• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

AMA Ask Bui (almost) anything!

Bui

TBT's local Buizel fanatic
Bells
Playful Scenery
Blue Train Engine
Sleek Train Car
Yellow Caboose
Playful Scenery
Mailbox
Mailbox
Mailbox
Mailbox
Mailbox
Okay, so maybe I'm not really all that active of a user of this site so such a thread probably won't go over too well, but I thought I'd give it a shot anyway. Feel free to ask me anything! Well, aside from anything controversial or political or anything like that.

(Previous username was Skweegee)

Last edited:
I have a few questions!
How did you get so many mailboxes?

What's your pfp of and why?

What's your favorite color?

I have a few questions!
How did you get so many mailboxes?

What's your pfp of and why?

What's your favorite color?
Thanks for the questions!

1. Magic!

No, to be honest, they were bought with an exploit that another user discovered many years ago allowing a user to purchase multiples of unique items, which was patched almost as soon as it was discovered. However, the only talks about the exploit during the short time it was known was about buying multiples of birthstones since they were supposed to be limited to one per account. Therefore, when the exploit was patched staff went through and removed the birthstones from users who had more than one of that month's stone. However, since I was probably the only user that decided to try it with mailboxes instead of stones for whatever reason, I guess they managed to slip through the radar. I sent messages to a mod and an admin regarding them after the exploit was fixed, and while I was told I could keep them for the time being, they also said there was no guarantee that they wouldn't be removed in the future. However, given that I've revealed that now, I wouldn't be surprised if they were taken from me at some point in the very near future!

2. My profile pic is of the Pokemon Buizel. Buizel is my favorite Pokemon by far, and I'm currently beyond obsessed with him for countless reasons. I came across this super cute picture of him fairly recently and decided to crop it out and try it out as my avatar for a bit just to see how I liked it as such. Here is the image it was taken from.

3. My favorites are both blue and orange, and I love just how well the two colors go together too.

1. Magic!

No, to be honest, they were bought with an exploit that another user discovered many years ago allowing a user to purchase multiples of unique items, which was patched almost as soon as it was discovered. However, the only talks about the exploit during the short time it was known was about buying multiples of birthstones since they were supposed to be limited to one per account. Therefore, when the exploit was patched staff went through and removed the birthstones from users who had more than one of that month's stone. However, since I was probably the only user that decided to try it with mailboxes instead of stones for whatever reason, I guess they managed to slip through the radar. I sent messages to a mod and an admin regarding them after the exploit was fixed, and while I was told I could keep them for the time being, they also said there was no guarantee that they wouldn't be removed in the future. However, given that I've revealed that now, I wouldn't be surprised if they were taken from me at some point in the very near future!

2. My profile pic is of the Pokemon Buizel. Buizel is my favorite Pokemon by far, and I'm currently beyond obsessed with him for countless reasons. I came across this super cute picture of him fairly recently and decided to crop it out and try it out as my avatar for a bit just to see how I liked it as such. Here is the image it was taken from.

3. My favorites are both blue and orange, and I love just how well the two colors go together too.
Number 1 was not an answer I was expecting 🤣 hopefully you get to keep them!

• Love
Reactions: Bui
I hope so too, it would be unfortunate to lose them after all this time!

Up!

I hope you’re able to keep the mailboxes!

Do you have any Buizel plushes or memorabilia?

I hope you’re able to keep the mailboxes!

Do you have any Buizel plushes or memorabilia?
I have a few pieces so far! I've slowly been working on a collection of Buizel plushes and other Buizel-themed merch ever since he became my favorite Pokemon, and it's still continuing to grow. I currently have 5 plushes of various sizes and origins (including one I spent a rather ridiculous amount for, but it was still worth it to me!), as well as two T-shirts (one blue and one grey), and a Buizel LED lamp which is one of my favorite pieces of my collection. I also have one more Buizel plush on the way from Pokemon Center, and I'm considering adding a couple more Buizel-themed items to the collection as well in the near future. Here are some pictures of what I currently have now!

bui plush collection.jpg

Bui Shirt.jpg

Bui Lamp.jpg
Bui Lamp Orange.jpg

1. What are your favorite video games?
2. Do you have any favorite AC villagers?

1. What are your favorite video games?
2. Do you have any favorite AC villagers?

1. My favorite video game of all time is Zelda: Majora's Mask. I got this game for Christmas the year it came out, and while I struggled with it at first I ended up getting way into the game as time went on. It was the first video game I had ever played that allowed any amount of exploration so even when I wasn't working toward any objectives like I should've been I was still having a blast. As I got older I was able to appreciate the overall theme of the game more and it just made me love the game even more. I still do full runs of the game to this day and I'm still discovering new things about it even now. I personally was not a fan in the slightest of what they did to the 3DS version though, and without the fan-made Project Restoration patch I actually consider it to be one of my least favorite games of all time.

Some of my other favorite video games are Zelda: Breath of the Wild (second favorite overall), Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Generations 4 and 5 of Pokemon (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, Heart Gold/Soul Silver, and Black/White and their sequels), and American Truck Simulator on PC.

2. I do! I have 5 in particular that I'd consider my favorites, but two of them in particular stand out way above the rest to me. My favorite villager in the series is Mitzi. Not only is she the cutest villager in my opinion, but she's also the first villager I ever met in the entire series so she has that sort of sentimental connection as well. That connection was further helped by the fact that she was also one of the first villagers to move into my town in my second ever Animal Crossing game, which was Wild World which I got a little over a week after my first game (GameCube). Plus, I just love the Normal personality in general, it's the one that feels the most "realistic," I guess. My second favorite is actually Rizzo, a villager that seems to mostly be seen in a negative light by the playerbase. I had him for a short time in the GameCube version, but it wasn't until he moved into my City Folk town that he became a fast favorite (probably helped by that bit of familiarity since I'd seen him in another one of my towns before, same as Mitzi in Wild World). I personally love his design though and how well it fits the personality. There is one major plus to him being such an unpopular villager though, which is that during the spike in Amiibo card prices when New Horizons launched his Amiibo card remained dirt cheap which allowed me to get him into my town for next to nothing!

The remaining favorites include Rosie thanks to her cuteness (and the Animal Crossing Movie might have helped with that too), Whitney (again, Animal Crossing Movie but I also like her design), and Blaire who is just an all-around awesome villager. These are my top 5 villagers and are more or less permanent residents in each of my main towns in the series if I can get them (and they don't decide to just up and leave like I've had happen in City Folk and New Leaf many times in the past). There are a lot of other villagers I really like as well, but I don't think I'd consider them to be overall favorites, just favorites within their personality groups or species.

what is your all time favorite video game ost if you have one?

what is your all time favorite video game ost if you have one?
That's a tough one! Majora's Mask is a classic and definitely up there as one of my favorites, but I think it would have to go to Breath of the Wild. Unlike the other Zelda games they chose to go for a more ambient style for the soundtrack rather than a more in-your-face style like the other Zelda games, and I know many people were not a fan of that choice. However, I think that style fits the game beautifully, and for a game whose world is as large as it is, I think having an in-your-face style would've started to become rather obnoxious after a while. On top of that, the fact that the soundtrack is largely ambient makes the areas where it isn't stand out that much more and tells you just how important these areas are. The music itself makes large contributions to the story beyond what the game specifically tells you, such as the throwbacks to older games, or subtle touches within the music in places like Hyrule Castle or the Divine Beasts. My personal favorites from the soundtrack are Hyrule Castle (especially the interior version), the final battle with Dark Beast Ganon, and Rito Village, but honestly just about every single song in the soundtrack is incredible. I could go on for hours about this soundtrack in particular but I'll refrain from doing so! However, after listening to a large amount of the soundtrack yesterday I decided to order an official physical copy of the Sountrack which should be arriving in the next few days and I can't wait!

Honorable mentions go to Majora's Mask as mentioned above, F-Zero X, and the DS Pokemon games.

Oh my gosh, you have so many buizels! 😍

Who is your second favourite Pokémon? 😊 And which Pokémon game is your favourite?

• Love
Oh my gosh, you have so many buizels! 😍

Who is your second favourite Pokémon? 😊 And which Pokémon game is your favourite?
Yes, maybe too many! Especially now considering that I recently added another plush to the collection and have 4 more on the way, plus a few other random pieces... This obsession is definitely getting out of hand! And where am I even supposed to put them all?

My second favorite Pokemon, as cliched as it might be, is Pikachu. He was my favorite Pokemon for years before Buizel came out of nowhere and took that spot. But in my opinion Pikachu is a really cute Pokemon (sensing a theme here?) and I love how he is depicted in the show. I know he's not that great of a Pokemon in the games, but I still try to use on on my teams when I can. The fact that he's the Pokemon mascot and therefore gets a lot of screen time in the shows and movies, as well as a lot of plushes and other merch, also helped keep him at the top of my list for so long.

That's a really tough question. It comes down to a 3 way tie between Platinum, Black/White, and Heart Gold/Soul Silver. In the end though, I think the edge would have to go to Heart Gold/Soul Silver and mostly because of the nostalgia factor for the gen 2 games. But all 3 of them have their strengths and weaknesses, with Platinum and Black/White excelling with their absolutely amazing soundtracks while HG/SS leads on the feature front. Soundtrack wise Black and White win for me, but my favorite songs in the Pokemon series are from Platinum (Frontier Brain Battle and Mount Coronet Summit). But aside from the not-so-great level curve of HG/SS, those games are so feature-rich that they keep me coming back time and time again and to me are the pinnacle of the Pokemon remakes. And they have a pretty great soundtrack too enhanced by the fact that you can unlock an item to bring back the original music from the Game Boy games which helps it hold up against the others on the soundtrack side.

If I did something stupid. How would you react?
Hey, everyone's done something stupid at some point in their lives! It happens, and I wouldn't judge you for it. I'd be the last person to be able to judge based on that anyway, since I tend to do stupid things fairly often. Live and let live! Besides, if you do something that you realize is stupid to you, you will likely learn from that experience and not do it again. And if you're doing something you want to do that others might consider stupid but isn't bringing any kind of harm to yourself or anyone else, then more power to you! All that matters in that case is how you feel about it.

Last edited:
What’s your opinion on the Wind Waker OST? That’s my favorite soundtrack from a Zelda game, and being not all that into Zelda, I still love the music and gameplay of it!

What’s your opinion on the Wind Waker OST? That’s my favorite soundtrack from a Zelda game, and being not all that into Zelda, I still love the music and gameplay of it!
The Wind Waker OST is another incredible soundtrack, but then Zelda games in general have always had great music. I'll admit that I haven't listened to this one nearly as much as some of the other Zelda ones, but that's because I haven't finished the game yet and want to avoid spoiling myself as to the later songs in the game. I've tried to finish it twice so far, but the first time was on my sister's Wii U which I didn't have access to that often, and the second time was on my Wii U which had its disk drive die before I could reach the end. I really want to get back into the game though! Out of the songs I have heard, my favorite would have to be Dragon Roost Island. The Dragon Roost Island theme was actually brought back for a significant portion of the Rito Village theme in Breath of the Wild as well, which is a major reason why that song is one of my favorites in that game as well. Outset Island is another classic that I really enjoy, and while I've never heard it in the game the Molgera battle is one I find myself going back to fairly often. That last one was spoiled to me by Smash Bros Brawl since it appears in the Pirate Ship stage as one of the possible songs. Overall, it's an amazing soundtrack for a great game!

Back