• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Best Villager of Each Personality

Normal- Merengue
Lazy- Zucker
Smug- Rodney
Jock- Rudy
Cranky- Hamphrey
Snooty- Francine
Peppy- Bangle
Uchi- Muffy

Normal - Coco or Merengue, I can't really choose.

Uchi- Muffy

Peppy- Ruby

Snooty- Francine

Smug- Julian

Lazy- Elmer (he's an old friend from my GC game. :3)

Jock- Kid Cat

Cranky- Wolfgang

Normal - Chevre
Lazy - Stitches
Uchi - Muffy
Cranky - Fang
Peppy - Peanut
Jock - Bam
Snooty - Ankha
Smug - Klaus

Last edited:
My Selections…

I try not to base my selections on just personal tastes but with reflecting on some experiences with the villagers who I think best live up to their personality categories. As one who has encountered all the villagers (the most, due to building and developing my second town, ACNLpics, were brief), I have some selections that don't necessarily rank very high with the demand of those seeking particular Dreamies. But, they are very good.?

? CRANKY: Walt. I appreciate the likes of the dog Butch, the wolf Fang, the octopus Octavian, and the cat Tom. But, Walt is a quintessential Cranky. This kangaroo comes across as an old, no-nonsense, been-there/done-that character. After a while, his bark doesn't have much bite. That's because Crankies, who start off with testing the humans for their trustworthiness, eventually embrace those who give them enough attention. And give them respect. Walt is a big-hearted and underappreciated gem. He was the one I most regretted having given up (from my original town Applewin, in which he was a starting villager).

? SNOOTY: Diana. This is between this luminous deer and the chicken Broffina. What I love about Broffina is her brassy and comical demeanor. She is a genuine Snooty. But I give it to Diana more because she is the essence of Snooty that goes even deeper?including her choice of d?cor. She has fabulous taste. Diana is a snob. An approachable snob. And I think "Animal Crossing: New Leaf" did her justice.

? LAZY: Stitches. This bear cub is my pick for the best animal villager in all of "Animal Crossing." It's not just my personal taste. He has a timeless design to his physical appearance. His demeanor is of one of innocence, boyish charm. This game has lots of bears?they are cubs, bears, and koalas. But I think Stitches is the one who stands out the most for our attention and love. His kid-friendly exterior and interior makes for a wonderful house design. (I don't want to disturb his place in "Happy Home Designer"!) And the conversations with him, about his interests, totally live up to the Lazy personality category. This is a great character!

? NORMAL: Molly. When I think of Normals, I think of relatable, down-to-earth females who are sincere and lovely characters. To me, the contest in deciding the best of the eight "Animal Crossing: New Leaf" villager personality categories are won by the Normals. This kind and good-hearted duck wins for me because of her physical design (a great mix of earth tones), her persona (which is sweet but realistic enough), and her connectedness (in behaving like a true friend) makes Molly endearing.

? JOCK: Kid Cat. I personally appreciate the deer Bam, the extremely cute hamster Hamlet, the awesome frog Ribbot, and the silly duck Scoot; but, I prefer to cite a character who greatly come across believably as a Jock. Some of my favorites don't feel like they're butt-kicking, physically-dominating, and death-defying Jocks. The cool cat Kid Cat lives up to looking like and seeming like a physical- and awesome-looking Jock. Kid Cat has an animated, heroic appearance that invites you to learn more about his past adventures.

? PEPPY: Chrissy. This bubbly, pink rabbit personifies being a lovable Peppy. Chrissy is gorgeous! This came down to Chrissy and the blue cat Rosie. But, as I mentioned, I didn't want to base this merely on personal tastes. (For example: I have kept the beautiful yellow bird Twiggy in my original town, Applewin, much because she was there from Day #01, which dates back to August 2013!) It's that my selection of Chrissy, who is an outstanding example of a wonderful Peppy, seems like the very thing that the "Animal Crossing: New Leaf" Peppies say they strive for?that she is a star!

? SMUG: Julian. This is a tough call. I love the white squirrel Marshal. (His Sloppy-themed interior house, compared to all of the Smugs', is definitely the best!) But, I pick Julian above Marshal because I think this beautiful, exquisite, blue horse/unicorn is so dazzling that he shines most in the role of a Smug. He doesn't overdo the Smug persona?he wears it well. He is always glad to see you. That you are in his house. And that you think well enough of him to visit with him in his house. Julian is a charming, optimistic, and winning Smug. He is a delight!

? UCHI: Phoebe. What a wild-looking Uchi ostrich! Phoebe is a true independent spirit from this personality category. Phoebe's dynamic mix of colors makes her looks like one terrific and powerful "Animal Crossing" design. I think her individual persona defines what it is to be an Uchi?a quiet loner who marches to the beat of her own drum. There are 21 Uchis in "Animal Crossing: New Leaf" and?with an appreciation for the rabbit Mira, the sheep Muffy, the monkey Shari, the bear cub Tammy as honorable mentions?this comes back to citing Phoebe as the most outstanding Uchi.​

Normal: Poppy :)
Cranky: Chief
Smug: Colton
Peppy: Rosie
Snooty: Ankha
Lazy: Rodeo
Jock: Kody
Uchi: Shari

Subject to frequent change, but...
Lazy...Tucker. And who wouldn't want a living fossil in their town?
Jock...Mac. It was a toss up between him and Ribbot, but the bulldog came out on top.
Snooty...Friga. A cool penguin chica.
Uchi...Hazel. All bow down to the unibrow.
Peppy...Bubbles. She reminds me of the dancing hippos of Fantasia.
Cranky...Walt. I really like the five o'clock shadow he's rockin'.
Normal...Jambette. Don't be hatin' the poor thing for being cosmetically challenged.
Smug...Pietro. Never thought a rainbow clown sheep would be my #1 dreamie.

I don't like picking one for some categories so forgive me lol

Normal: Molly and Poppy
Uchi: Hazel
Snooty: Amelia
Peppy: Bluebear and Rosie
Cranky: Apollo
Lazy: Stitches or Punchy
Jock: Hamlet or Kid Cat
Smug: Phil and Marshal

tumblr_inline_mpks1wjpH11qz4rgp.gif
tumblr_inline_mpkqaryPLR1qz4rgp.gif
tumblr_inline_mpkk2a5L9t1qz4rgp.gif
tumblr_inline_mpkqzxhsd21qz4rgp.gif
tumblr_inline_mpkk23fLx71qz4rgp.gif
tumblr_inline_mpkq72akcp1qz4rgp.gif
tumblr_inline_mpkk3xoBrP1qz4rgp.gif
tumblr_inline_mpkr3homJA1qz4rgp.gif
Cranky
Wolfgang (ロボ)

I don't really like cranky villagers but wolfgang was the cutest.
Jock
Bud (グラさん)

I don't really like jock villagers either but I wouldn't panic if bud moved in.
Lazy
Punchy (ビンタ)

Cats basically have perfected the art of being lazy and punchy is one of my dreamies.
Normal
Marina (タコリーナ)
Marina is a perfect villager. enough said.
Peppy
Tangy (ヒャクパー )

What has more pep than some citrus? also one of my dreamies.
Smug
Eugine (ロッキー)

I haven't really had any smug villagers but eugine looks pretty suave.
Snooty
Purrl (たま)

She was one of my first villagers in my first animal crossing games. pretty nostalgic honestly.
Uchi
Pheobe (ヒノコ)

I like the idea of this personality type but none of them are cute :(

oops i thought the table would fit :( i'm so sorry!

Last edited:
Normal: Molly
Peppy: Cookie
Lazy: Drago
Cranky: Rolf, Butch or Hamphrey
Uchi: Fuchsia or Phoebe
Jock: Pierce or Ribbot
Snooty: Whitney or Diana
Smug: JULIAN

Normal: Fauna
Peppy: Carmen
Lazy: Stitches
Uchi: Deirdre
Cranky: Fang
Jock: Genji/Snake
Snooty: Diana
Smug: O'hare/Marshal/Julian

Last edited:
Here we go :)

Normal: Marcie

Peppy: Pango

Lazy: Filbert

Smug: Marshal

Uchi: Fuchsia

Snooty: Diana

Jock: Bam

Cranky: Walt

Normal: Chevre (or Skye)
Peppy: Tangy
Lazy: Stitches / Zucker
Uchi: Cherry
Cranky: Kabuki
Jock: Genji / Snake
Snooty: Blanche / Ankha
Smug: Kidd / Marshal

It's actually insanely hard to pick between some of them. Although looking at all the villagers again made me want a second town so I could get all my dreamies :'D

Lolly- Normal
Bunnie- Peppy
Whitney- Snooty
Canberra- Uchi
Apollo- Cranky
Hamlet- Jock
Beau- Lazy
Jacques- Smug

Lazy- Lucky
Jock- Bam
Cranky- Wolfgang
Snooty- Whitney