• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Does Turnips price remains the same at a specific time and date, say it will always be 200 bells on 01/01/14?

So when i TT to that date the price will always be the same.

Which time is the best for turnips price? morning or noon?

Thanks

No, once a day passes, the price will change and you can't get it back.

ie. Monday's price is 200, Monday passes and Tuesday's price is 120. You TT back to Monday, the price will not be 200 anymore. Likewise, Tuesday's price will also change to something different if you go back to that day.

The only way to keep a turnip price is if you never let the day pass (or if it's a morning price, don't let the time pass 12PM).

For your second part of the question, I don't think it matters whether it's morning or noon, neither is better or worse. Your town's turnip prices follows a trend every week, and that determines the prices you will get.

Thanks Jennifer! Two more questions-

1) Can you "use up" the bubble wand like some other special handhelds (like the sparkling cider after a few sips)?

2) Will clovers disappear like flowers if you trample them?

1) Nope. It's forever. So are the beans, which I recommend if you don't have them. Fun and fun to make your villagers' eyes get big.

2) I don't think so, but I've never run over them.

Nope, has to be a character in your town. Not from another town.

Jakerz - Not the right forum for this... but you need to hit Edit and go to the Advanced Editor for that.

Ras - Considering it does save checks, it might not work--but I can't say for sure.
Aww, ok thanks.

Can a villager move out before an event? If they can, how many days?
e.g: Let's say that it is 2 days before...a fishing tourney and you performed the 2 days forward and backward method to try and TT a villager out. Will they ping you to move or no one moves?
(I know for a fact that villagers can't move in on an event day? Correct me if I'm wrong?)

Thanks Jennifer! Two more questions-

1) Can you "use up" the bubble wand like some other special handhelds (like the sparkling cider after a few sips)?

2) Will clovers disappear like flowers if you trample them?

You're welcome.

1. Nope--Bubble Wands are infinite.
2. No they won't.

Sidewalk - Kinda. It depends. If it's hit 6AM on a day, then if you turn back time, the turnip prices will be different. If it's like...5AM and you go back to 2PM of that day (making sure to change the date back), then it's fine. The only things that stay the same when time traveling back is the special visitor there for the day.

As for if morning or afternoon is better, I've had high prices for both (Over 500 in each) so there's not really anything that makes one better than the other.

KitsuneNikki - They can move on events in this game--at least I've had some move out on my Alt Game during events. But yeah, they can move out before an event too.

Do you mean you visited a town with a voided villager unknowingly, and then on the same day asked a villager to move in (from campsite or another town)? If so then yes, you will get the villager you invited and the voided one will not move in. Invites take precedence over random move-ins AND in the case of multiple invites the last one will take precedence over the others.

Stalfos - Properly adopting one should overwrite the chance of a voided villager moving in.

Thanks. :) I managed to adopt Maple without any problems. Her plot is now in my town.

No. Only if they are officially in boxes will another villager ask.

Stalfos - Properly adopting one should overwrite the chance of a voided villager moving in.\

BonsaiFreak - Gyroids don't effect it. Fossils don't effect it either.

Sour of Abnaxus - The issue was the Rotten Fruit--not the other fruit. Rotten Fruit is considered trash so.

I don't think one rotten fruit would count so harshly against town status. And just to be sure, I just double checked whether perfect fruits count as trash, and they do. I asked about citizen satisfaction before and after dropping 9 individual perfect apples, and sure enough, they made me go from perfect to so-so and then perfect again, after picking them up.

Thanks Jennifer.

One more question, i have TT more than 16 villagers to the void, about a week ago.

However till now i still didn't see any of them in my camp site. Roughly how long more till they start appearing?
Thx

Hey, could someone help me out?

There was this person camping in my town, called Hopper. He was a nice penguin, so he asked if he should move into my town. As I didn't have any penguins yet, why not? So around 6 AM, I said yes to him.
That's before I met the new neighbour Flo. She is a penguin as well. In the upcoming days, I will have two penguins AND two bulls (from original villagers)!
Is there a way to stop him from moving into my town? Or is it inevitable? :(

Thanks Jennifer.

One more question, i have TT more than 16 villagers to the void, about a week ago.

However till now i still didn't see any of them in my camp site. Roughly how long more till they start appearing?
Thx

They may never appear; getting to the end of the 16-villager cycle doesn't mean that they will. It just means that you can get them to move back through an invitation or a random move-in. The chance of any particular villager appearing in your campsite is still the same (pretty small) for your former villagers.

Do the fruit and non fruit trees have the same leaves throughout the seasons? I'm just talking about the two trees that look the same, exception of one that grows fruit. I'm asking this, because I'm just curious if I should buy saplings from leif so I can get the pretty spring trees, or if I plant fruits, I'll end up with the pink trees with fruit on them.

I don't think one rotten fruit would count so harshly against town status. And just to be sure, I just double checked whether perfect fruits count as trash, and they do. I asked about citizen satisfaction before and after dropping 9 individual perfect apples, and sure enough, they made me go from perfect to so-so and then perfect again, after picking them up.

They would. Any trash makes it instantly drop. Similarly, 10 items or more on the ground will cause issues. I had a friend with Perfect Fruit on their ground and everything was fine (still perfect) so that's really odd.

Sidewalk - It's random. Snow pretty much said it... It just opens the ability for you to get one to move in--not guarantees them to suddenly appear in the campsite.

Louis - Only way would be to fill your town before his plot gets put down--though, since he's supposed to, the game may not let you invite someone else despite "space"

Neriifur - They do look different more often than not. They do have times where they look the same though.

They would. Any trash makes it instantly drop. Similarly, 10 items or more on the ground will cause issues. I had a friend with Perfect Fruit on their ground and everything was fine (still perfect) so that's really odd.

I do have a few other things on the ground, so it was them +9 perfect fruits. I just dropped all 9 before checking with Isabelle so I wouldn't have to run back and forth every time I dropped one. You can of course have a few laying around without it hurting your town status, just like with other items.

I'm not sure if this can be answered here or if it needs a whole thread, but I'll post here to be safe.

It's reaching the time for me to let my starter villagers move away, as soon as I get their pictures. However, I'm not sure if I should try to give them away or simply void them because their houses are totally trashed and not-original. I've seen people value a villager's original house pretty highly, so... would it be a waste of time if I tried putting up "giving away [insert unpopular/average/slightly popular villager name]" threads in the Villager Trading Plaza?

I'm not sure if this can be answered here or if it needs a whole thread, but I'll post here to be safe.

It's reaching the time for me to let my starter villagers move away, as soon as I get their pictures. However, I'm not sure if I should try to give them away or simply void them because their houses are totally trashed and not-original. I've seen people value a villager's original house pretty highly, so... would it be a waste of time if I tried putting up "giving away [insert unpopular/average/slightly popular villager name]" threads in the Villager Trading Plaza?

You should try and see if anyone bites. Some people do like a villagers house unchanged, but most people with dreamies won't care about that. c:

I wouldnt think so. Some people do like the original housing and such, but unless you specify that theyre all original I believe its assumed they arent.

Thanks again for the answers, guys!

This probably would be a new thread kind of question, but I'll try to answer it anyway. :) I think it depends on the popularity of the villager, ie. if it's a highly sought after villager, I'm sure most people would be willing to look past the non-original furniture.

Still, I have given away Shep with unoriginal furniture and clothing, and he's not incredibly popular or anything. Just state clearly in the first post and see if there are any takers. :)

You should try and see if anyone bites. Some people do like a villagers house unchanged, but most people with dreamies won't care about that. c:

This probably would be a new thread kind of question, but I'll try to answer it anyway. :) I think it depends on the popularity of the villager, ie. if it's a highly sought after villager, I'm sure most people would be willing to look past the non-original furniture.

Still, I have given away Shep with unoriginal furniture and clothing, and he's not incredibly popular or anything. Just state clearly in the first post and see if there are any takers. :)

I wouldnt think so. Some people do like the original housing and such, but unless you specify that theyre all original I believe its assumed they arent.

Thanks guys! I'll try, and maybe I'll add pictures of what their houses currently look like.

Back