• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

This is something I could've tried myself for years but never thought to test. Does anyone know offhand whether you can find the rare Tortimer's Island items (treasure chest, different colored wetsuits, etc.) via local co-op with two of your own 3DS consoles or does it have to be with other, long distance, players?
I do not think so, at the very least it must be very rare. I believe that all of the alternate wetsuits (other than the black and dark green ones) are exclusive to the Club Tortimer Island. I have encountered the silver axe on my own Tortimer Island but all of the other items are extremely rare. I got most of them by cycling through Club Tortimer before the hackers a long time ago. Your Tortimer Island wares are only generated once per day while using C.T you can island hop and get everything fairly quick! Sadly, its unsafe now.....

I do not think so, at the very least it must be very rare. I believe that all of the alternate wetsuits (other than the black and dark green ones) are exclusive to the Club Tortimer Island. I have encountered the silver axe on my own Tortimer Island but all of the other items are extremely rare. I got most of them by cycling through Club Tortimer before the hackers a long time ago. Your Tortimer Island wares are only generated once per day while using C.T you can island hop and get everything fairly quick! Sadly, its unsafe now.....
Figured as much, though disappointing nonetheless. Alas. Thank you for the answer!

Back