• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Best and worst club tortimer stories?

King koopa

🎈 Balloons 🎈
Bells
Island
Soulturn
Purple Balloon
Blue Balloon
Light Blue Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Purple Balloon
Andromeda Potion
Raven Wings Potion
Blue Rosewater Potion
Rosewater Potion
Purple Bat Potion
In case if you never played new leaf before, once you get to a certain part in the game, you can go to this island where you can play mini games, and catch rare bugs and fish and get rich🤑. However, if you pay 60 medals, you can get club tortimer. This let's you talk with other people. However, I've read stories on animal crossing community that some good things happen and some bad things happen.
Sorry if there already is a thread on Bell tree talking about this.

Best: The first time I went to club tortimer, I met some lady from Canada. Her name was in French, but she understood English. I told her it was my first time going, and she dropped 1 million bells for me🤯🤑

Worst: Some kid who's name was hfytvdov (or something like that) kept scaring away all the sharks and rainbow stags. And when I told him to stop, he said he has ADHD and autism and what not. I let him continue, because I figured he couldn't help himself. But then he started dropping random flowers then running them over. Eventually I got so done with that kid I blackmailed him and went to the Island alone 30 minutes later to try catching those bugs and sharks agian.

I only recently joined club tortimer in order to get the whirpool bath, which I had to visit a lot of islands to find, so I've had quite a few experiences with club tortimer.

Best: I've had a few really nice interactions with other players. Once, me and another player did a bunch of tours together, which was really fun. I also met someone whose town name and mayor name referenced and app game I play, so it was cool to be able to chat with them about the game. An island I visited had the ground covered with 99,000 bell bags. I didn't take any, but it was nice of whoever did it to leave them for people.

Worst: There was a guy who was following around another player pestering them for their friend code even though he kept saying no. One time a hacker also destroyed all the trees, bushes, and flowers at once, which wasn't that big a deal but was annoying since I was trying to catch some beetles.

Last edited:
I've only had good experiences;

1) I remember meeting someone Japanese. We couldn't communicate but we still managed to have so much fun playing lots of tours together.

2) I met 3 people from England, the country I live in. It was 3AM and we were just chatting about life and random stuff, and we even exchanged FCs. I haven't actually spoken to them since, but I do remember this vividly.

As for good stories or interesting ones I have quite a few including:

- Meeting someone French, which I said a few things I knew in their language to.
- Meeting someone Japanese, which I could kind of communicate with; but it was still fun playing some tours with them.
- Meeting a hacker that allowed us to spawn in anything via codes.

As for bad stories they mostly just include hackers that didn’t allow anyone to leave or just messed with everyone in general and rude people.

oh gosh i haven't been to club tortimer in so long!

best:
met a very nice hacker who gave me a hammer i had been island hopping for and the whole keroppi set! they were very nice and me and a couple other folks had lots of fun with them!

worst:
this was before i met the hacker, but around the same time. i was island hopping for the hammer i mentioned and when i island hop if someone says hi i'll explain what i'm doing really quick as to not be rude. i explained that i was hopping for a hammer on an island with two people and one said they could give me one. i was gonna say ty till they said "if you give me your friend code". yeah i left right after that.

I don't have too much experience with Club Tortimer. I did some island hopping to get the whirlpool bath (which I thankfully found very early on in my search!), and sometimes I'll try a few Club Tortimer islands to see if I can find other exclusive items.

Best: After I found the whirlpool bath, I started looking for the box of chocolates. In one day's hopping, I ended up on the same island twice... I felt a little sheepish when I was greeted again, and said that I was sorry for the inconvenience and that I was just trying to find the chocolates. The player was very sweet and gave me the item for free. I'm still grateful!

Worst: While island hopping, I ended up with somebody who messaged something in Japanese while I was looking at the items in their shop. I couldn't see what they initially said, because the message bubble was a little too far down. I bought something and was talking to Leila to head back to my town, when they came up to me, told me to die in Japanese... and then disconnected from the internet, resulting in a Resetti error screen. I laughed. It was too bad they disco'd so quickly (and I was already talking with Leila at the time), because I'd have loved to respond to them in Japanese if it was possible, just to surprise them. Oh well.

I don't have too much experience with Club Tortimer. I did some island hopping to get the whirlpool bath (which I thankfully found very early on in my search!), and sometimes I'll try a few Club Tortimer islands to see if I can find other exclusive items.

Best: After I found the whirlpool bath, I started looking for the box of chocolates. In one day's hopping, I ended up on the same island twice... I felt a little sheepish when I was greeted again, and said that I was sorry for the inconvenience and that I was just trying to find the chocolates. The player was very sweet and gave me the item for free. I'm still grateful!
The reason I joined club tortimer was to get the whirlpool bath and box of chocolates! It took me ages to get the bath and I'm still looking for the chocolates. I probably would have never ended up joining if it wasn't for the awesome exclusive items.

to be honest, i didn’t use club tortimer very much as i have pretty bad social anxiety and the thought of not knowing who i’d encounter didn’t sit well with me aha. however, my best experience was with someone named hannah (if i remember correctly lol). we didn’t really talk but we did a few island tours together and when we were done, she gifted me a ukulele and went on her way. it was a simple interaction but it made me really happy back then and i’m still fond of that memory. :’)

Worst: While island hopping, I ended up with somebody who messaged something in Japanese while I was looking at the items in their shop. I couldn't see what they initially said, because the message bubble was a little too far down. I bought something and was talking to Leila to head back to my town, when they came up to me, told me to die in Japanese... and then disconnected from the internet, resulting in a Resetti error screen. I laughed. It was too bad they disco'd so quickly (and I was already talking with Leila at the time), because I'd have loved to respond to them in Japanese if it was possible, just to surprise them. Oh well.
I know this is morbid but I just cannot stop laughing at this :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I don't know why I find this so funny, but at least you did too

The best times on Club Tortimer island for me were the times where my best friend and I would go out there, catch some beetles and sharks and play the tours. We really miss the experience that Club Tortimer brought to the game, feel its absence in New Horizons and hope that it, or something similar featuring minigames, will be added eventually.

I don't have negative Club Tortimer stories. Whenever I'd visit it online when it was just me, I only ventured there with the express purpose of buying the rare, exclsuive items and getting out as soon as possible without engaging with anyone else there. As such, I was never around long enough for anyone to mess with me.

Best: the christmas before last when someone came to the island dressed as santa and dropped 'christmas presents' of 99k bags everywhere

Worst: made friends with a french person, but she didnt know english and I didnt know french so we talked in german.
Then someone else joined, but he could only talk french, so those two got along well just talking in French, while I sat in the corner for like 15mins like a third wheel :(
Not an awful experience but I felt like an idiot lol, pretty sure I just left after a while

Back