unfortunately, Nintendo is not very popular in Korea, so I can see why they didn't add much new, since there are very few Korean ACNL players. :( China has always had a bigger influence in Japan than Korea as well.

well Korea is not just food of course and btw there was already a chinese themed furniture set in game there's no need for more
well I think about things like some musical instruments like the hyeongeum I cited or some wallpaper with Korean doors (that of course are different front japanese shoji panel that yes are similar but aren't same thing) or at least the male version of hanbok or some painting or the tipical candle holder with the butterfly...

in future I'm skeptical the items in the code for this update are already known and well I don't think will be a second update at this point ^^''

There's an extremely similar instrument in Japan, and both the Korean instrument and the Japanese one are derived from the Chinese guqin/guzheng and as most if not all traditional Korean/Japanese instruments are derived from Chinese ones I can't see them bothering to add an Korean one when they could prob add an extremely similar Japanese one.

I mean Chinas had a much larger influence on Japan than Korea historically too so that's prob why there's more Chinese looking items

yeah I had expected this after all I never heard of Korean releases or anything too specific about them by nintendo
well mine was just an example and well also the sanshin is derivative from china but is here ^^

Last edited:
yeah I had expected this after all I never heard of Korean releases or anything too specific about them by nintendo
well yeah mine was just an example and well also the sanshin is derivative from china but is there ^^

The sanshins from Okinawa.... and that's my point lol most Asian instruments are derived from china so I don't see why they'd add specifically a Korean one when there prob is a Japanese one that looks the same that they could add instead considering nintendos a Japanese company catering to a mainly Japanese fan base

but I agree with you sorry perhaps I was too aggressive ^^''
but wasn't my intention ^^
at this point I admit that ok the sims spoiled me in the sims I can have what I want thanks to modders and I'm a modder myself so ok just I wanted ac to be like sims and getting all also things similar to others ^^''
I'm sorry ^^''

Last edited:
Back