• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Time Traveling doesnt affect interest but if you have 1 interest letter (since you havent played in a while) you wont accumulate tons of interest. The most you can get is from one letter ifirc. You’ll have to wait for the next month to get more. You di have to be actively (?) playing ig. ☺️

Interestingly, I tested this today as my game went from august to september, and when I clocked in on 1st of September, I got a letter from the bank.
But I know for sure I have not gotten these letters for maybe a year or more.

I have however actively played through august, so that may be it? I've not played a lot this last year due to work and life stuff, so whenever I've been playing, mostly I would play maybe a few mins of 1 day (talking to everyone), then time travel forward 4-5 days, talk to everyone, time travel forward 4-5 days, etc. Just because I am so backlogged. (My game is on 1st of september 2022 lol).

So maybe some of this has been the reason why I havent gotten interest for a long time? Or it will only give me interest if I play the last day of a month and then the first day of the next month?

I keep forgetting if snow will water flowers and aid with grass deterioration like rain does. Does it do that? I feel like this might've already been answered, but I am not going to check all 443 past pages of this just to find that out.

Question:

I recently started a new town, and when speaking to Rover I accidentally pressed the option about changing the clock. Ever since, the time in the town been de-synced from the time on the actual 3DS itself.

I’ve managed to fiddle with it to get it back down to like less than a second apart, so it is literally isn’t very noticeable.

But I just wanted to know if there was an official way to get both fully and exactly synced back together? I sold my town and kept my catalog so I’m not willing to just restart everything. Just have the little voice at the back of my head reminding me that they are not exactly synced.

Question:

I recently started a new town, and when speaking to Rover I accidentally pressed the option about changing the clock. Ever since, the time in the town been de-synced from the time on the actual 3DS itself.

I’ve managed to fiddle with it to get it back down to like less than a second apart, so it is literally isn’t very noticeable.

But I just wanted to know if there was an official way to get both fully and exactly synced back together? I sold my town and kept my catalog so I’m not willing to just restart everything. Just have the little voice at the back of my head reminding me that they are not exactly synced.
As far as I know, there isn't any way to completely sync the two without resetting the game.

I never thought of it this way but yes, there isnt anyway as far as I know to
get them back in sync. The game has a time set (no matter if you never changed it) and stays the same until you play again. When you play again it knows what time your system clock was set and automatically finds the time in between sessions and fast forwards if that makes any sense!
Yep! Snow waters all flowers and helps with grass deterioration as long as flowers are over the dirt or damaged grass.

I do want to note though that even though I dislike time traveling, every few years I will use it! If a villager asks to move and you tell them to stay then I time travel one month and almost all the grass has regrown and become fully fleshed out again and no villagers will leave. I dont recommend this if you dont use the beautiful ordinance though! If you play as much as I do, the grass wear is inevitable so sadly this is a must around every two autumns.

Hi💕 I was wondering if the Jacob's ladder survives even though the town is no longer perfect?
"These flowers are called Jacob's Ladders, and they only appear in your town if it has perfect status. However, Jacob's Ladders don't disappear if you lose your perfect town status, so it's possible to have Jacob's Ladders in your town even if you don't have a perfect town."
I found this on Thonky's perfect town guide, hope this helps.

"These flowers are called Jacob's Ladders, and they only appear in your town if it has perfect status. However, Jacob's Ladders don't disappear if you lose your perfect town status, so it's possible to have Jacob's Ladders in your town even if you don't have a perfect town."
I found this on Thonky's perfect town guide, hope this helps.
Thank you very much 😍

I've just started playing New Leaf again and wondered if someone could help me with this. How do you save your game before shut down? I thought I had saved it and Resetti told me I hadn't. I know this is probably so simple, but I cannot figure it out! 🤣

I've just started playing New Leaf again and wondered if someone could help me with this. How do you save your game before shut down? I thought I had saved it and Resetti told me I hadn't. I know this is probably so simple, but I cannot figure it out! 🤣
press the start button on your console. a menu should pop up with your “save and continue playing” and “save and quit” options 🤍

press the start button on your console. a menu should pop up with your “save and continue playing” and “save and quit” options 🤍
I think the game also autosaves at 6 am when you leave the game running but close the console (without turning it off).

Does anyone know if you can invite friends over to wish on shooting stars? I have a meteor shower I'd like to share but want to know if it's shareable... ^-^

Does anyone know if you can invite friends over to wish on shooting stars? I have a meteor shower I'd like to share but want to know if it's shareable... ^-^
Yes you can! I have with my friends before if I remember correctly but its been a few years xD
ALSO You can know when a meteor shower is going to happen because the bulletin board will say it in front of the train station!

With online coming to an end, I've been researching what exactly cannot be done anymore after that, and I found someone mentioning the gold catalog badge (80%), saying that only about 70% are obtainable without trading/hacking. Most posts I find are inconclusive or outdated, can anyone confirm this?

With online coming to an end, I've been researching what exactly cannot be done anymore after that, and I found someone mentioning the gold catalog badge (80%), saying that only about 70% are obtainable without trading/hacking. Most posts I find are inconclusive or outdated, can anyone confirm this?
Its definitely possible without trading or hacking. If you count up all the seasonal and spotpass items I can assure you that its a very possible badge even without those! The total is even easier to get as its a certain number (I dont remember off the top of my head) of items from base ACNL not from the ACNL welcome amiibo update so if you get any new items from the RV’s it counts towards your total. It counts everything from furniture to clothes so you’ll get thereeee! Trading definitely makes it easier tho

Today was the Fishing Tourney, and I ended up submitting 11 qualifying fish for prizes. Alongside a couple of non-themed items, I got a Marine-Pop carpet, and then somehow also got three squid chairs and four crab clocks. Did I just get monumentally unlucky to get so many repeats of the same things, or is there something about the Fishing Tourney that I don't understand? 🤔

sorry if this has been asked before but i don't want to dig through all 444 pages lol

is there a way to limit how many villagers are in your town? i want to start playing again but i have depression and having to actively talk to and do tasks for 9/10 villagers every day is a bit overwhelming. it honestly feels more like a chore than making neat little animal friends like it did at first. can i have like. 5 villagers or less? is that possible?

sorry if this has been asked before but i don't want to dig through all 444 pages lol

is there a way to limit how many villagers are in your town? i want to start playing again but i have depression and having to actively talk to and do tasks for 9/10 villagers every day is a bit overwhelming. it honestly feels more like a chore than making neat little animal friends like it did at first. can i have like. 5 villagers or less? is that possible?
When you begin the game I believe you have 5(?) villagers and more will move in over time. I belieeve the 10th slot can only be filled by an amiibo or friend iirc. Otherwise, random move ins will happen so your village will always have 8-9 characters after about a month of gameplay.

Back