• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Artists: do you feel you have a signature color scheme?

Do you?

• Yeah

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Nah

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • I’m not an artist but I wanted to vote for stardust

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Drawdler

Profile comments open to water flowers 💐✨
Bells
Switch
4463-2469-1897
Island
Gondwana
White Pansy
White Pansy
Purple Violet
White Violet
Yellow Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Golden Watering Can
I always feel like I go for a lot of blues/purples with warm lighting, and so I feel like purple/blue/yellow triadic became my main color scheme. I really gotta shake it up more. Always felt coloring green tones was hard because the exact hues are so difficult, green just feels like it’s in the middle of everything already.

Yeah, I'm still figuring out my colouring style but I've definitely always leant more towards warm lighting with lots of browns regardless of the actual colour scheme of the piece. I think it ties everything together nicely! For actual colours I tend to go through phases of using one dominant colour more than others.

My signature wasn't made by me but it's obviously a blue color scheme, so I voted yes.

I actually draw alot of black and white. Im practicing other colors but most of my drawings outside of the ones here are in black and white. Like i color with greys, and black for texture. Esspecially for what im currently working on

But yeah. Black, white, and grey. The only time I use color is to post stuff here. Or the occasional drawing.

Voted nah bc I don't actually... draw enough to have a color scheme imo... but I think I always try to draw my island rep wearing mostly colors that are harmonious with blue because they work well with the blue bear hood! So I guess subject matter is really important to me in determining whether or not I use a scheme.

I have a few go-tos. I tend to shade skin with pink and purple, line with bright red and highlight with turquoise. The last step of any drawing is a white-yellow-orange-black gradient overlay to intensify colours. I rarely change the last step!

I am following this thread to learn from you all. 🙏💜
I thought a bit more about why this color scheme and it’s something I knew and thought about earlier, but I lost the words to it getting so intuitive haha. Yellow/orange for vivid light, blue for stuff in shade, and purple works like a shade with some color bounced back on that isn’t too cold. I totally need to mix this up. Warm shading is really something I never experiment with. I’m kind of afraid of more overwhelmingly cold palettes coz I love having many diff color temparatures in art (ps1 spyro mastered this and is one of my original inspirations for coloring) and really I should practice more monochrome stuff. I know it can be a lot more interesting and I haven’t learned it. It just seems so scary and hard to walk that fine line and I feel the coloring could easily get more boring.

My love for purple shade also doesn’t help me with drawing greens because when you mix it over green it looks a lot muddier. Whoops but like at least with yellows I feel I can turn the shading to red (which I did on my avatar for camp). subsurface scattering makes that believable enough. I really should just switch to using blue to shade greens because when ive tried it actually kinda works. Particularly if theres a blue sky on grass or something it artistically just makes sense to have blue shadows.

my coloring scheme generally leans toward using bright and saturated colors, and I also use congruent colors to shade/highlight for that nice pop! I've always been a fan of really colorful art (prob bc one of my biggest inspirations is Super Mario art hehe) so that's the way I go 💕

I have a favorite color scheme (bright and saturated rainbow) that I’ve used in my art before but it’s not frequent anymore.

Back