• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

My First Avatar Request...

TN4U

Lone Wolf of the Starfields
Bells
Island
Wahu
Yellow Star Fragment
Green Crescent Moon
Space Whale Plush
Green Crescent Moon
Galaxolotl Star Fragment
Feedback
100% (4) +
Yeah, I'm horrible at drawing. I can only really throw text and shapes on photos and shift things around in GIMP...

Anyways, I may want to change my avatar. What I mainly want is my in-game character, who looks like this:

Pre-Remodel Museum Street.jpg

To be based off this, but a little different (explained below):

Me, Bob & Dotty.jpg

The rundown:
  • As you can see, I'd be in the middle, with Bob and Dotty on both sides of me. As these are my two most favorite villagers, I'd want it to look like I'm hugging both at the same time.
  • As this would be an avatar, I'd mainly want our heads, arms, and the top parts of our chests to be seen. Although if you can make it work for our whole bodies to show up in a square, by all means go for it.
  • Outfit-wise, I'd prefer Bob (with eyes open and mouth wide open smile) and Dotty (like the above except with her pupils in her happy outlined semicircle style) wear their default New Horizons outfits, and with me wearing a flame tee (if making full-body; add on me brown cargo shorts, black rubber toe sneakers, and black low cut ankle socks).
  • Art-style wise, I'd prefer a 2D design that heavily draws from Nintendo's original style, but you can surprise me if you want! For the background, I obviously don't want a Christmas design (yet), so something plain will work just fine.
Here's some ultra-quick outfit references for those that want a visual:

Bob NH.png
Flame_Tee_NH_Icon.png
Dotty NH.png

So yeah, hopefully I explained it well. Whoever I pick, I'll give you an artist credit under my custom title (or my signature if your name won't fit), and I'll also credit you here. If I don't pick your design, please don't view it as me not liking it or you doing a subpar job. It just means someone else made it how I mostly wanted it. Everyone draws differently, and some people (including me) just have our own opinions. Once I pick a winner, I'll like every post in here that contains a submission so you can at least earn something in return.

Last edited:
Back