• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

AMA AMA ~🪐Ask Mars Anything🪐~

What’s your favorite Mario & Luigi game, and also, what’s your favorite Paper Mario game?

Is there a certain food pairing you like to have when playing video games? 🧀🍙🍼 When I'm playing games with others, I like having popcorn 🍿 but if it's by myself, I enjoy hot black coffee and a pastry. ☕🍰😋 It's not messy or too difficult to prepare and it's something that can be enjoyed with calmness, allowing you to focus on the game. 😁
Hmm interesting question, I don't eat or drink while playing video games because I don't want to get anything on my devices and because it's more mindful to focus on eating/drinking instead of multitasking
What’s your favorite Mario & Luigi game,
I THOUGHT SOMEONE WOULD NEVER ASK!

Hmm well this is a bit tricky.

I own all seven M&L games in the series however I have not gotten around to playing Dream Team or Partners in time yet. I already pretty much spoiled Partners in time for myself so I know what most of the game is like but I don't know anything about Dream Team and I'm trying to avoid spoilers as best as I can so I can start playing the game as a surprise experience.

I haven't gotten to starting a playthrough of my original copy of Bowser's inside story for DS yet but I have completed the full game in the 3DS remake.

I'm currently trying to progress through a playthrough of the original Superstar Saga for Gameboy Advance but my playthrough has been put on the backburner right now in favor of trying to work on completing Animal Crossing New Leaf and Mario and Luigi Paper Jam.
I have completed the full game of Superstar Saga in the 3DS remake though.

I completed Paper Jam all the way to the credits when I got it during my playthrough in spring 2023 however I don't feel like it is *fully* completed yet as I am working towards completing the boss ring and beating dry bowser on and off again since September 2023 and I am incredibly close right now.

So for my favorite Mario and Luigi series game? It's hard to choose between Paper Jam and Superstar Saga. Paper Jam was arguably the funniest game in my opinion and even though it is a widely disliked game in the Super Mario fandom(not the M&L fandom just the general fandom) I thought it was a cute and fun game to play and I enjoyed it a lot, hence I am currently playing it right now. People hate it because it can't live up to the other M&L games and it was released when a lot of poorly received games came out but I for one like it's differences.

If someone were to ask me which one of the M&L games is the first one that comes to mind I would answer Superstar Saga, Superstar Saga feels like the classic M&L series experience and it is critically acclaimed for a reason, not to say Bowser's inside story wasn't a great game too but Superstar Saga was the best game in my opinion. Even after this game is 20 years old I feel like it aged really well and is a charming game that can be played over and over again. I would recommend it to anyone wanting to get into the M&L series for a taste of the M&L RPG experience.

Soooo.... I think it has to be Superstar Saga because it has more re-playable than Paper Jam and is more nostalgic for me.
Honorable mention: Bowser's Inside Story's OST is really comforting and nostalgic for me and I love it a lot but I wouldn't call Bowser's Inside Story my favorite M&L series game.

and also, what’s your favorite Paper Mario game?
Well the only Paper Mario game I've ever played is Color Splash which I enjoyed a lot even though it is widely considered a hated game. I never was able to get into the Paper Mario series, I don't know my brain doesn't find them interesting like the Mario and Luigi series. I've never had time to watch gameplay footage of the first 3 games that everyone loves so much so it's difficult for me to see the hype of why everyone loves them so much. I'm not sure if I will ever play Sticker Star or The Origami King because I tend to gravitate towards unpopular/disliked games and I'm curious to know if Sticker Star is actually THAT bad from an outsider's perspective because I am not a Paper Mario fan so I can't see why other's hate it for causing the Paper Mario series to go downhill if I've never played the first three games in the first place ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Is Appletun your favorite Pokemon? And what are some of your other favorites?
I'm sorry I took so long to respond to this, I had wanted to respond when I had finished making a complete list of all my favorite Pokemon and well... I have a lot of favorites probably too many actually, my list of top favorite Pokemon totals up to 333 out of the 1,025 that exist, nearly one third of all Pokemon are my favorites and those are just my top favorites too... I hold a positive or neutral opinion on virtually all Pokemon and there are very few I actively dislike

To avoid listing out a bunch of Pokemon names I will say I am very fond of Fairy, Psychic, Dark, Poison, Ghost, Normal and Ice type Pokemon. Water, Grass, Electric, Fighting, Dragon and Flying type Pokemon are alright and I don't really like Fire, Bug, Ground, Rock and Steel Type Pokemon honestly.

To answer your first question, is Appletun my favorite Pokemon? No, Appletun isn't even in my top 50 probably. Appletun is my favorite dragon-type Pokemon however and I chose Appletun to celebrate TBT's 2024 Chinese New Year event which 2024 is the year of the dragon.

My #1 favorite Pokemon of all time is Greninja and Greninja has been my favorite since I believe 2016 when I first starting watching the Pokemon XY anime and I remember how much I loved Froakie and Frogadier and was so excited to see Frogadier's evolution and when I watched A Rush of Ninja Wisdom! (Greninja's anime debut episode) for the first time and I saw Greninja I immediately fell deeply in love with Greninja, I feel like it's pretty self-explanatory as to why Greninja is my favorite, anyone who knows me knows how much I love frogs and it's the thing people most know me well for, obviously my Favorite Pokemon are all gonna be frog-related Pokemon and Greninja stands out to me the most of all the frog Pokemon for one reason... Greninja's tongue scarf, I immediately fell in love with Greninja's tongue scarf and I thought it was the most creative design idea for a frog, I never would have thought of that design idea myself and I love it. Another reason why Greninja is my favorite Pokemon and not a different frog Pokemon like Politoed or Seismitoad or Toxicroak is because Greninja has a significant amount of attention in the anime and I can form an emotional connection with Greninja as a character, maybe if the other frog Pokemon were more popular and received more attention in the anime and in general then my favorite Pokemon would have been different because I could see them more in the anime and form a deeper emotional connection with them if that makes any sense at all.

Back