• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

When you begin the game I believe you have 5(?) villagers and more will move in over time. I belieeve the 10th slot can only be filled by an amiibo or friend iirc. Otherwise, random move ins will happen so your village will always have 8-9 characters after about a month of gameplay.
Darn. Figured that was the case but thought I'd ask anyways. Thanks!

small question about the forum in relation to new leaf, is there a “island journal” page but for new leaf towns? I would really like to document my daily acnl adventures and have it public so others can see, I do already use a journal but sometimes its nice to do it here so others can have access to it too and stuff
sorry if this is a weird question!

small question about the forum in relation to new leaf, is there a “island journal” page but for new leaf towns? I would really like to document my daily acnl adventures and have it public so others can see, I do already use a journal but sometimes its nice to do it here so others can have access to it too and stuff
sorry if this is a weird question!
When you create a new “island” journal, you can select which game it’s for! They aren’t just for New Horizons islands anymore! All of the journals can be found in the same subforum though, regardless of which game they‘re for. ☺️

IMG_5492.jpeg

When you create a new “island” journal, you can select which game it’s for! They aren’t just for New Horizons islands anymore! All of the journals can be found in the same subforum though, regardless of which game they‘re for. ☺️

View attachment 531558
Thank you so much! : D I’m definitely gonna make one! : )

Sorry if i'm asking in the wrong place but are there any weed services around anymore? I want the weed badges but i'm nervous to time travel because I don't want to lose certain villagers I have in my town right now

Sorry if i'm asking in the wrong place but are there any weed services around anymore? I want the weed badges but i'm nervous to time travel because I don't want to lose certain villagers I have in my town right now
If you would like, message me and I can set up my 2nd ACNL and time travel, spawning alot of weeds for you! I used it to get the weeding badge myself since there weren’t many people online! Just let me know what time in EST you are free. I have been quite busy though so only weekends work! 💚

Another question: Is there an in-game method where you can get your dreamies, kind of like how New Horizons has island hunting?

Another question: Is there an in-game method where you can get your dreamies, kind of like how New Horizons has island hunting?
New Leaf has random move-ins just like the other games before New Horizons. The only ways to manipulate who moves in is by amiibo cards or talking to a villager in boxes at a friends town while you have 9 or less villagers! ✨⭐

Does the catalog in New Leaf work the same way in New Horizons in the fact that items you have obtained prior to unlocking the catalog will show up for you to repurchase or do items only appear for repurchase when you have obtained them after unlocking the catalog?

Does the catalog in New Leaf work the same way in New Horizons in the fact that items you have obtained prior to unlocking the catalog will show up for you to repurchase or do items only appear for repurchase when you have obtained them after unlocking the catalog?
the same way as new horizons! In fact you can unlock Cyrus before the last expansion of nooklings(for cyrus you have to catalogue almost 100 furniture items, and other requirements I truly don't remember)

I started playing New Leaf again about a month ago. Every time I play I always make a point of finding Buck so I can talk to him. I've been into his house several times and I have written at least 3 letters and gave them to Phyllis in the Post Office. Still no reply! Is it the same as New Horizons and you have to build a friendship up with them? I'm always disappointed to look at my mailbox and nothing from my Buck.

I started playing New Leaf again about a month ago. Every time I play I always make a point of finding Buck so I can talk to him. I've been into his house several times and I have written at least 3 letters and gave them to Phyllis in the Post Office. Still no reply! Is it the same as New Horizons and you have to build a friendship up with them? I'm always disappointed to look at my mailbox and nothing from my Buck.
I believe you have to write a certain amount per letter for them to respond back! I always add a fruit to guarantee a response back! ✨

I believe you have to write a certain amount per letter for them to respond back! I always add a fruit to guarantee a response back! ✨
I don't have the option to add an item. I gift wrapped an item for Buck and couldn't add it. I also tried talking to him to see if I would get an option to give him the gift, but still no luck! Does Buck not love me in New Leaf or are Phyllis and Pelly neglecting their duties? 🤣

I don't have the option to add an item. I gift wrapped an item for Buck and couldn't add it. I also tried talking to him to see if I would get an option to give him the gift, but still no luck! Does Buck not love me in New Leaf or are Phyllis and Pelly neglecting their duties? 🤣
Friend!!! I love helping people in New Leaf hahaha, to add a gift to a letter you open your mailbox in your inventory, and use the stylus to drag the item to the letter! You also cannot give gifts to villagers in New Leaf, the only way is through the mail! I always send them furniture or clothes and they put it in their house or wear it respectively!

Friend!!! I love helping people in New Leaf hahaha, to add a gift to a letter you open your mailbox in your inventory, and use the stylus to drag the item to the letter! You also cannot give gifts to villagers in New Leaf, the only way is through the mail! I always send them furniture or clothes and they put it in their house or wear it respectively!
Thank you so much! I have just sent Buck a letter with a gift! It seems I owe Phyllis and Pelly an apology! 🤣🤣🤣

You also cannot give gifts to villagers in New Leaf, the only way is through the mail!
Thanks so much for saying this. I completely forgot you can’t hand deliver gifts like in new horizons. I recently went back to new leaf and was wondering why it wasn’t an option.

Questions about town reset

1- If i sell my town and keep catalogue, does the DLC from post office ( zodiac items ) as example and others will remain in catalogue? ( the one that are buyable ).

2- When restarting after selling, i read that if you dont like the propose town presets you can reset ( or close game? , not sure the best way. ) But is it possible to reset when you arrive in town and see if you like the starter 3-4 villagers and reset there?

Questions about town reset

1- If i sell my town and keep catalogue, does the DLC from post office ( zodiac items ) as example and others will remain in catalogue? ( the one that are buyable ).

2- When restarting after selling, i read that if you dont like the propose town presets you can reset ( or close game? , not sure the best way. ) But is it possible to reset when you arrive in town and see if you like the starter 3-4 villagers and reset there?
1. Everything in your catalog remains! I do believe you have to relink HHD though to get the large items....

2. I am not completely sure myself but according to past posts and users on TBT, Tumblr, and Reddit "f you're not interested in the map layouts you get for your town, you can turn off the power for your system and reset - your old save will still be there, and you can redo the dialogue again to get a new map. " This is because the game does not delete your town and overwrite until the first save in your new town!

Hope this helps! <3

1. Everything in your catalog remains! I do believe you have to relink HHD though to get the large items....

2. I am not completely sure myself but according to past posts and users on TBT, Tumblr, and Reddit "f you're not interested in the map layouts you get for your town, you can turn off the power for your system and reset - your old save will still be there, and you can redo the dialogue again to get a new map. " This is because the game does not delete your town and overwrite until the first save in your new town!

Hope this helps! <3
Oh! Thats great to know for catalogue!

Just a bit scare for reset when train arrive in town and you see first villagers, i read also you can turn off at the map layout in the train, but wondering if it also work when train arrive at town and see if you like first batch of villagers.

Kinda lost my old save maybe that way, i dont remember, i restart like a few month ago about being pissed for last year when i sold town i think, cant quite remember what happen.

This is something I could've tried myself for years but never thought to test. Does anyone know offhand whether you can find the rare Tortimer's Island items (treasure chest, different colored wetsuits, etc.) via local co-op with two of your own 3DS consoles or does it have to be with other, long distance, players?

Back