Are you still happy with...? PART 7: Your Peninsula

What does your peninsula look like (see below) and would you change it?

• Big Round (1) - I'm happy with it

Votes: 31 20.9%
  • Big Round (1) - I'd like to change it

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Small Round (2) - I'm happy with it

Votes: 21 14.2%
  • Small Round (2) - I'd like to change it

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • Wavy (3) - I'm happy with it

Votes: 21 14.2%
  • Wavy (3) - I'd like to change it

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • Straight Bottom (4) - I'm happy with it

Votes: 12 8.1%
  • Straight Bottom (4) - I'd like to change it

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • Straight Top (5) - I'm happy with it

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Straight Top (5) - I'd like to change it

Votes: 14 9.5%

• Total voters
I lucked out and got the big, round peninsula but never really did anything with it cause I figured it was there for an in-game reason (similar to the secret beach). But since its been this long without any news and I feel bad leaving it to get overrun by flowers I've been meaning to do something better with it soon. Plus looking at the first post it seems like it probably doesn't have an in-game purpose since not everyone's peninsula is the same size or shape. So I'm probably going to move my island rep's house there so that 1) I don't have to worry about decorating a front yard for her since there won't be enough space anyway and 2) to open up some island space since I don't use the beach areas anyway.

I’m pretty sure I have the small round one, and I’m perfectly content with it uwu. It’s nice because I could still put my lighthouse there and add little overgrown plants and such to it. To be honest, if I could’ve gone for the big round one, I likely would have, but either way it wasn’t a deal breaker. C:

I have a straight top and I really, from the bottom of my being, dislike it and it's location :/ Would have much rather had the big round but my idiot brain didn't account for it because everything else was perfect...sigh

It's got such weird proportions that nothing I try to decorate it with works, it's always too cramped looking or too empty-- it gives me a headache trying to decorate it so It's just empty

I hate the peninsulas. Honestly maybe because I can't find ways to decorate it. I got the most awkward shape as well

I have the wavy one (3). I don’t mind it at all; I still have enough room for a lighthouse on a terraformed cliff there, and palm trees around it. I definitely couldn’t see me reset for something so small. All I really cared about while looking for a town was a blue airport, apples, and a West/South river mouth.

got the straight (lol) top

never had a problem with it before, but I'm more satisfied with. now that I finally got it decorated a few days ago

I have a small round one and I'm pretty content with it, I think I'll make a small picnic place there or something like it, seems like it would be a good match c:

I don't even know what peninsula I have lmao but I feel like I'm cool with it. I mean I don't think I've decorated it or done anything with it, because I haven't really touched my beaches. The only thing that’s on them is flowers that i’m storing for decor

I've got a straight top peninsula, and honestly I never thought much about my peninsula either way. Right now I have a cliff built out on the widest part of the peninsula and then a ground level gap and another small round cliff on the other side. my path runs between the two cliffs onto the beach on the other side, and I'm pleased with that.

but I'm glad got a peninsula that has room to do terraforming!!

I have straight top peninsula. I didn’t really decorate it it much, but I love how it looks. This area is one of my favorites on my island.

My island is full of straight paths so I’m glad I got one of the the peninsulas that is straighter.
I was able to place a villager home near it and have a nice cliff next to it.

Others are too round, and I feel like I would struggle a little there.
When selecting my map ,I didn’t really choose the peninsula, but I’m happy I got a nice one.

It also nicely separates my beaches. I like decorating them differently, and the peninsula since I added a cliff, actually cuts that area in my map in half.

Last edited:
I have a straight top peninsula and I'm happy with its shape and location on my island, I've not fully decided how it will be decorated but it currently has a lighthouse at the end, two rocks which spawned on it and a pool just off to the side. I'd looked at some island maps online before I started the game to try and get an idea on which one I wanted but I hadn't actually considered the peninsulas (was mainly looking at the rivers) so it took me a long time to realise there were other types, seeing the others now I think the big round one looks good too but I'm happy with the one I have.

I got the big round and I wish I could change it. I was pretty disappointed that I couldn't fit my campsite on it. I think I'd like the straight top best.

I got a straight top one, which is not that bad, however the space is a bit limit and I'm not sure what I should do with it. I kinda wish I would have got a big round one.

I wanted to move my campsite to the peninsula but the peninsula is a little too small. It's a bummer. When choosing island maps, I hardly ever think about the peninsula and I don't recall being offered one that is large enough for a building but it would be cool.

i’ve got the wavy peninsula and while i don’t hate it, i definitely would’ve preferred a big round one. >_<

Big round peninsula and the small one are the nicest in my opinion. Others are quite difficult to decorate, I think. I really dislike the shape. So I have the small one and I think it's okay (even if it's not perfect but could be worse) and I'm sure I'll do something nice with it!
Actually I was looking for a island with a correct peninsula. When I saw the others in previous islands... no, please.

Back