• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

BIG compiled list of (new!) features in the game!

EpicMeli

Bells
Small Mailbox
Pear (Fruit)
User Title Color Change
I've compiled a list of all new features we get in this game. Found from videos and tumblr.

Please feel free to tell me to add to the post if there are things I've missed!

It'd also be cool if someone made a post about all the new items we have seen!

• Lottie, the pink new character, and Lyle's Niece.
  • She is also on the loading screens now.
  • There are two levels, upper and lower segments, of the main street!
  • Your HHA outfit is able to be accessorized (but not changed from red, I think).
  • You change outfit according to where you are (in school and so on).
  • Villagers now carry shopping bags in stores.
  • Amiibo cards aren't needed, but if you want a NPC character in game, you only get them via the cards.
  • To make a party in someones house, tap amiibo (up to 4, I think) cards to make characters appear.
  • Interior and exterior and gardens can be decorated.
  • Items can now be placed closer together.
  • The player will 'scoot' through narrows pathways.
  • Characters skin colour can be picked (implied as you can't(?) get a sun tan in this game).
  • As well as KK music, you can make the house play general music such as wave sounds.
  • Furniture can be selected, duplicated, dragged and dropped in the bottom screen.
  • New environments such as desert and mountains and islands on the main map.
  • Houses can be placed on 'cliffs' (raised areas of land).
  • House lots can be placed on rivers and bridges, too.
  • Rugs come in 3 sizes of small, medium and large.
  • New furniture and such is unlocked as you complete each house.
  • You can go back to older houses and alter them!
  • Houses progressively get larger throughout the game.
  • Characters can come with furniture already for you to place for them.
  • There are now items that can hang from the ceiling like chandeliers, etc.
  • 'Indoor' items can be placed outside.
  • You can upload your house designs online.
  • You can pick up characters that are in the house and move them around.
  • Characters will ask you to come back and alter their house.
  • When you exit a house there's a loading screen of your car and you appear back at Main Street.
  • Characters all have their own circular icon that shows where they are in a building on the bottom screen.
  • To save, you talk to Lottie to write up a daily report.
  • There are doors inside now!
  • Windows can have curtains/blinds.
  • Regular villagers can have jobs now (such as waitress etc).
  • You, and characters, can sit at tables now.

New buildings:
  • Hospital (waiting room, examination room and ward)
  • Hotel (Lobby and rooms)
  • Restaurant
  • Department store
  • Concert Hall
  • General (make what you want!) shops (you can also choose the exterior of these)

Last edited:
Thanks for doing this list.. I'm very excited for this game .

damn gimme some of that dessert environment!!!!

Because in my front garden I have grass in my back garden is a dessert and behind that is treacherous snowy forest which is boiling hot

ok i know i originally said both spinoffs were going to suck, but im actually getting kind of excited now! thanks for the list!

im actually so excited that indoor items can be placed outside - can u imagine how awesome the main game would be if u could do that??
also!!!! skin tone can be chosen???? sign me up holy damn son sounds like nintendos been listening after all!

I really like the new environments and how you can place furniture items outside. and the furniture that can hang from the ceiling is a really cool addition.

Thanks for the compilation! Definitely useful for people who don't want to sit through the 20 minutes of gameplay or just want to keep the appeal to themselves.
I think I'm definitely getting this game knowing that the game will be bundled with the adapter. It doesn't seem like Nintendo will confirm the newDS anytime soon though :/

Thanks for the list! I wasn't all that thrilled for this game at first, but it's starting to sound like it might actually be really fun.

I took the time to make this list and you just have to point out a spelling mistake? :/

I know you said it's a spelling mistake, but am I the only that thinks a dessert environment would look really well with the sweets home exterior, not to mention if someone wanted to make a fairy tale themed town that a dessert environment would be perfect.

Last edited:
Wait, so... NO WANDERING???? 0.8/10, not enough village :(

In the Treehouse footage, there was wandering around what seemed to be the "main hub" of the game. Overall I don't know if you could wander through the ENTIRE village.

really nice list!! :D thanks for summarizing them all up <3

and we can also put item on the center of the table!!! no more awkwardness ;)

Cheers for the list.
I probably could live without the NPCs tbh, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to try one pack and see if I can get Leif or KK Slider.

is there a qr machine in the game?
online compability..? i guess if you cant walk around your own town, besides the city center, there isnt much point visiting other peoples towns but dunno
is there a better way to add best friends that doesnt include exchanging 3ds friend codes.
there's no island or other minigames right?
is there compability with new leaf.. like transferring villagers and designs or stuff?

some things i've been wondering

i like the idea that you get builduings to design your caf?, restaurant, school, doctors office, etc and you dont have to put all that in your house anymore.. since lots of people do that in new leaf

Last edited:
is there a qr machine in the game?
online compability..? i guess if you cant walk around your own town, besides the city center, there isnt much point visiting other peoples towns but dunno
is there a better way to add best friends that doesnt include exchanging 3ds friend codes.
there's no island or other minigames right?
is there compability with new leaf.. like transferring villagers and designs or stuff?

some things i've been wondering

Some people think they've spotted a sewing/qr machine in Nook's main office.
Don't think you an visit other's towns. But you can upload your creations online to share.
Dunno.
Probably not.
Also probably not.

that'd be dissappointing, but maybe we get more infos soon..

It's not meant to be a 'look after your village!' animal crossing game. It's more about the creativity of decorating and not collecting/playing mini games, i'm afraid.

Actually I believe the 9min translated video said that rugs/carpets can be any size, you can drag to resize on the touch screen.

Also it appears that you can place the house plot anywhere you want.

There are also new food items in the game that villagers can interact with.

Furniture can also be grouped and dragged (not sure if you meant that by "selected, dragged and dropped").

Possibly some kind of new screenshot functionality? - Nevermind, I was talking about the function seen in this image (http://animalcrossingworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/happy-home-designer-june16-14-250x270.png) but it turned out just to be Happy Home Network.

It also seems that villagers can wear accessories now, like Marshall with the black hat (in the Treehouse video).'

Lastly there are no chores in this game at all.

Last edited:
Back