• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

I wanna wear a certain shirt (short sleeved pants are long), but its fall... and i don't want my villager to get sick. what should i do o_O (please answer fast) PM me with an answer

If you wear a short sleeved shirt in winter, your character freezes to death. Everybody knows this.

Last edited:
You can only plant up to 12 bushes or trees that are connected to each other without any spaces in between. If that is not the problem, then try planting the bushes which are going to be in the middle first, wait for them to grow, and the plant bushes going outward, letting them grow before you plant the next set, until you finish your bush formation.

Cedar trees only grow on the northern half of your map. Specifically, they can only grow within 32 spaces south of the fence next to the train tracks.

To regrow grass, you can just time travel about a month forward and then back and your grass will regrow.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yes. That will work just fine. Nothing in your town gets saved until you load an existing character or save as a new character.

Thanks very much for the help, that clears up a lot. Especially with regard to the cedars, I had no idea what was going on. About the max length being 12, if plants are on the diagonal are they still considered a chain or is that a break? Thanks

Anyone who tries to tell you that your character can't freeze to death in the winter is lying. They are just bitter that they lost their character and want you to be miserable too.

When it comes to plot resetting, do I have to plot reset the DAY I know a villager is going to plot, or can I start up a new character any day after that as long as I do not go on my mayor at all to plot reset?

For example:
Purrl was invited to move to my town tomorrow
I don't feel like plot resetting tomorrow
I don't play at all
I open the game up on Saturday as a new character right away

Will this work?

Yes. I have waited about a week before plot resetting and it's just fine.

Hiya,

So I have a blue Spotpass dot on my NL icon in the DS menu. Now I know this usually means I've either got a house sent via Spotpass or someone has visited my dream town. I've checked in with Luna and the last person who visited my dream town has been the same for the last 3 days or so. I've gone to the HH Showcase and there's no new houses. I've downloaded the latest present from Pelly at the post office.

What does this dot mean?

EDIT TO ADD:

Never mind. I've gone back to Pelly and I had only downloaded this months gift with one character so the other was still waiting. The dot is now gone.

Last edited:
Considering time traveling backwards to any time before the last time you played equates to traveling forward a day, whatever you have saved should still be in effect. To be safe though, I might just TT forward an actual day, then go back to the actual time, but I'm not really sure why you're time traveling backwards in the same day.

Ah ok, thank you! And I'm just wondering this because I'm decorating a person's town, and we're working on their dirt paths, but if we would try to tt to the next day, then it might snow and we're afraid of the snow ruining the dirt paths xD. :)

While I know the trick where you can say no to a villager asking to move out so that you can 'pause' your game for any amount of time without losing any villagers, there is something I'm curious about.

Whenever I've done this before, I say no and immediately save and quit my game. It's always worked for me.

However, if I say no and continue playing (decorating house, shopping, etc), will the trick still work, or does continued play cancel it out?

I stayed on the same character and didn't save at all until I was done and did not go on any other characters. I just want to make sure it'll still work since I want to take a break from one of my towns for a little while.

While I know the trick where you can say no to a villager asking to move out so that you can 'pause' your game for any amount of time without losing any villagers, there is something I'm curious about.

Whenever I've done this before, I say no and immediately save and quit my game. It's always worked for me.

However, if I say no and continue playing (decorating house, shopping, etc), will the trick still work, or does continued play cancel it out?

I stayed on the same character and didn't save at all until I was done and did not go on any other characters. I just want to make sure it'll still work since I want to take a break from one of my towns for a little while.
It'll still work, no worries. The only thing that's important is that you save and quit on the same in-game day you told your villager to stay. That way the game doesn't get the chance to trigger the next mover (which could be as early as the next in-game day) until you come back to the game.

It'll still work, no worries. The only thing that's important is that you save and quit on the same in-game day you told your villager to stay. That way the game doesn't get the chance to trigger the next mover (which could be as early as the next in-game day) until you come back to the game.

Perfect, thank you. I was worried I've have to wait longer to get a ping again so I could take a break.

Well... I adopted Pashmina from another town and started to plot reset. I've been at it for almost a week. However, today, I have been resetting but have not seen her plot anywhere. I've taken more than a week to plot reset villagers, so I'm pretty sure there's no deadline. But I'm wondering what happened to her...

Well... I adopted Pashmina from another town and started to plot reset. I've been at it for almost a week. However, today, I have been resetting but have not seen her plot anywhere. I've taken more than a week to plot reset villagers, so I'm pretty sure there's no deadline. But I'm wondering what happened to her...

Have you looked in every little nook and cranny? Sometimes I've gotten worried when it seems like a plot disappeared then I realized it was hidden behind some trees or crammed into a tiny spot I didn't even think possible.

Back