• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Bullies

As a kid and teen I got bullied a lot. I suppose I acted strange or something, but I was also top of the class most of the time, so kids disliked me. It was both physical and verbal, and they always did it after school time because that was when the teachers just went "well, it's not happening during school hours so it's not our responsibility".
In grade school the worst thing that happened to me was that when a kid decided to get into a physical fight with me, he kicked me square on the thumb and I couldn't move it for about 4 months. No lasting damages, so ultimately it wasn't that bad.
Once I got to high school, the bullying got much worse. I didn't know any of the kids there, so there was no history with them, but that didn't seem to matter anyway. I was beaten up almost daily, and as the first year progressed they started shoving me into traffic, in front of trams, cars, buses, and once even pushing me in front of a subway train. Throughout the next two years I had many days where I got beaten to a bloody mess, I had knives pulled on me, was thrown in traffic some more, and during days where teachers would cite their anti-bullying bull****, I would have bullies literally turn to me and say "don't think this makes any sort of difference".
Also I call the teachers' words bull****, because no matter how many times I went to them for help they never did anything. Two of the class mentors I had in those years even straight up told me that it was my own fault and they couldn't help me. In the third year I finally hit back and nearly choked out one of my bullies, and I was immediately called into a meeting with the mentor where he said that such behavior from students is unacceptable.
The year after that was when the bullying started affecting me greatly and my grades started failing because I couldn't concentrate anymore. Eventually I dropped out because just getting dressed to go to school in the morning stressed me the **** out. I didn't hear anything from the school anymore at that point, apart from a phone call at the end of the year where my mentor sarcastically asked me if I wanted to know whether or not I passed that year. I just hung up.

I thought I'd gotten over it, but when I was learning how to become a teacher for English, I ran into one of my old mentors at one of the schools I had to practice teaching. She was the first to say that the bullying was my own fault. Meeting her again didn't do much to me, I'd always expected that I could run into one of my old teachers. But she didn't even recognize me. She's one of the people carrying most of the responsibility for what I went through and I felt like she never even cared. That screwed me up more and I had to drop out of that course as well and seek psychological help. Now it's two and a half years later and I'm still just sitting home, trying to work on myself with my therapists.

It's the poll on whether I can be considered part of their "group" and participate in their group chat.
That's still very sucky. Why bother having you in the group anyway when they have to take a ****ing poll for it??? Like based on this it sounds like you're better without them.

That's still very sucky. Why bother having you in the group anyway when they have to take a ****ing poll for it??? Like based on this it sounds like you're better without them.

Yea exactly. I would leave but my best friend is there and she doesn't partake in the poll and also if I left I wouldn't have anywhere else to go.

I got bullied a lot during my early years of secondary school, I actually remember when some boys in my class used to call me ugly lmao. I can't believe I used to let it get to me. You may not feel this way now but one day you will wake up and suddenly realise how stupid those bullies are and that they're more pathetic for making fun of you. Bullies pick on you because they are insecure, and because they feel you are an easy target (eg: in your case, you have misophonia). The boys that used to call me ugly were just trying to show off and get classmates to approve of them, because they wanted to be like the "alpha males". It may seem kinda dumb but we were like 13/14 years old so... It's the honest truth. When I realised that, I noticed how they were always constantly trying to gain the approval of others, probably to boost their egos and confidence. But then I remembered how I never had to do anything like that. I was always very independent and individual, I didn't really care about gaining the approval of others, and a lot of people ended up admiring me for that, when we were older.

What grade are you in? Both examples sound like annoying teasing to me. They think they're being funny, but aren't.

9th

- - - Post Merge - - -

For the mesophonia, have you tried wearing headphones and listening to music to block out the irritating noises? I do it all the time when my mom starts to sing or drum (terribly) to the car radio.

I cant, my headphones and ipod are taken by my teacher everyday

I was bullied my entire time at high school and college. I hated high school and college and I'd never go back.

I'm also autistic, in 9th grade, however, I've embraced who I am and I LOVE school. (Probably b/c I'm not home arguing with my bros...)

But yeah. Just keep pushing through. And if that doesn't work....take up karate :)

Don't even get me started on bullying.From being picked up by a clique of 6th grader girls,to being called ugly and non human looking for having trichotillomania,to have rumors about me twice spread about me cheating on my exs in highchool,to cyber bullying.Been there.Sadly,it's making me lose faith in humanity.Just ignore the morons.Bullies try to bully others so they can feel better about them selves.

when i was in grade school there was a guy who liked to bully me a lot and i was very timid back then so i just kinda let him hit me and whatever. this continued for a year until i had enough of him and i lost my cool and started hitting him back and wounded him. i didnt stop until a teacher came to seperate us and the bully was already in blood (not so serious). best thing ive ever done tbh

Well, This story, is strangish Idk, lets get into it. I am frequently harassed by about 89% of the two classes of my grade, I work out and take Close Quarters Combat Training, I am mostly bullied due to my social anxiety. One of my friends is a small, weak guy without any martial arts or anything, but he has much power over people when I went to school and met him he gave me a chance when no one else did, of course everybody hated me except for him, t
When I was walking to our lockers I noticed he was getting pinned to a locker by another guy, I decided that this was not right and blocked my Friend from him, He looked at me up and down, and we exchanged words, long story short, he tried to punch me I grabbed his arm and flipped him onto the ground and made sure he didn't do anything to him again, this made me feel like a superhero or something, remember I have social anxiety so I cant interact with others so easy. Not many people know that I take CQC but the people who do know are smart enough to understand that im not weak. People still hate me, I a
still have my friend and I've learned to just accept what people say because I dont want to unleash on them. That was that.

I always find people about 2 years younger than me try to be mean to me.

And they call me "kid"

I'm older than you idiots.

In school I was bullied a whole hell of a lot. I've always been fat and a goth so those were always choice topics. There were rumors that I was a witch and this was before I became one, but since kids would tease me for it I would "curse" them and they'd all freak out. I had people send me anon messages in school telling me to kill myself and that nobody could ever love me etc etc. I even had an "acquaintance" who was a good friend of one of my good friends tell me he wished he wouldn't see me at school the next day and that he hoped I'd get hit by a car on my way home. I also had people tease me about my scars when I used to self harm. Kids can really be vicious and I think it's because they don't bother to think about the repercussions, and what it actually does to someone. I hope things get better for you and that people stop bullying you.

I was bullied for my weight, height, face, nose, eyes, boobs, practically everything about myself I was teased for, and my mental stability.
I dropped out of school after I tried to kill myself and my school phobias been so bad I haven't been able to go back to a school at all, I'm currently home schooled. Bullying ruined my chances of an education, or maybe I'm just a ****ing wuss.

The only time I was properly bullied was my first year in high school, I went to a different school to my friends which meant I was a bit of a loner that first year. Some guys who were 4 years older than me would follow me around making comments, they were vile.
After I'd left school I actually saw one working round the corner from me, an apprentice electrician apparently. S**t himself when he saw me speaking to the guy he worked for though. Bullies should get their little brains to think ahead a bit more, there's more to life than school. Similar thing with a girl I had problems with during my last year of school, she was pretty awful to me on social media for no reason then went to school the next day and stood in her gang laughing and talking about me. At the time we were doing final year exams, I'd missed a lot of school as my dad was terminally ill. Anyway, turns out she now works at the checkout in my local store. Her face when she had to serve me and I start chatting about 'old times'...

There will be a chance for you to put them in their place. Just bide your time
Although I probably wouldn't get too worked up over the thing at the bus stop. I don't especially like seeing couples all over each other and it's probably the same kind of thing I would have said for a joke when I was at school. But then only you know how it was said and if it was done maliciously

Last edited:
I was bullied for where I come from (Asian)... I don't know why they doing this... They always saying: "Do you eat dog ?", they call me "Jackie-Chan" or make funny of my natal language etc...

And now, I don't really care because I am used to. :rolleyes:

I was bullied, mainly because of my fashion sense and how I got piercings quite early, but I didn't take notice of it. I don't care and I still dress the way I did earlier on. It wasn't awful but there was this one kid that irritated me. He'd tease me, hit me and steal money but I didn't say anything as I was sweet and shy. However when I told him I disliked him he began to act much more friendly, sometimes he was still annoying though but I was able to avoid him most of the time although he ended up in a lot of my classes, even when we were taking our GCSEs.

I mean people take the piss out of me because I'm Asian and I act like I'm annoyed but tbh I don't actually care

They say **** like "did you eat dog last night?" "can I order some noodles?" "go back to your own country" "chink" "immigrant"

But like I'm not even Chinese so what LMAO

People also go on about how small and young I look
But I think they should actually be jealous like... I could be a 30 year old still looking 20 ya know :cool: :cool: :cool: I'm glad I don't look my age stfu haha

But overall I don't get bullied and I never have been

Last edited:
Back