• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

AMA Ask Bui (almost) anything!

If you could come up with your own shiny Buizel colouring/design, is there a design you'd like to see? 😊

If you could come up with your own shiny Buizel colouring/design, is there a design you'd like to see? 😊
That's actually a really tough question! In my opinion Buizel's coloring is already perfect as it is, and since my favorite colors coincidentally match up with Buizel colors (Blue and Orange) they weren't any help in coming up with alternate shiny coloration! That being said, I was able to picture a Buizel with body colors that closely match with the main color of Dewott (another one of my favorites, though much further down the list). The cream color of his torso, lower face, and tail tips would also have a slight blue tint to them in the new form. His arm fins are similar in color to the shell that Oshawott and Dewott carry. His neck ring still retains its original yellow coloring, though possibly slightly dulled to better match up with the rest of the coloration.

I don't have access to any programs at the moment to test out this new shiny version of Buizel, so I have no idea if it would even look good in the first place. In my mind I like how he looks though, but how something looks in my mind and how it ends up looking in reality aren't always the same thing!

Where will you travel for your upcoming vacation? Just asking out of curiosity.

Also, Buizel is both cool-looking and cute. I vividly remember that I adored Buizel back when I first saw it as a child on my brother's file of Diamond and immediately wanted to start playing Pokemon. I also like Floatzel for its more majestic design, and I'm a big fan of other weasel Pokemon like Sneasel and Weavile.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Bui
Where will you travel for your upcoming vacation? Just asking out of curiosity.

Also, Buizel is both cool-looking and cute. I vividly remember that I adored Buizel back when I first saw it as a child on my brother's file of Diamond and immediately wanted to start playing Pokemon. I also like Floatzel for its more majestic design, and I'm a big fan of other weasel Pokemon like Sneasel and Weavile.
I apologize in advance for the wall of text!

My upcoming vacation will be to Dallas, Texas to see the total solar eclipse on April 8, 2024. I've been wanting to see a total solar eclipse in person for over 19 years now, so the fact that it is less than 6 months away now has me very excited! I even managed to grab myself a private room on Amtrak's Sunset Limited/Texas Eagle combo route over 2 nights, meals included, for under $40 thanks to the reward points I had saved up from my earlier vacations. Hard to argue with a deal like that!

I figured since I was heading out that way though that I'd add a couple extra parts to the vacation. Part 1 is the ride from Los Angeles, California to Dallas, Texas over 2 nights and days. I have family in the area I haven't seen in a few years, so we are going to meet up and I will be staying with them for a little under two weeks (hotels were already sold out over a year and a half in advance of the eclipse!), and will hopefully all be gathering to watch the eclipse together. I will be staying a couple days past the eclipse, then will ride the Texas Eagle train the rest of the way to Chicago (2 days/1 night). I will stay a couple nights there, and then I will once more try to take Amtrak's California Zephyr train all the way through to the California Bay Area (3 days/2 nights), a route that seems to be cursed for me since it has been canceled on two of my three attempts to ride it! The whole vacation is planned to be somewhere around 17 or 18 days, but I'm taking at least a full 3 weeks from work to allow myself a bit of leeway.

The eclipse is by far the part I'm most excited about. I wanted to go to Oregon for the total eclipse in 2017, but unfortunately life got in the way the week of and I ended up missing out. I've witnessed several partial eclipses before and am excited for the annular (ring of fire) eclipse in a few days, but from what I've heard even a solar eclipse with 99% sun coverage does not compare to a total solar eclipse, and everyone I know that has witnessed a total eclipse says it's not something you want to miss. This is a trip that is 19 years in the making, a chance to finally live a nearly two decades-long dream!

--

Floatzel is a great Pokemon! Back in the early days of Gen 4 I used to prefer Floatzel over Buizel to be honest. It wasn't until fairly recently that Buizel overtook Floatzel for me. I do like Sneasel and Weavile too, though I haven't used them on any teams in any of the games yet. The designs are great though!

how did you find out you were aroace?

• Love
how did you find out you were aroace?
It's not so much me finding out as it was me realizing I already knew. I didn't fully realize or adopt the label until very recently, just within the last couple years, as it's the first time I really ever gave the subject any thought. I never developed any crushes or anything throughout my life, aside from a couple I later realized I had been more or less pressured into by friends and family because it felt like that was expected of me. As far as the ace segment goes, I've never felt any kind of desire whatsoever. If anything, I find the idea kind of off-putting to be honest. As such, I felt that aroace was the best way to describe myself.

The YouTuber "Jaiden Animations" released a video on being aroace last year ("Being not straight"), and it actually does a pretty good job at describing my experience too. I'll include the video below.

Edit: I was too tired when typing this, hopefully it makes a bit more sense now!

What is your favorite Super Mario game?
My favorite is easily Super Mario World. It's such a well-made game with an iconic art style, great music, and awesome level design. It has a lot of content to keep you busy as well. My first complete playthroughs of the game were actually on the GBA version, which is admittedly easier than the SNES version, but both of them are still great either way! I also really enjoyed Super Mario Bros 3 too for a lot of the same reasons.

As for Mario games in general, it's Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga and it's not even close. I've lost count of how many times I've played through the game over the years, but it never seems to get old. Bowser's Inside Story is another great Mario & Luigi game, but in my opinion it still doesn't hold a candle to Superstar Saga.

During your train trips, would you consider yourself a light packer or minimalist? How much stuff do you actually bring with you?

During your train trips, would you consider yourself a light packer or minimalist? How much stuff do you actually bring with you?
I usually try not to pack too much when I travel. On longer train trips I'll try to keep everything down to just my backpack and a small-ish duffle bag, and on shorter trips I can fit everything into just my backpack. I try not to pack anything beyond the necessities such as clothing, hygiene products, and my phone charger, plus maybe my 3DS + charger and a power strip.

Back