• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Damn.. I blew it. I knew exactly when they were going to get plotted too.. blehhhhhhhh.

Thank you. Until next time then!

In my first two towns I cut down all the fruit trees on my island after reading some guides that said it made it easier to catch gold stags. In my third town I noticed some bugs on the fruit trees so I caught them for my museum, then realized that all of these were bugs I've never caught on my other islands, some of them being rare stags.

Am I now totally unable to get those stags and other bugs from those trees on my other islands? Will trees grow if I take fruit from a tour tree and plant them on the grass there? I'd just hate to miss out on the rare bugs because I cut all the fruit trees down.

In my first two towns I cut down all the fruit trees on my island after reading some guides that said it made it easier to catch gold stags. In my third town I noticed some bugs on the fruit trees so I caught them for my museum, then realized that all of these were bugs I've never caught on my other islands, some of them being rare stags.

Am I now totally unable to get those stags and other bugs from those trees on my other islands? Will trees grow if I take fruit from a tour tree and plant them on the grass there? I'd just hate to miss out on the rare bugs because I cut all the fruit trees down.

Yes, you can replant the trees by using fruit from island tours. I think you can also catch all of the island bugs in your main town during summer.

If an animal is sick when you save your dream address will they be sick in your dream town?? I was gonna update mine within the next day or so before it snows but then Poppy got sick. 8/

What will happen if I time travel backwards by one day while the Nooklings' shop is upgrading? Will the shop return to the way it was before the upgrade? Or will it complete the upgrade like it would if I came to my town tomorrow/time travelled forward a day?

What will happen if I time travel backwards by one day while the Nooklings' shop is upgrading? Will the shop return to the way it was before the upgrade? Or will it complete the upgrade like it would if I came to my town tomorrow/time travelled forward a day?

I'm not exactly sure what happens, but I know it won't go back to the previous shop because TTing backwards never undos anything. Either the shop will be upgraded or it will still be under construction until you go a day forward.

If an animal is sick when you save your dream address will they be sick in your dream town?? I was gonna update mine within the next day or so before it snows but then Poppy got sick. 8/

No, they won't appear to be sick in a dream.

How do you do the campsite glitch? I've loaded a new character 4 times in a row and still no campsite visitors. And no I haven't loaded my main today yet.

There will be a campsite visitor eventually. It's completely random when they appear.

When trying to get the golden axe apparently you need to buy fifty saplings. Do the cedar saplings count or just the leafy ones?

No, they won't appear to be sick in a dream.

Yea when I thought about it I realized I've never seen a sick animal in a dream town so I figured not and just went ahead. Thank you for the confirmation. :)

Are all the bridges the same size? Cobblestone, wood, fairy tale, etc....

I had the original cobblestone in, built a lighthouse sort of near it afterwards, then finally got a request for the fairy tale bridge so I demolished the original. Now Isabelle is saying the fairy tale design is too close to the lighthouse to build D:

On a day a new villager moves in, there won't be a new house plot as well, right? (Just talking about random ones, not streetpass/campsite/invites.)

Last edited:
Are all the bridges the same size? Cobblestone, wood, fairy tale, etc....

I had the original cobblestone in, built a lighthouse sort of near it afterwards, then finally got a request for the fairy tale bridge so I demolished the original. Now Isabelle is saying the fairy tale design is too close to the lighthouse to build D:

All of the bridges are the same size. Unfortunately, for some reason the game requires there to be a lot of open space around the bridge for you to be able to build it, but once you have built it, you can put PWPs nearby. You'll have to demolish the lighthouse, build the bridge, and then build the lighthouse again.

If a villager I adopted moved out of their town today, do I have to wait until it's tomorrow in that person's town for him to show up in my town? Sorry if that is worded confusingly!

If a villager I adopted moved out of their town today, do I have to wait until it's tomorrow in that person's town for him to show up in my town? Sorry if that is worded confusingly!

All that matters is when it becomes 6 A.M. the next day in your town.

Back