• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

AMA Ask Croconaw Anything!

Croconaw

アリゲイツ
Bells
I had one of these a while back but I thought I'd repurpose it.

- Nothing political or overly controversial.
- If something's too personal, I'll say so and not just outright ignore it.

Ask away...

Okay, so you're being chased by something... 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♂️ I don't know, something ferocious like a bear or whatever... 🐻🐴 and in a panic, you've accidentally run off the edge of a cliff, but... you don't realize you're no longer on solid ground until like, 3 seconds later, when you finally look down and realize you're in mid-air. 😳 Before you plummet a million feet into the abyss below, how do you react? 😁

What's your earliest memory?

What's your favourite memory?

Do you have a good memory?

Do you enjoy memory games?

Are you fan of the song Memory from Cats, the theatre show with all the cats in it?

Okay, so you're being chased by something... 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♂️ I don't know, something ferocious like a bear or whatever... 🐻🐴 and in a panic, you've accidentally run off the edge of a cliff, but... you don't realize you're no longer on solid ground until like, 3 seconds later, when you finally look down and realize you're in mid-air. 😳 Before you plummet a million feet into the abyss below, how do you react? 😁
That's a little dark, isn't it? I'd probably hope to not make it, though. In my opinion, it's better to not be here at all than to live the rest of my life in excruciating pain. [I put it in a spoiler for minor tw.]

What's your earliest memory?
I screamed at someone in my kindergarten glass because they were bullying me. I got a warning for screaming and I had a meltdown over it. I try to forget everything from my school years, but that's the earliest memory I have.

What's your favourite memory?
I earned my black belt in Tang Soo Do, a martial art. I wouldn't trust myself in a fight honestly, but it did help my confidence quite a bit.

Do you have a good memory?
I haven't thought about it. It's not terrible. I'd say it's alright.

Do you enjoy memory games?
Not really my thing, no.

Are you fan of the song Memory from Cats, the theatre show with all the cats in it?
I haven't heard if it, but I can't imagine I would be.

Do you like the other Johto starters?
I'm neutral to the other Johto starters with a preference for Cyndaquil. I'm honestly not a huge fan of Pokémon anymore. Croconaw has just been my online alias for the longest time and it stuck. I also don't plan on changing it anytime soon despite my love for the series slowly disappearing.

Any particular reason why Mac is your favorite villager?
Bulldogs are one of my favorite breeds. I love big dogs like pitbulls or bull mastiffs. Mac’s aesthetic is also something I vibe with, at least prior to New Horizons when he wore the red aloha tee. Sports are a big interest of mine so Mac being a jock is just icing on the cake.

IMG_4979.png

What's your favorite soda flavor?
In general, I like orange flavored sodas. My personal favorite soda is Mountain Dew Passionfruit Frenzy. It’s labeled as with a citrus flare.

What's one thing you would like to get better at?

Tasted any new products lately? If so, how were they?
The most recent thing I tried were the new Mountain Dew summer flavors, Laguna Lemonade and Point Break Punch. I preferred the latter by a longshot. Lemonade isn't my drink of choice, and for it to be carbonated doesn't do it any justice. The Point Break Punch flavor, however, reminds me a lot of Sangarita Blast, Taco Bell's discontinued exclusive flavor. That probably explains my love for this new flavor, because I'd always find myself going to Taco Bell just for the soda.

What's one thing you would like to get better at?
That's a hard one, but the obvious answer is controlling my emotions. I have BPD and I find myself acting on impulse and saying things that I either don't mean, or the things I do mean are worded very poorly. It isn't obvious from this forum either, but in real life, I'm also quite narcissistic in a work environment. Although I'm not openly narcissistic, I feel in my mind that I'm the best in my position. I am the highest paid in my position despite being the most recently hired, but I know that's still not a good mindset to have.

Narcissism and BPD are actually related (that may be poorly worded, lmao), in that those with BPD are more likely to be narcissistic.

I hope this isn't too personal for you. Anyway, I see you usually type like this now but sometimes I look through your other, older posts like this one and you type like this there. This is some kind of changing preference or something, right?

If you could change one thing you've done in the past what would it be? If this is too personal, my apologies.

I hope this isn't too personal for you. Anyway, I see you usually type like this now but sometimes I look through your other, older posts like this one and you type like this there. This is some kind of changing preference or something, right?
No particular reason.

If you could change one thing you've done in the past what would it be? If this is too personal, my apologies.
I can't think of anything specific, honestly. I try to live in the present moment.

Back