• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Avatar Height Extension collectible?

xSuperMario64x

Canadian at heart 💜🇨🇦
Bells
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Purple Hybrid Rose
Bluebird of Happiness Plush
Blue Hybrid Rose
I stumbled across an old user's profile and saw that they had an avatar height extension collectible.

20191217_161236.jpg

It looks like at one point it was able to be purchased from the shop. Why is it not available anymore? I think it would be super cool to be able to have a taller avatar, and I'm sure a lot of people can agree with me :)

is it nikoking?

I asked before (specifically, about a non-staff/sage member having it) and idr what the staff answer was beyond it being very much a non-answer

Last edited:
You might see these on a very select few older accounts, because the item was available for a period of time after the site moved to vBulletin. I can say with a fair degree of certainty that it won't ever be brought back outside of being a staff perk.

Don't shoot the messenger.

It must be the work of the organization. Theyre on to us and probably planning to strike soon. Stay vigilant and watchful, the organization can be tricky.

El Psy Congroo

Maybe we should add a question about the avatar height extension to the FAQ, including information that you shouldn’t sign up for staff membership just for the perks.

How much do you think that extension would sell for if they decided to trade it?

You might see these on a very select few older accounts, because the item was available for a period of time after the site moved to vBulletin. I can say with a fair degree of certainty that it won't ever be brought back outside of being a staff perk.

ok, but can I still get an answer as to why non-staff/sage members haven't gotten it removed with a refund yet?

like tbh, that's probably the thing that annoys me most (I mean aside from horizontal avis being ugly bad aesthetic design when taken into tandem with sigs being traditionally horizontal themselves)

Last edited:

Damn that seems pretty cool thou, tbh I don't like the wide avatars, I personally think taller would be cooler. Our sidebar is more skinny tall than it is wide, so to me taller avis make more sense.

How much do you think that extension would sell for if they decided to trade it?

If I had to guess I would say the same about that the width extension sells for.

Edit: oh I thought you meant what would it cost in the shop. I don't think that these collectibles can be gifted to others if that's what your asking.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I can say with a fair degree of certainty that it won't ever be brought back outside of being a staff perk.

That's really unfortunate cause it seems like it would be super cool to be able to have taller avatars as well :/

Last edited:
Yes, I meant the latter but hypothetically, how much?

Can I get the name of the messenger so I can shoot them?

Kinda sucks it won't come back then, 150x100 is awfully squeezed unless you know how to do them :v Kinda weird staff perk ngl as well.

I wish these were still available or that our avatars could just be 150 x 150 without buying an extension. A little bit larger avatar would be so cool. Everyone's avatars would be so nice looking.

I definitely think this should be available in the shop honestly especially since the site is on better servers now in anticipation of the New Horizons crowd. If staff want the perk to be more exclusive, they can always make it cost a chunk of TBT to compensate for that (heck, I would pay 2,000+ TBT if need be to get access to the ability and I wouldn't be surprised if others feel the same way).

I had an opportunity to get this back in the day and I blew it.

Biggest regret in my life.

*Edit* nevermind I am stupid ^^

Last edited:
I definitely think this should be available in the shop honestly especially since the site is on better servers now in anticipation of the New Horizons crowd. If staff want the perk to be more exclusive, they can always make it cost a chunk of TBT to compensate for that (heck, I would pay 2,000+ TBT if need be to get access to the ability and I wouldn't be surprised if others feel the same way).

Yes I'd def shell out to get it. I hate this stretched 150x100 so I kinda regret on wasting it cause 100x100 or even smaller look better with most images /:

Back