• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

I'm quitting ACNH (longest post ever)

OP, the last good deed you can do to the community and also yourself is donate all your bells and stuff. Then sell the game or uninstall it. This will ensure you will not play the game anymore and go through the same experience. Or just donate/sell your Switch. It is no good and useless to keep it any longer with you. The best way to quit 100% is to get rid of everything. But keep your 3DS and New Leaf. They will accompany you as long as you want. Good luck in your future endeavors.

Eh,sometimes it happens.It's like when you have a favorite band or singer and you've loved all of their albums but then they release one that you just can't get into.Video game series are like that too.I used to love the Halo series until I played Halo 4.I finished that game and never went back to replay it like I had done with every other Halo game because it just wasn't as much fun to play.Maybe New Horizons is the OP's Halo 4.

To be honest, I don't think this game is supposed to be played as much as you were playing it. For instance, on average you have been playing at least 8hrs a day (since the game was released 45 days ago and you have at least over 360 hrs in so 360/24 = 8hrs). Even then, those calculations are based on you at least playing every day for 8hrs since release meaning if you skip a day, the hours you play on average go up.

Yes, the game is incomplete but in terms of events, unless you were time travel in NL to play events, then there wasn't as much to do on a daily basis. I feel like there is more to do on a daily basis compared to the previous title? The game will eventually have more content in the future and yes, I understand the wait is terrible but this game is based on patience and waiting real-time for content. I'm happy they are blocking actual events in real-time. I also feel underwhelm by the events but judging by animal crossing development team response to other feedback, they are listening.

In terms of villagers, their dialogue is repetitive but it has always been repetitive. I personally would not like to play a relaxing game and be insulted by villagers. However, I have seen examples of villagers talking to each other and insulting each other. Of course, it's usually sarcastic but it's actual insults towards not me but to another villager. I have also seen villagers get angry based on other conversations and me having to calm them done. Overall, the dialogue is much better compared to previous games, and saying they don't insult you is sort of wrong? I mean, they do get mad when you hit them/push them. If you truly want to improve dialogue, get rid of dreamies. I don't have any dreamies and I let my villagers leave so I can get new ones and hear more dialogues. OFC, who knows who you'll get next,,,

This game obviously takes more resources to work on (since NL was 1000 blocks or a GB while NH is more than 6GB) so it would take more time to work on compared to previous games. I would rather wait for them to work on everything and polish it up then release it rushed and have not as much content for an event.

The details in this game are amazing...
Post automatically merged:

I also had to reset the game because I TT to get everything and I realized this was getting boring. So, I reset my town and have been playing a few hours every day for the last 2-3 weeks. I still have tons of work to do terraforming but it's soo cool so far and I haven't gotten as bored since I TT'd.

I pretty much grew up playing online games like MMOs so I'm used to games getting more content as time goes on. I feel like a lot of people here aren't too familiar with that though? I know everyone's fond of New Leaf but New Horizons is a next gen game, they're going to be doing things differently. Gradual online updates are pretty common in games nowadays.

I like when games start off with very little then get more and more content over time. It gives me a reason to keep playing and to look forward to future updates. I have so many fond memories of games I played when I was younger getting huge content updates and it was SO fun and exciting, I'd stay up all night waiting for updates to go live. It's such a great feeling when it actually hits and I feel like I can experience that again with New Horizons' future updates.

You can always go back and play older games like New Leaf if you don't like NH. I just personally think it's too early to be full on quitting..?
Especially with quarantine it's super easy to burn yourself out on games, which is why I've been trying to play multiple games and not just one all day. I thought I played obsessively but even I don't usually play 8 hours a day.

I think NH is a great game so far, but it definitely has it's issues. The worst part of it for me is the glitches that have been plagueing the game since day one.
I'd recommend taking a break then coming back during the next big content update, but that's all up to you. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Last edited:
well, i'm worried that we'd need new shops because i simply do not have enough room thanks to isabelle's ridiculous demands. unless they decide to put kicks in able sisters, or at least bunk off the shops to a separate island to go to for free (lets call it the shopping isle LOL), that'll be perfect. it was better in new leaf where the main street had the shops and only brewsters were the one shop on the town. Here's an idea, how about brewster sets up his shop in the museum, since he is excellent mates with blathers

i heard references of brewster coming, i also heard references to joan coming back (or maybe tortimer's wife)

I want diving back and island medals and phineas

and i want katie to be in my island permanently.

and i wish i could scan luke triton's shirt from the 3ds but the nooklink app is not recognising the pattern.

there is lot of improvement needs to be done, and the only reason why i'm still playing is because i'm helping out newbies or people on fb or on this forum

when they've finished the actual game, i will continue it fully

I feel you, OP.

My BIGGEST complaint is the lackluster dialogue...It pains me that the dialogue got soooo watered down. I miss the meanness some villagers had. I miss declining their request and seeing them huff and puff with anger, lol. Talking back and forth to two matching personalities is such a shame when they say the same thing. I got Beardo and Klaus repeating each other all the time - YAWN!!!!!!! They are like the same villager at this point.
But the dialogue has been declining since the 2nd AC release, so I'm not surprised that it got this bad.

Compared to all the other games though, being able to decorate the outdoors with furniture and terraforming is amazing and sells the whole game for me. I tried to play WW this past weekend and kept trying to place furni outside o_O

Just my two bells!!!!!!

I would suggest a break too! I think the game has so much potional to become better and better through updates, and i have a feeling they are gonna add old features beside brand new ones. Lets wait and see how the game changes in the next months. Try playing other games or do other things for the time being.

Please dont take this as me trying to dismiss your opinion as i do agree with some of your points.

I agree with you on a lot of your points. I'm not very picky about animal crossing, I just love the series as a whole and I've been very happy just to be playing the new game, so I can't say I'm feeling the same fatigue yet. But I can definitely see how all of those things could ruin someone's enjoyment of the game.

I understand your frustrations. I was frustrated at the beginning of New Horizons as well.

But these days, it seems like video games as a whole are released in a different way now. Big updates as part of DLC, for years, seems to be the new norm. I wouldn't call NH a failure because they want to try it this way. The game seems a little barren right now, yeah for sure, but there are so many things that have been datamined, with great characters, buildings, features coming back. It's kinda cool that they're NOT in the game yet, because if they were 1) I would probably already have them all and therefore 2) I would have nothing to look forward to!
Heck, they're apparently still updating Pocket Camp. And many years in to New Leaf, they came out with a huge update, introducing new villagers and MEOW tickets and probably more things I can't think of right now. I think this is indicative of how long Nintendo plans to keep New Horzions fresh with new, interesting updates.

I'm not surprised that you really didn't like the Easter event, I know you said you didn't expect it to be like your idea at all but I know if I had come up with an entire 3D model of an idea I had for the game, I would be disappointed no matter what the event turned out to be.

I will agree, 100%, the dialog in New Horizons needs so much work. I haven't played any AC games before New Leaf, but I have seen screenshots of villagers being shockingly mean, and I really wish Nintendo hadn't ditched that. I think they're afraid of upsetting people. Especially since Resetti was made to be optional in NL.

All in all I don't think you should quit New Horizons completely. I think you should take a break, see where the game goes in a year.

You make a lot of good points like how moving flowers around is a pain (though it is more convenient if you think on how it makes it harder for thieves to steal them), how most events are not as grand as announced, how mystery islands are very bare-bones and how this game is mostly incomplete. I also like your Bunny Day idea a lot better.

Still (maybe because I haven't completed my island yet) I'm really enjoying New Horizons at the moment. I'm fairly new to starting my file, so my opinion on this game is probably not as valid or concrete.

Personally I like the music more than NL, but if someone else doesn't like it, it shouldn't be viewed as hate, so much as different tastes, I think, and criticizing a game shouldn't automatically categorize you as hater or negative nancy either. You can be a fan of anything and still criticize it for it's flaws, since nothing is perfect. But that's just my opinion.

I didn't read all the topics here, but I did read the OP's post.

Yeah a break is great and all and should be tried before quitting, but let's not kid ourselves guys. This game was released barebone. The beginning was scripted and dragged on too much, a lot of features were removed (and may be added later) other things were changed when they weren't broken (unnecessary dialogue to just buy one letter to mail to someone) so far we had two events Bunny day that was lackluster and went on for a week when one day could suffice, and a grindy fishing tourney that is just a reskinned tour from CT.

Even I'm growing bored of it. There's not a real multiplayer. At least not yet. You can visit your friends island to see their setup, but that's it. Villagers don't ping for requests, visits, and treasure hunt replaced hide and seek. I would prefer hide and seek. It actually looks like the villagers are interacting/playing and it's not just some random X marks the spot.

Its like Botw all over again where they poured their heart into the open world, but neglected so much to do so.

I didn't read all the topics here, but I did read the OP's post.

Yeah a break is great and all and should be tried before quitting, but let's not kid ourselves guys. This game was released barebone. The beginning was scripted and dragged on too much, a lot of features were removed (and may be added later) other things were changed when they weren't broken (unnecessary dialogue to just buy one letter to mail to someone) so far we had two events Bunny day that was lackluster and went on for a week when one day could suffice, and a grindy fishing tourney that is just a reskinned tour from CT.

Even I'm growing bored of it. There's not a real multiplayer. At least not yet. You can visit your friends island to see their setup, but that's it. Villagers don't ping for requests, visits, and treasure hunt replaced hide and seek. I would prefer hide and seek. It actually looks like the villagers are interacting/playing and it's not just some random X marks the spot.

Its like Botw all over again where they poured their heart into the open world, but neglected so much to do so.

I mean, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Why do you say it was released barebone? They've added so many distinct and defining (and dare say, game changing) features to this entry. That the game started out with a pace and a "progression" system, doesn't indicate it's lacking. I was actually pretty amused by the fact we'd have a sort of "story" in an AC for the first time, and enjoyed the progression (to be able to compare my original deserted island to what it is now, is amazing). Features included in AC games change throughout each release. They've gone back to include plenty of features thought lost. And yeah, we're missing features from previous games - as do all - but I find most criticisms point to features missing from NL (which is why I find odd why people just not say that, instead). As you said, it's already been hinted that they'll include them at some point (perhaps not all, but certainly some of the previous features).

As for your take on multiplayer, tbh, AC multiplayer has - generally - always been like that. NL was the only exception when it came to multiplayer. I'm certainly not opposed to more multiplayer features, but it's not unlike Animal Crossing to have a multiplayer like this.

As for interactions, I do agree I miss hide and seek and visiting villagers. It's something I hope they bring back. But villagers do ping you for requests.

This will be a long post. Sorry in advice for my bad english.
I really feel strange since ACNH was released and today I'm really starting to think to stop playing ACNH, so I need to write what I think so I can understand if I'm the only one feeling this way.

I became fan of Animal Crossing when New Leaf came out. I fell in love with it and I started to play lots of hours with it. My love for AC was growing a lot and I shortly became obsessed with it. After some time, they announced HHD and Amiibo Festival games.
Even if Amiibo Festival was a bit delusional, I used to enjoy it because it was on a new console, it had lots of different things compared to NL (different map layout, had graphics, references to works and so on...)
Same thing for HHD: After designing the entire plaza, I started to feel bored about the game, but at the same time I was loving the game because it introduced ton of new things: furniture outside, a giant plaza with tons of customizable shops, a lot of interaction with special villagers, villager interacting with stuff, villager making different things based on where they were located etc... And it was a great way to learn new stuff about special villagers.

Even if HHD and Amiibo Festival weren't good enough to replace New Leaf, I never get bored playing New Leaf. I used to have 2 copies of the game and after the update came out, I bought another one and started a new city.

After some years, I started to dream about the new game and it became an obsession. I used to analyze HHD and Amiibo Festival to speculate on how the new game could be. I even started to bring Animal Crossing content on my channel, where I used to talk about AC origins, trivia about special characters, speculations and things like that.
Since the new game was taking so long, I decided to search for all the missing games and try them. I couldn't define myself as a big AC fan without trying all the games.

I started with Wild World. I really some things about the game and I was really surprised about some features removed like talking about blood donation or talking about donating to a poor city, or the dump, but I was having difficulties with commands. I really hated every time to need to change between touch and buttons (in New Leaf you can make both things with any problem, while in Wild World, if you are on touch mode and you press a button, it activates button mode and you need to press that button again to make it work...). This made me quit the game shortly and after that, I tried City Folk.
I really loved that game! Even this time I was really hating the commands...Using the Wii remote pointer to make some action was really stressful, but the game was really fun to me and I loved it! I know some people hate this chapter because they say it's a carbon copy of Wild World, but I enjoyed the fact that it was introducing a plaza with lots of shops. And Serena... gosh, I loved her! She was so funny and unpredictable! But commands brought me to quit the game after some weeks, because I was finding really difficult to play it.
Before I move on, I'd like to say that even if I had difficulties with commands, I really loved both games!

After some months I finally was able to buy Animal Crossing for Gamecube.
Gosh, I can't believe how much this chapter surprised me! It was more than 15 years old and you could see that for lots of things, but the game was so full of things that all the convenient features missing were not penalizing the game. I used to play it with a broken gamestop Gamecube controller and I had drifting problems, buttons not working but gosh, I never got bored about that game! It was really fun to see villagers interact and every mean dialogue was even funnier! I loved little events like morning routine and the tropical island with the special islander... Gosh, so cool!
I managed to pay the entire house loan and get the golden axe from Farley...
If I think about my favourite Animal Crossing, I can't decide if I love more New Leaf or the first Animal Crossing, but I think I would choose the original one.

And now there's New Horizons. I wasn't 100% convinced about this chapter because of the new mechanics, but I thought "Nintendo always did a great job, so I'm sure this chapter will be epic". But it wasn't like I thought.
From the start, I felt like something was different and of the most important things about the standard Ac games was missing: feel relaxed.

Since the first day of playing, I have a constant feel of anxiety and even game's music isn't helping for this. Some times I really wish I could be able to turn the music off and just play enjoying nature sounds. I was a big fan on Animal Crossing soundtrack and I used to use it as ringtones too.
Sometimes I used to play New Leaf songs to relaxing while studying or working at the computer, but now I sometimes prefer to completely mute the game and play it without sounds, instead of listen to the music.

But this is not all:
-This game is incomplete. New Leaf introduced lots of new things (like diving,Tortimer's island, Dream Suite...) and all these things are now removed from the game. Why? I know some people will answer "they are planning to add them with updates", but why? It took 7 years to release the game, so why they are releasing it incomplete and adding things slowly?
Aya Kyogoku said that this game was made to be played at least for one year and I was like "gosh, if she said this, is because New Leaf wasn't expected to last this long, but I played it for more than 4 years, so how much will last New Horizons for me?".
But now I'm here, after one month and I already want to quit the game, because now I know that saying the game was expecting to last one year, she was meaning that they were cutting all the features from the previous games and adding them who knows when.
This is not my idea of making a game last longer, to be honest.
This is the first thing that really started to making me feel really bad while playing the game and now that one month is past, things are getting worst.

Gosh I'm writing so much and I still need to say a lot, so I think I'll proceed with points:
- Events: Easter events was a big delusion. Nintendo's twitter accounts were promoting this event like it would have been epic. Before NH was even announced, I used to make videos on my channel about ideas I had for events. For example, I imagined this:
Before easter day, you received a letter from Zipper T. Bunny and attached to the letter, there's a ticket. You bring that ticket to Porter (who will wait for you with an hot air balloon in the plaza) and he will bring you to the Easter Island. This is a special island you can only visit on easter day and it's full of themed houses and decorations... Your goal is to help Zipper T bunny to find all the eggs hidden on the island and bring them to him. You will get themed furnitures based on how many eggs you bring to him. But that's not all! Some special villagers lives on this island and if you help them with some side quests, you can convince them to come to live to your town!
This is a 3d model I found on the web that I used in my video to present my idea for easter day event (I used tons of other images to present the idea, but this is not the topic of this post):
View attachment 252795
Now... I wasn't expecting a big isle like this, or a bigger event like. the one I talked about, but I was expecting something new for sure.
Easter event started before easter and after 3 days I already finished all the diy recipes. And when easter day came,Zipper T Bunny justsaid "oh cool you got everything, here are new diy recipes! And after literally 15 minutes,the bunny event was already over.
But the Earth Day was announced and it was the biggest disappointment ever.
This was where I decided to stop following Nintendo's twitter accounts, becausethey promoted this event again like it was this big event, when the only special thing about this event was Nook Miles missions.
Leif was introduced with the update, but since he will be available even after the event, it doesn't make him part of it, so this event is literally based only on one nook miles mission each day.
- Multiplayer/Online save. Playing with other players was lot of fun in New Leaf. You could go to Tortimer island and play lots of funny minigames or collect fish,bugs or dive together to collect fish creatures. Now all of this stuff is disappeared and the only thing you can do is run around the isle collecting fruit, fishes or bugs. you can craft materials, but if one player gets the material from a tree, the other can't, so it's pretty pointless... But the worst thing is: while you are playing with somebody, you need to pray for connection to don't stop, because you can't save in this game. It's 2020, now you pay to play online but surprise, you can't save and you need to leave/go back to the isle every 5 minutes if you don't want to lose everything.
I'll not mention the fact that this game was designed to force you to play with other players (for example, you can't get different fruits from your native and sister one, if you don't get them from other players).
- Lack of buildings. New Leaf had 14 different buildings (if you don't count the photographic stand and if you count Gracie Grace and Leif has separate shops) and Happy Home Designer had like 10 different buildings and you could even customize them outside and inside!(happy home designer example of SOME of the customizations for just one building:
View attachment 252797View attachment 252798View attachment 252799View attachment 252800
View attachment 252801View attachment 252803
So ok, you don't want to release the shops at the beginning, but at least give me the opportunity to make my own buildings, since it was possible in a spin-off game!

- Mystery island. Advertised like cool mystery island where you can find villagers you can invite in your town... SO COOL! turns out that they are just a bunch of pre-existing island and after you have all plots full in your island, you will not see new villagers on mystery isles. And when you finally have an empty space, you have one day to find a villager on mystery islands, or random villager will take the empty space.

- Villagers. While NH introduced new things regardin villagers (compared to New Leaf - since Happy Home Designer already had most of these things), I feel like it's not enough. At the question "will you introduce new personalities"? Aya and Hisashi answered, "we will not add new personalities because we will work to make the existing ones better".
Ok, I'm fine with this. But I feel like it turned out to be the same thing as gamefreak did with pokemon. Villagers always repeats the same things and if you get 2 villagers of the same personality it even gets worst (NH has 8 different kinds of personalities, but you have space for 10 villager in the game, so you are forced to get double). I had Hamphrey and Dobie together in Hamphrey's house and while I was talking alternately to both, they were repeating the exact same dialogues.
Snooty villagers are now the sweetest personality of the game. They are always like "honey you are so cute!" "honey thanks for this" "honey you are the best of the world".
New Leaf lost lots of naughtiness, but now it is totally disappeared.
The meanest dialogue I got was from an uchi villager that said: "you keep coming here but you don't say anything concrete".
Another problem here is that villagers don't ask favors anymore... I used to get 3-4 requests each day in New Leaf, but now I can barely get one every 2 days.

- Designs. You pay to unlock the opportunity to download other's design, but you have only 50 slots available. You could think that it is cool compared to New Leaf who only had 10 (or 12, I don't remember). that's true, but in New Leaf you were able to create other characters to have other slots available. Happy Home Designer gave to the player 120 slots. And in New Horizons you need to share your 50 slots with ALL the players. So if you divide them, you get about 6 slots for each player... It's like half of the slots available in New Leaf. And the funny thing is that now you pay to unlock other players designs.

- Annoying things to do. Some things are really boring. Moving flowers in New Leaf was so good, but now it is a nightmare. You need to shovel every single flower, your shovel breaks so you need to go to make a new one and repeat this every 5 minutes if you have lots of lowers. And let's not talk about creating repeated items. I see some people paying other players nook miles ticket to make stuck of fish baits.

Today I played the game and I found myself running through the island without knowing what to do. After one month, my island is almost complete.
I have some free zones and I really don't know what to do with them, because I would like to make some commercial zones, but:
- Timmy and Tommy have only 4-5 items available each day (and there are no more upgrades available for now) and it seems like they are always the same. I should start stalking other players to ask them every day what they are selling in their isle, but I'm not that kind of person.
- If you create some stands with the diy recipe, you can't put "raw" items on them, or Isabelle will lower your island rating.
- I already reached the 8 ramps limit.

So I'm stuck here. I'm at 360+ hours of gameplay (I think that half of them running randomly without knowing what to do) and now I only play the game to talk to the villagers and collect materials and fossils (you can do this in half an hour) and then I already don't know what to do.
This is the first time that this is happening for me. Even the original AC made me play for lots of hours each day and in New Leaf I used to play

I still feel like I didn't explain well how bad I'm feeling. I hope you will not take this post as a hateful post because it isn't.
I'm just a big big fan of Animal Crossing who is feeling sad and deluded because he feels like New horizons is not like other Animal Crossing games anymore.
I waited for this game so much, I wasn't able to really enjoy other games during this years because could only think about this game and now that I have, I already want to quit it. It's really depressing.

Probably no one will read this poem, but I needed to write this somewhere, even if after all of this, I still feel bad...

EDIT: Just want to add one thing: I think that the biggest problem for me is that the game is incomplete for now, compared to New Leaf. Ok, maybe they'll update it adding the missing stuff, but this thing is making me more anxious, since I don't see why I need to work on my isle now if they will add things in the future and I will need to completely change my island to fit the new stuff.

EDIT 2: I'm having some difficulties to reply to everyone... I was not expecting this post to get so much attention. I saw there's a recurrent answer and I feel like it's better to answer here.
Lots of people are using quarantine to "justify" the fact that I can't enjoy NH anymore. That's not true.

I now leave in my own house and I have lots of things to do even if I'm quarantined, but when NL came out, I used to be home 24hours a day because I didn't go to school nor to work. So I used to play to NL even more than how much I play NH now.
So the quarantine is not the problem. The problem is that this game is incomplete (for now) compared to NL.
New Leaf had a lot to offer: just think about the good multiplayer were you were able to make lots of things without losing the progress, or the island with lots of minigames, or Harriet, were you could go to make receive a random and unexpected haircut, or diving, collecting bugs/fishes with friends... Some of the multiplayer things are available in NH too, but since you can't save during online multiplayer, it is like they are not existing.
So it's not a problem of how many hours I played NH, because I played NL even more and never got bored.

Firstly don't apologize for your English. You sound like Starfire from Teen Titans and I love it.

Secondly, I think you've made yourself sick of Animal Crossing. You've thought so long and so hard about it that it can no longer live up to your memories or your expectations.

Many people my age were in the same boat with Star Wars Ep1. Looking back on it it's actually the best of the prequels but after 15 years of hypothesizing, speculating and worship, there was no WAY any movie could have lived up to the hype.

While this kind of effect happens often with film it's now starting to happen all the time with video games because the production times are getting longer and longer which gives us more time to pick apart everything about the previous titles to the point that the next game won't be able to live up to expectations.

I've seen it with NH just like I saw it with BotW when it came out. Too much time for us Zelda fanboys to sit around and hype the game up in our own minds ruined it for many.

Take my advice and step away from AC for a few months. Then come back with fresh eyes so you can better appreciate it for what it is rather than feeling let down for it not being what you had hoped for.

I read your whole post and I agree with it. I’ve played the original one for GameCube and feel like that game is better than this one. Like it’s 2020 and the game is so empty and feels boring to me. I feel like I wasted $60 on this for so little content. The events aren’t even exciting either, I did the May Day tour and I was like what is this? Nook said it was supposed to be something relaxing for all your hard work but it was just a hard maze that I had to restart 3 times only to have rover give me a briefcase. Very boring. I’m not playing it everyday like I was in the beginning because there’s barely anything to do.
Pardon me, but I have to question what you expected from a minor holiday like May Day? These kinds of mini-holidays have existed in most games in the series, such as the original game's Sports Fair or New Leaf's Explorer's Day.. They're just cute little diversions with commemorative items to spice up the day-to-day, and May Day actually had something to do besides "talk to Tortimer/Isabelle, receive item". I don't understand how anyone can criticize NH for content while simultaneously bringing up the original game which had fewer actual activities and the same kinds of events.

Pardon me, but I have to question what you expected from a minor holiday like May Day? These kinds of mini-holidays have existed in most games in the series, such as the original game's Sports Fair or New Leaf's Explorer's Day.. They're just cute little diversions with commemorative items to spice up the day-to-day, and May Day actually had something to do besides "talk to Tortimer/Isabelle, receive item". I don't understand how anyone can criticize NH for content while simultaneously bringing up the original game which had fewer actual activities and the same kinds of events.
I have to agree that while I wish there were more May Day events, I had fun with May Day. It was a small game to break up daily tasks, kind of like the island in NL was. I hope they have more small events like this.

I agree on this becausei f it was going to be a huge event like bunny day i'd get so overwhelmed, it's too much. so i'm glad it was just a thing where we got to see leif and get extra miles

I completely agree with everything you're saying and I'm so glad you put it into words. They took out a lot of stuff they won't be able to put back in as well, like Dr. Shrunk (now the villagers give us reactions), Copper / Booker (the lost and found is in the town hall building) and Harriet (we can do our own hair now). And don't even get me started on how upset I am about Resetti. Yeah, okay, they still gave him a job, but it's close to useless and we don't even get to see his face, and he is my favorite NPC. People are saying Tortimer's dead, and as much as I love Flick and CJ, I'm going to miss Nat and Chip. Daisy-Mae, a bit of an unpopular opinion, is annoying and kinda gross. Joan will be missed as well. And what was the point of adding things in NL, such as the dream suite, Re-Tail, and the new cool special fruits if they were just going to take them back out in the next game? There have been some rumors going around that the dream suite is coming back, and I know Reese and Cyrus are making a return, but for what? One small event? And Rover? Is this all we get to see of him? Porter? Kapp'n? Blanca was missing on April Fools day too. I just hope with future updates some of these characters will make a permanent return. I have such a deep emotional connection to a lot of these characters from playing since the gamecube, and I know I mention that a lot, but it's true. The happiness and nostalgia that animal crossing brings me is such a huge part in why I still love and play the games. New Leaf was amazing, and I feel like they downgraded with NH, especially with how much Nintendo hyped this up. Idk, these are just my opinions. They took a lot of things out that I am going to miss significantly. I am still going to play it, just because of the upcoming updates, and we'll see what happens when the one year mark rolls around. I do get the feeling of extra added anxiety and stress this game brings compared to all of the past versions, as well as the feeling like your island's already complete. I too am finding myself running around my island unsure of what to do because I feel like I've done everything lmao

but don't get me wrong, I will always love animal crossing and everything that's a part of it.

I don’t know what I expected, in the trailer it just seemed like something else. And the sports fair thing in the GameCube one was cute and I liked that one. I wasn’t comparing the events of this game and the GC one. I just never played new leaf or any of the newer games besides the original so I don’t know how new leaf was. I’m going by my experience of playing this game that it feels empty.

Back