• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

AMA Ask Bui (almost) anything!

I'm currently replaying Platinum (just started last night) with my husband. I'm doing a mono-Grass team because I'm a masochist. LOL I actually really like Buizel, and I've used it on 4th gen plays where I only use single-stage Pokemon (something I do kinda often because I love the cuties).

My two favorite Pokemon are Rowlet and Shaymin. I can relate to how you were with Buizel with how Shaymin was for me. I remember when Diamond and Pearl first came out, I looked through the list of new Pokemon (which only showed in-game sprites) on Serebii. I saw Shaymin, and I actually thought it seemed really stupid that something that basic was a Legendary (not realizing it was one of the Mew "clones"). The only thing I had to go off of was:

492.png

Which, I dunno, just didn't capture how cute Shaymin actually is? But around when Platinum came out, I saw much better images of it from the movie, like

1677974463885.png
1677974489568.png
1677974504562.png

and my Grass-Type obsession was starting around then, so... yeah. Rowlet, though, was an instant favorite since I got Moon Version. I kept it a Rowlet for my entire playthrough.

Nothing wrong with Pikachu though! It was my favorite FOREVER as a kid because Yellow was my first game. My dad didn't help the situation either and referred to me as his little Piki (our nickname for Pikachu that I use for any Pikachu I have in a game). Pikachu really is just a solid and approachable design, and having it in the anime constantly gets you more attached.

• Love
Reactions: Bui
Do you play Zelda?
I do! I've played most titles in the series (the only ones I've missed are Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess, Phantom Hourglass, and Link Between Worlds), and my top two favorite video games of all time are both Zelda games (Majora's Mask and Breath of the Wild). I've enjoyed most of the ones I've played, with the notable exception of Majora's Mask 3D which I absolutely hated. I also found it difficult to get into the original Zelda on NES and Ocarina of Time for some reason. Lately, I've found myself obsessed with the Majora's Mask randomizer, a program that shuffles the locations of items within the game based on a variety of settings. I only started about 3 months ago, but in that time I've completed 15 runs, encountered one seed that was impossible to finish, and I'm working on my 17th seed. Majora's Mask is my favorite game of all time and I've been playing it ever since the month after it originally released on N64, so it feels great to finally have a new way to play my favorite game of all time and keep it feeling fresh.

1. How is that Buizel plush holding up for you?
2. Why do you like Buizel in the first place?
3. Have you ever tried drawing Buizel?

• Love
Reactions: Bui
1. How is that Buizel plush holding up for you?
2. Why do you like Buizel in the first place?
3. Have you ever tried drawing Buizel?
1. It's holding up quite well so far! His size and softness make him perfect for cuddling with, and he's just so cute! However, because he is so big I don't really have anywhere in my room to keep him, so I've had to store him in the box he came in whenever I'm not holding him. I'm planning on rearranging my room a bit soon though, it should free up space for another small table which I can then use as extra display space. But knowing me, that probably won't happen for another year or so!

2. I could probably write an entire novel about why I love Buizel so much, but I'll try to keep it as brief as possible. First off, and perhaps the most important reason, is that he's just so dang cute. Everything about his design is perfect, from his crest to his feet, his arm fins and neck ring, and everything in between. His design clearly says "Pokemon," but is also dialed back enough that you could see him as something that might exist in real life too. The final catalyst that kicked my love for him into full gear though was a YouTube video I found some time ago where someone took the Pokemon Manaphy movie and edited it down to only the scenes where Buizel was on screen (linked below). All of his scenes and mannerisms took his cuteness to a whole new level. Even to this day, no matter how down I might be feeling, I can never not feel better after watching that video and seeing Buizel just being Buizel. Even his name is adorable! I could go on forever, but instead I'll leave it to this blog post someone else made about him, which is essentially word for word why I love Buizel.

3. I have not, though I have wanted to once again try learning to draw mainly so I could try drawing him. Over the years I have found for various reasons that I don't have the kind of patience or attention span required to learn to draw, so I've made very little progress. One day I hope to conquer those obstacles though, and this time I do at least have motivation to do so!

Last edited:
Do you have any planned Amtrak train trips in the near future?
I do, actually! I have a 2-part trip planned for next year around the total solar eclipse, which will begin with a train from Los Angeles, CA to Dallas, TX on the Sunset Limited/Texas Eagle combo which splits in San Antonio. Because of my earlier vacations I had nearly enough points from their rewards program to book a roomette for that leg. All it took was an additional 1,000 points which I could buy directly from Amtrak, so the whole 2 day/1 night trip in a sleeper was just $38! I will stay with family there for a couple weeks, beginning the second part of the trip a couple days after the eclipse. I will be riding the Texas Eagle the rest of the way to Chicago (2 days/1 night) where I will stay a couple nights, and then finish off with the California Zephyr along it's while length from Chicago to Emeryville, CA/Bay Area (3 days/2 nights), with a room on both of those legs too. Assuming the Zephyr isn't cancelled again, since that route seems to be cursed for me (2 out of 3 attempts at riding that route have ended in cancellation so far!)!

I'm also considering a ride from Boston, MA to Washington DC on the Acela Express some time later this year just to be able to experience it first hand, but it's not really set in stone yet.

Awe Buizel is so adorable!! I just finished up her entry in Arceus!!

Oh, and I saw you like Rizzo ^^ Im glad im not the only one who does!
--
I dont know if these have been asked but do you nick name your little Buizel on your games ^^

How many buizel do you have in the games?

If you play pokemon go, and your partner is Buizel, did you nick name them?

Whats your opinion on Skitty?

Awe Buizel is so adorable!! I just finished up her entry in Arceus!!

Oh, and I saw you like Rizzo ^^ Im glad im not the only one who does!
--
I dont know if these have been asked but do you nick name your little Buizel on your games ^^

How many buizel do you have in the games?

If you play pokemon go, and your partner is Buizel, did you nick name them?

Whats your opinion on Skitty?
He is indeed! I'd even go as far as to say he is the cutest Pokemon of all!

Rizzo is awesome! It's sad to see so much negativity directed toward him. At the same time though, because he is so disliked his Amiibo card was one of the few that didn't spike in price when New Horizons released so I was able to get him onto my island for dirt cheap!

1. I'm honestly pretty awful at coming up with nicknames so I almost never nickname my Pokemon. That being said, I have come up with a small number of them I've used for my Buis:

-Kobo. It's the short form of my username on a couple other sites and is where I came up with the rough concept of my Buizel OC, who I tentatively gave this name. It's likely subject to change, though I don't know what I'd change it to.
-Dot. Here's a really odd one, it's derived from a different nickname I briefly thought of at one point, "Pretzel," because of the two syllable word with the -zel ending. I ended up taking it a step further though and chose the name based off of a particular brand of pretzels I enjoy. I don't exactly know why I did that to be honest.
-Bingle. This is actually a sort of "unofficial" name for Buizel that I've seen used by a fair amount of other people, especially other Buizel fans. It originates from a streamer who said they once forgot what Buizel's name was, so they asked their chat what it was called. Someone in chat decided to lightly troll them by saying it was called "Bingle" and the name kind of stuck with the community. I probably refer to Buizel as "Bingle" almost as often as I do his regular name!

2. Surprisingly I don't have a whole lot of them, probably somewhere around 10-15 across all of my games, with around half being on Scarlet. I do like running around in Scarlet trying to spawn as many Buizels as possible and take pictures with them, though I think my record is only 5 or 6 at once. I've seen pictures with more though, so I know it can be done!

3: I unfortunately stopped playing Pokemon Go long before Buizel became available to catch. If I were to catch one today though, I'd probably end up calling him Bingle for the memes.

4. Skitty is a solid Pokemon! Definitely one of the cuter ones, though I'll admit I never paid a whole lot of attention to them, or most gen 3 Pokemon for that matter. It's not like I didn't like gen 3, I actually enjoyed it a good amount, and the remakes even more (minus the missing battle frontier, of course!). It's just that I was a latecomer to gen 3, only playing it for the first time after Heart Gold and Soul Silver were already out, so the newer games stole most of my attention. Generally, the only gen 3 Pokemon I tend to remember with any amount of significance are either legendaries, starters, or were prominently featured in the gen 4 and 5 games.

Back