White Pansy
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Rose
Purple Violet
White Lily
tbtDirect20190815.png

Good evening everyone and welcome to our latest TBT Direct, where we will be making a few announcements regarding the site. One of our most exciting announcements tonight is about a brand new TBT Week coming up! Before we get to that, though, let's talk about staff apps.

Staff Applications Open

Staff applications are opening for the first time since 2016. We hope to increase the size of our team in preparation for the upcoming release of Animal Crossing: New Horizons. We're not sure how many staff members will be added during this round yet, especially because we're in a quieter time on the forum, but this is a preliminary thing for the coming influx of users. We'll likely be opening applications again several months after the game has been out and the forums have been repopulated.

tbtDirect201914StaffApps.png

We are currently interested in adding more moderators than project staff, but applications are open for both. If you've been recently less active compared to the past, we'll be more understanding this year since a new Animal Crossing game hasn't come out for a while. However, if you're selected, you'll have more to do and we expect that you'll be active again. Please be aware that you must be at least 18 years of age to be considered. For more information and to apply for a position, click the link below:

TBT Fair: Maybe December 2019

Our biggest and most anticipated event is The Bell Tree Fair and, while we won't be hosting it this summer, we're considering to start it this December in celebration of TBT's 15th birthday. The first TBT Fairs were actually held in the winter for TBT's birthday, so this would be a continuation of that tradition. Fifteen years is also a special milestone, so it's a fitting change for the year!

However, like I mentioned in the previous TBT Directs, we've shifted focus from big events to new game preparation. The community and staff are also a bit less active at the moment. For these reasons, we can't promise a TBT Fair this year, but we'll let you know as the date gets closer.

Old School Animal Crossing Week

Last year we announced TBT Weeks as a new way to have smaller events on and off throughout the year. We've had four different week types so far and they've been a much bigger hit than expected! They've also been a bit bigger in size than the originally planned "mini" events, but that's not a bad thing!

classicACScreenshots.png

One of the TBT Weeks that was teased back then was called Old School Animal Crossing Week and starting in six days, on August 21st, we'll finally be hosting it for the very first time. This will also be a special first edition of the event with more to do and parts of it will last for about two weeks, instead of the usual one week! As you can probably tell by the name, this TBT Week will be centered around the older Animal Crossing games that aren't played as much these days. You'll have to come back on Wednesday to see the events we have planned for it, but here's a sneak peak!

red-turnip.png

This permanent Red Turnip collectible could be yours!

Rules Update

There are also a couple additions to the rules that we'd like to point out.

Respecting Others 1.a.:

The first one explicitly states that interfering with someone else's trading thread isn't allowed. For example, users shouldn't publicly try to police the prices of items being sold. Giving someone advice about buying and selling is perfectly fine through PMs, but the trading thread should only be used by people who are interested in making the trade.

Original said:
Do not use someone else's thread for your own purchases/interest. If you want to buy something, make your own thread.

New said:
Do not interfere with someone else’s trading thread, including policing prices, advertising a competing deal, or criticizing someone else’s proposed offer. Only post in the thread if you are interested in buying or selling from the user who created the thread.

Auctions 3.c.:

The next rule relates to the ending time of auctions. There was an incident a few months ago where an auction turned into a bidding war at the end of the auction. Multiple people were placing bids at the very end of the auction and the timestamp of the final post showed as the same minute of the auction's ending time. This was considered the winner, but some people thought it was unfair because it was technically posted seconds after the auction was supposed to end.

Going forward, the standard will be that the auction's ending time is exclusive. In other words, if it's supposed to end at 6:00, the timestamp of the posted bid must display 5:59 or before. Post timestamps on the forum do not show seconds, so this is the best way to handle this situation if it happens again. Also remember that submitting a post can take a second or two, so be careful if you're planning to bid at the very end of an auction.

Original said:
iv. The end time of the auction should not be increased or decreased after it has already started.
v. The last person to bid on an auction within the scope of its rules and time limits is the winner. Auctioneers cannot choose another winner even if someone else makes a better offer after it ends.

New said:
iv. The end time of the auction should not be increased or decreased after it has already started.
v. All bids must be placed before the specified minute of the end time starts. For example, in an auction that ends at 6:00, only posts that display a timestamp of 5:59 or before should be counted. The edit time should be used for bids made on edited posts.
vi. The last person to bid on an auction within the scope of its rules and time limits is the winner. Auctioneers cannot choose another winner even if someone else makes a better offer after the auction ends.

Bell Giveaway!

The TBT Direct bell giveaway is back! We're giving out 50 bells to the first 100 members who redeem them!

We hope you enjoyed this TBT Direct. Be sure to check back in on the forum next week for our very first Old School Animal Crossing Week! While planning this TBT Week, we've realized that it's practically turning into the size of a standard TBT summer event, so you won't want to miss it!

I’m glad we got a new site announcement.

Also, thanks for re-opening staff applications. I don’t know if I should become a moderator or project staff though. I do know that I’m going to sign up for either one. I just don’t know which one to pick.

Last edited:
Can't wait for the 21st! Also thanks for those bells, I was very poor lol :D

Thank you for the bells and the upcoming events! Time to dust off my old copies it seems. :)

I have a question. What if someone signed up for one position, but you think they are more suited for the other position? What would you do?

Last edited:
Time to start weeding!! This is all exciting news :]

Thank you for the update(s) and the TBT! :D I will be applying for one position in particular that I feel that I would be able to do with my current schedule. I am very excited about this upcoming event as well, I may have to go find myself a copy of Wild World since I no longer have one since I sold it years ago... lol

love the respecting others update as someone who's had trades become really confusing due to people popping up trying to "beat" someone else so thanks for that, 11/10 very bde

also thx for the bells, wild i just decided to pop in now lmao

Last edited:
Whoaaa yall are opening staff applications?? Nice! I would sign up but I don't know if I have all the dedication it requires.

And it just happens that I've spent the last week playing AC:GCN and I've been playing Wild World all day today. This'll be a nice continuation of my Ancient Animal Crossing Adventure! :p

Also heyyy thanks for free bells!! :cool:

I have a question. What if someone signed up for one position, but you think they are more suited for the other position? What would you do?

I signed up for both just in case. It is my time to rise and shine after all.

But what I do not want? To be an administrator.

Last edited:
Very exciting! Thanks for the update! :)

Thank you for the update and bells. Very exciting things ahead ooooh. c:

I really like that red turnip collectible. It will go very nice with all my red Pikmin eggs.

Good luck to everyone applying to become a staff member! I've had thoughts of trying to do so myself, but probably can't at the moment. Maybe when the next round of applications come out I'll be able to apply.

wow, surprised I was able to claim the bells

thanks

also yay, new week debut

- - - Post Merge - - -

I signed up for both just in case. It is my time to rise and shine after all.

But what I do not want? To be an administrator.

idk, I'd kinda love acp access just to dig into the guts of tbt and see how it all works

- - - Post Merge - - -

(though for real guts, I'd need the database access too lol)

yeehaw a permanent turnip! it’s the red pikmins distant cousin lol also thank you for the free bells x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back