• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Hey I missed a couple of aquatic creatures for my museum. (I got the game on Dec 20th and didn't check the wikia to see what all spawned in the month.) If I TT back to December, will it count as one day if I TT from now to December 15th, or will it count as several days and cause my villagers to go into boxes? Will it destroy my friendship with my villagers? I read somewhere that if you TT once no matter to what time only counts as a day, so I wanted to double check before I did something possibly horrible.

Last edited:
@Neriifur: TTing backwards counts as one day, but forwards counts each day separately. So backwards should be no problem, but getting forward is more difficult. If you want to make a forward jump, do it either day by day, checking for villagers wanting to move, or - which others said before is safe - wait until someone pings to move, make them stay, save and make the huge jump. From what I've heard no one should move then.

Now for my question/problem: No one in my town wants to move anymore.

The last villager who had pinged me was Ren?e on January 2nd. I told her to stay since I want others out badly (bridge troubles, yo), but since then, no one has pinged and I also get no rumors of someone wanting to move. I'm at 10 villagers and, of course, now also paranoid that I miss someone moving, but there's seriously no one trying to. No clue what's going on. I don't TT, so it takes a long while to get villagers out anyway and I really wanna build my third bridge this century, so what's wrong with my villagers?

Last edited:
Now for my question/problem: No one in my town wants to move anymore.

The last villager who had pinged me was Ren?e on January 2nd. I told her to stay since I want others out badly (bridge troubles, yo), but since then, no one has pinged and I also get no rumors of someone wanting to move. I'm at 10 villagers and, of course, now also paranoid that I miss someone moving, but there's seriously no one trying to. No clue what's going on. I don't TT, so it takes a long while to get villagers out anyway and I really wanna build my third bridge this century, so what's wrong with my villagers?

I can't imagine, but possibly your villagers are all in the middle of the "friendship ladder" with you? I have read that only those at the top and bottom of the ladder want to move. Try working on one specific villager and aggressively befriend them, maybe that will work?

I want to clairify something, so sorry if it's been asked before. If you ask a villager from another town to move in, and she'll bring you to ten villagers, does that mean no other villager can move in before she's plotted?

I understand you're tying to be helpful, but honestly this thread is just a cluttered piece of ****.

Half of the questions in the posts are pointless, like

- How many items can I carry in my pocket?
It's answered simply by looking at your pockets...

Is there burqa in this game?
ok seriously, what are the chances of someone asking that.

I'm sure there are more but I really can not be bothered reading through the entire posts just to find out what pointless stuff has been posted.

Like yes, I understand you've gone through the old thread and pulled out the questions, and then put then into a few posts, instead of having to swarm through hundreds of pages in a thread to find your question but i mean is it really that hard to ask the question again?

Not to mention it'd take forever to actually look for your question... I mean, studies show that only about 90% of people actually know about ctrl + f, and of those 10% that know how to use it, what are the chances that the question they're looking for is worded accordingly to be searched for?

Tbh you should probably reserve the first post for quick links, and have each post after sorted into categories. Ie; post 1 would have all the categories/headings of question type, such as 'main street questions' and then clicking that would take you to post #whatever, which would be filled with all questions about main street. From there, there should be categories under each shop in main street, with the Q&A's to everything under each respective heading, then the same for every other thing.

Tbh it just seems pointless, and looks like you're making super long pointless squashed posts just to get more TBT bells to buy collectibles.

sorry if this post seems harsh but I mean, like I said, I get you're doing this for convince, but it's not any more convenient than posting your question in the Q&A thread, because it's too hard to search for something in the posts, because there's no flow - I'd much rather post a question in a thread which takes a good couple of seconds instead of wasting my time reading through a **** tonne of posts that are cluttered and might not even answer my question.

lol Jennifer needs bells.

Sure she does. LOL.

I want to clairify something, so sorry if it's been asked before. If you ask a villager from another town to move in, and she'll bring you to ten villagers, does that mean no other villager can move in before she's plotted?

In my experience, since she's guaranteed to move in from that town to yours, then no other villager can move in, since the game already has the villager data planned to be in your town.

How do people upload their images from the game on imgur? Through their 3DS? I tried uploading it via i.nintendo.net through Tumblr/Facebook, but on the Animal Crossing subreddit everyone uses imgur. How do I use it as well?

Also another questions, I see alot of people talking about their 'dreamies'. Are those villagers you really want to have in your town? Or does it have connections with the Dream Suite? There is also a 'trade forum' for these said villagers. You can trade them now? How? How do I get my villager that wants to move to another person's town? Slapping him with a net until he is dissatisfied?

Much questions, sorry.

Dreamies are just villagers people want badly. When one of them is moving, you go to the town and talk to them when their house is filled with moving boxes. Suggest they move to your town and they are yours. You have to have fewer than 10 villagers.

One of your villagers should want to move about every five days. It's largely random. Please don't hit the animals.

How do people upload their images from the game on imgur? Through their 3DS? I tried uploading it via i.nintendo.net through Tumblr/Facebook, but on the Animal Crossing subreddit everyone uses imgur. How do I use it as well?

Also another questions, I see alot of people talking about their 'dreamies'. Are those villagers you really want to have in your town? Or does it have connections with the Dream Suite? There is also a 'trade forum' for these said villagers. You can trade them now? How? How do I get my villager that wants to move to another person's town? Slapping him with a net until he is dissatisfied?

Much questions, sorry.

Go to webrender.net/imgur in your 3ds browser to upload to imgur. Super useful :)

Yes, "dreamies" are the villagers you want really badly. No connection to the dream suite. When a villager is in boxes, someone can come and talk to them to invite them to live in their town. I don't think bullying makes them want to move sooner. Might as well befriend them and hope that they'll get enough of you and your town soon. There are various theories of how to make villagers want to move.

I read all the questions but didn't see this: Since I gave away a villager today, there is a sign on his door saying moved out. Since his actual house will be gone tomorrow, is it safe to get another villager from another player? Will it's plot appear tomorrow or will it go in to the void? (I had 10 villagers but currently there only 9 but Drago's house is still there making it 10?) Sorry if it's confusing but in case someone comes up who I really want, I want to be able to get them.

@Benmjy
I would've TT'ed to the next day so that the house is gone and it's 9 villagers then get the new villager if I were you

My Question:
I have 9 villagers and I'm TT'ing day by day. My 10th villager moved out yesterday but if I have 9 villagers, will one of the 9 want to move out or is it completely random?

My Question:
I have 9 villagers and I'm TT'ing day by day. My 10th villager moved out yesterday but if I have 9 villagers, will one of the 9 want to move out or is it completely random?

Villagers will still want to move periodically when you have 9, if that's what you're asking.

Yeah, I was asking that if I have 9 villagers in my town, will one of them request to move.
I thought the game automatically forces you with 9??

Having 9 villagers is a lot like having 10, except you might get a town crasher via wifi or streetpass when you have 9. Both at 9 and 10, villagers will want to move from time to time.

I read all the questions but didn't see this: Since I gave away a villager today, there is a sign on his door saying moved out. Since his actual house will be gone tomorrow, is it safe to get another villager from another player? Will it's plot appear tomorrow or will it go in to the void? (I had 10 villagers but currently there only 9 but Drago's house is still there making it 10?) Sorry if it's confusing but in case someone comes up who I really want, I want to be able to get them.

You can't adopt a villager as long as the house is still there and makes a total of 10 houses -- I actually tested this out once to be sure. The subject won't even come up if you talk to a camper or villager in boxes. Like Kitsune says, if someone comes up you want to adopt, you'll need to tt forward one day to clear out the house, then you can adopt them.

What time does the igloo/tent go away? There was a camper in my town today, when I TT'd to 5:55AM of the same day, it was gone.

Ohh, I was just being stupid, meant to TT to Saturday morning, not the same day. >.> Thanks!

So I'm trying to get Zucker to move. I introduced myself and I keep tting one day, talking to a villager, then tting to the next day. I've ttd at least a month now, so why isn't Zucker moved? I've ignored him completly!

How come whenever I invite an animal over or they ask me to come over they always say they forgot? Is it random?

Back