• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Are you still playing ACNH?

How often do you still play ACNH?

• Daily.

Votes: 35 23.0%
  • Few days a week.

Votes: 29 19.1%
  • Few times a month.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Only when there's an in-game holiday/event that needs the game (such as TBT events).

Votes: 19 12.5%
  • I stopped playing.

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Sporadically, only when I feel like it.

Votes: 37 24.3%

• Total voters

Rosch

the best loaf
Ha-Cha!
Bells
The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 Patch
Camp Bell Tree 2023 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2022 Patch
Camp Bell Tree 2021 Patch
The Bell Tree World Championship 2021 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
I know there's been threads like these. But I've still decided to make one.
ANYway... I play the game daily. Not skipping a single day since launch date... until recently.

In the past two weeks, I found myself no longer interested in playing the game. Not because of burnout. But I guess I just totally lost interest. I stopped looking for new villagers. I no longer participate in in-game holidays. After I load the game, I read my mail, change my clothes, then run a lap around the island talking to any villager I meet, then quit the game.

I wanna stop playing the game completely. But a part of me wants to keep going. It's just a game, yes. But my mind keeps thinking about the weeds and villagers, despite knowing the fact that I can ask Leif for cleanup and that villagers cannot leave the island without my consent. I worry for no reason. Anyone else feels like this?

I got the game at launch and still have my original island. I still have plans for it but have definitely stopped playing it daily a while back.

Happy Home Paradise brought me back for a little bit - I did finish it with one of my characters but didn’t really play much beyond that to make use of the new features it unlocks on your island.

Hopefully when I don’t want to play like 4 other games I’ll get back to it. I want to finish the DLC with my other 4 characters and then finish decorating each of their houses. I love the outside decor of my island but the interior is seriously lacking.

Oh yeah I did hop on last Halloween as a friend wanted a bunch of us to “get together” via voice chat and mess around in game. It was fun but that’s probably the last time I played the game.

Still playing daily. Got two goals I still want to accomplish:
1) have every villager live on my island and get their posters at Harv's photo studio. That will take a few years probably.
2) max out my ABD savings

I've only played NH maybe 3 or 4 times since around a week after the 2.0 update released, and I haven't played regularly since late September 2020. Unfortunately, the 2.0 update came out way too late to save the game for me, and NH remains by far my least played main series Animal Crossing game.

That's a very drastic yes and no split; I didn't expect that. When I had stopped playing, I ONLY checked like once a week or to trade items. So for 2023, I decided to absolutely restart my island and rebuild EVERYTHING ground up, and I feel like it brought back so much of the fun I lost after having every single DIY, catalog item, and 'dreamy' villagers. I'm having a lot more fun playing the way I am now, and it really rejuvenated my love for the game.

My only problem now is that I want to spend all my free time playing 🙃

I haven’t been playing a whole lot recently. I think I should probably reset again - if only New Horizons was like New Leaf and I could just buy another cartridge…

i haven’t played since february. i honestly haven’t even really turned my switch on since then, either lol. i’ve just been so busy and tired that i haven’t had the time or desire to play. i’ve also been burnt out since i flattened my island 🥴 i miss playing and will probably go back to it eventually, but right now i’m just focusing on other things.

The only reason I stopped playing for maybe like a half a year was because I was playing other games and trying playing more than 3 games wigs me out with the controls. Like Splatoon 3 to ACNH got me backwards for a bit with the controllers, haha.

I am back playing again because I never officially finished my island; I had this one blank quadrant sitting there. I used it a lot for previous TBT events but HHP is a good substitute, so I continued again. Even areas I was satisfied with, I updated with new items and even made more custom designs which I hate/love.

I'm not sure what advice I can give you though. Maybe because it was constant repetition and a routine when you did play, to suddenly stop or come to a halt, is sorta wigging out your brain? That's a tough one.

I've stopped playing around the release of Scarlet/Violet and just...have not found the motivation to start playing again or even reset my island. I want to pick NH up again, but I just can't.

I stopped playing for a while and then decided to restart my island. I'm not playing as much as launch and only come back to play for a couple a days before another long break.

To be honest, I think I'm enjoying my second island more now that I'm not constantly looking at other people's fully decorated islands.

I still have my island from day one most days I’m only playing for half an hour each day when I can.

I either play in the morning or late at night and most of the time I’m just redecorating my island, fishing, catching bugs and going shopping as I’m trying to buy all the clothes 😂

Other than that on weekends or days off I play for a bit longer 😊

stopped playing regularly (like on an almost daily basis) around June 2020, and have since had this incredibly sporadic playing pattern where I'll sink dozens of hours into the game over the span of one or two weeks and then not touch it for months. thinking about it now, I play most games like this lol

I went through a period where I stopped playing for months. I just had other games to play but lately I've been focused on decorating my island and cleaning up the flower hell I created a year ago lol so I've been playing multiple times a week.

Sporadically. I just picked it up again after not playing for 9 months (according to my villagers). Played for two days and haven't since. I still have a lot I want to achieve in game though, but after so many hours playing and years waiting it kinda gets frustrating that I still don't have the DIYs I'd like to complete my island exactly as I want to. So I drop the game again, but I know I'll be back. :)

Daily. I still play (almost) everyday. I have done 4 remodels of my island. I have never reset. I really enjoy the game as it’s my first foray into the Animal Crossing world, so I have nothing to compare it to. I got the game (and switch) about halfway through the pandemic so didn’t start right away, but have put in a TON of hours since then. For me the game is absolutely wonderful! Of course there are things I wish were different, especially the missing furniture, but overall I love the game!

I'm still playing every day. I've always played AC in real time, just taking things day to day, so there are still some little things for me to finish up. I'm still missing two dresses from my catalogue, a few rugs from Sahara, a couple of things from Gulliver. I still need four DIYs, I have three Nook Mile Achievements to get. And I still want to get every colour of every item in my catalogue, which I do by customising a few items every day into every possible colour ...

There are a few sections of my island that I half-decorated years ago then ran out of ideas so I've been working on those lately. The new items from the 2.0 update really created so many more possibilities ... I also have a large farm area, with five 3x3 plots of each of the "new" crops, but I really don't need that many crops anymore, so I'm thinking of changing that up completely ...

PLUS I have my own personal goals, like maxing out my Nook Miles and bank account, and collecting every villager photo and poster in the game [this will take years !!] ...

I suppose, if you're not a collector or completionist, there would be little to do now, but I'm both of those things !!

I answered "only when I feel like it" because thats how I truly feel. Honestly, I'm now ready for the next game. Sort of over the island life now and ready for a nice city or town.
I feel the same and its random with me. Sometimes I feel like I want to play the game but other times I don't feel like it.

Back