• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Can you receive golden tools more than once? For example, could I get the golden fishing rod twice if I have a full encyclopedia of the fish and I talk to Chip during two different fishing tourneys?

One other question: how does villager trading work?

Last edited:
Can you receive golden tools more than once? For example, could I get the golden fishing rod twice if I have a full encyclopedia of the fish and I talk to Chip during two different fishing tourneys?

One other question: how does villager trading work?

For the first question, no. Each character can only receive each golden tool once. For the second question, you can talk to villagers who are moving out ("in boxes") from other people's towns to get them to move to your town. People sell villagers by making other people pay for the right to talk to villagers to get the villagers to move to their towns.

For the first question, no. Each character can only receive each golden tool once. For the second question, you can talk to villagers who are moving out ("in boxes") from other people's towns to get them to move to your town. People sell villagers by making other people pay for the right to talk to villagers to get the villagers to move to their towns.

So they can't just talk to the villager before they're moving out? They have to be moving out? I just want Jitters and Rocket out ASAP. I cannot stand them!

Last edited:

The only thing that comes to mind is the denim type jeans. Because they go with most shirts.

Okay, I don't feel like reading through the hundreds of pages so I'll just go ahead and say this

I've read that Amiibo card villagers can move out naturally, but what about the special ones like wolf link and cece, and the welcome amiibo new cards 50 amiibo

Also, say I move in a villager via amiibo and (s)he replaces one of my regular villagers, can I still get that villager that moved out via spotpass or something?

thanks for the help ahead of time o3o

I assume you mean streetpass. You would need to do the 16 villager cycle, if you don't have the amiibo card of the villager that moves out.

@Sour of Abnaxus I meant like they move out of my town because I moved an amiibo card in, could another town get the villager via streetpass on another 3ds

Ok, I haven't been following the discussion about amiibo cards so I'm back with more questions.

1. Is it true that amiibo card villagers move out naturally only if there's at least 8 of them in your town? Or is it just much less likely for them to move out naturally, without having to kick them out with another amiibo?
2. Can another player get an amiibo card villager from someone's void?
3. If it's true that you need to have 8 amiibo card villagers in your town for them to ask to move out, does that apply to voided amiibo card villagers too? What I mean is, could you receive an amiibo card villager from someone's void and be stuck with them forever?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Ok, I haven't been following the discussion about amiibo cards so I'm back with more questions.

1. Is it true that amiibo card villagers move out naturally only if there's at least 8 of them in your town? Or is it just much less likely for them to move out naturally, without having to kick them out with another amiibo?
2. Can another player get an amiibo card villager from someone's void?
3. If it's true that you need to have 8 amiibo card villagers in your town for them to ask to move out, does that apply to voided amiibo card villagers too? What I mean is, could you receive an amiibo card villager from someone's void and be stuck with them forever?

Thanks!

1. Well, I used to have 5 villagers who came from scanning WA cards, 2 villagers from scanning amiibo figurine, 1 starting villager, 1 random move-in and 1 from WA but got her through adoption. Only three of them had pinged me to move (the starting villager, the random and the one I got from adoption. They are Erik, Fuchsia and Sylvana).

I changed it a bit and currently have 9 who came from either scanning the cards or figurine plus that WA villager I got from adoption (Sylvana). So right now, Wolf Link also pinged me to move just a few days ago. So yeah, there might be some truth that they'll only move out naturally if your town is full or almost full of villagers that you got from scanning amiibo. "My" Sylvana's case is weird if not, special (I'll get into that shortly).

2. I'm not sure about this but there might be a chance to get them from void if the original owner of that amiibo villager got him/her through adoption from someone's town.

3. Like I said, Sylvana's case is special. She acts like the old/previous villagers (pre-amiibo) who keeps pinging me to move out every now and then even though she is a villager from WA because I got her through adoption from someone's town. Maybe if I decide to move her out, someone could possibly get her from my void. So I guess if you want to play it safe, adopt them instead of getting them from cards (except Sanrio, special characters, etc.) though this whole thing doesn't bother me, personally.

So post-update - does demolishing your original bridge and building a new one instead still count against your PWP count?

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, you can have 30 PWPs max. If you don't demolish your original bridge, it doesn't count against the 30 max.

I don't care for my original bridge's placement, so I'd like to demolish it.

Interesting, thanks a bunch! I see now that my questions were flawed because I assumed similar rules apply to villagers that originate from cards regardless of whether you've scanned them in yourself or gotten them from adoption, but you answered exactly what I wanted to know nevertheless! I've been worried about adopting card villagers because I thought I wouldn't be able to kick them out since I don't have cards myself, but it seems I've been worrying for nothing. Awesome, thanks!

So post-update - does demolishing your original bridge and building a new one instead still count against your PWP count?

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, you can have 30 PWPs max. If you don't demolish your original bridge, it doesn't count against the 30 max.

I don't care for my original bridge's placement, so I'd like to demolish it.

i am pretty sure it does count

@Sour of Abnaxus I meant like they move out of my town because I moved an amiibo card in, could another town get the villager via streetpass on another 3ds

Oh! Yes. I assume that that would be possible. It should work like a normal move-out.

Last edited:
Is there a way to stop getting the crazy "bedhead" hair after not being active for more than 15 days?

when I started playing acnl, I sold a bunch of the ice series to the tiny Nooks and made a lot of bells, and a quick google of the ice series says it's a great way to make money, but this winter the tiny Nooks won't buy my furniture??? was there an update in the welcome amiibo stuff that I haven't heard about or something? I'm so broke. just take my garbage, guys.

Back