• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Are you still happy with...? PART 7: Your Peninsula

What does your peninsula look like (see below) and would you change it?

• Big Round (1) - I'm happy with it

Votes: 31 20.9%
  • Big Round (1) - I'd like to change it

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Small Round (2) - I'm happy with it

Votes: 21 14.2%
  • Small Round (2) - I'd like to change it

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • Wavy (3) - I'm happy with it

Votes: 21 14.2%
  • Wavy (3) - I'd like to change it

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • Straight Bottom (4) - I'm happy with it

Votes: 12 8.1%
  • Straight Bottom (4) - I'd like to change it

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • Straight Top (5) - I'm happy with it

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Straight Top (5) - I'd like to change it

Votes: 14 9.5%

• Total voters
I don't reset and got the Straight Bottom Peninsula #4 in March, which I think is one of the smallest ones looking at the rest of the pics. Although sometimes I do wish that I had one of the bigger peninsulas so I could build cliffs around it and do a small passage way in between like I've seen some people do online (or put my house on it), I am happy with how I ended up decorating it. Here is a picture from a few months ago, I added some custom designs since but the overall furniture layout is the same :)

EZ3cbDSUcAEI2jd.jpeg

I don't have strong feelings about most of the topics you've asked about so far - I largely like my island, and so much is changeable anyway.

But this. I have I think literally the tiniest peninsula possible. It's like... 8 squares. I can sit the lighthouse on it and *just* walk around it. And perfectly rectangular. I didn't know there was another option until weeeeks after the game was out, and I'd put in too much work by then (and certainly have now). I just can't really do anything with such a little nub :[

Mine is the straight bottom one and I don’t like it. Its too small to do anything with it. I just made it a picnic spot with a log table and a bench, and they barely fit. I wanted to put a house there like I’ve seen on other islands, but I can’t. Other than my resident services location, this is probably the one thing I really dislike about my island.

I have the big round on my new island. I'm happy with it. On my last island I had the wavy one and I found it a bit too difficult to decorate, although I managed to make it work.

I have the wavy one & I like it! I have Genji’s house plus a pagoda on it, and it’s next to my bamboo forest / hot springs area. I probably couldn’t have it placed Genji’s house if it was any thinner, it barely fits his house 😆

I have a wavy one. I'm totally neutral about it. I never had any plans for the peninsula regardless of what size I got. Because it's facing the west shore, I may just set up a nice sunset watching area on it with trees and flowers.

I have the wavy peninsula facing east and don't like anything about it. It's too far north, so there's a cliff right in front of it... it's narrow to the point of barely being able to fit a lighthouse, and there's very little beach area ahead and after it. I'd actually prefer no peninsula at all.

I get jealous seeing others with cliffs and waterfalls and mine so small and difficult. Maybe I just need to accept the lighthouse doesn't fit on a cliff and do something else with it.

I think mine is #2? I don't love it, but I don't really hate it either. I just don't really know what to do with it.

I have the wavy one & I like it! I have Genji’s house plus a pagoda on it, and it’s next to my bamboo forest / hot springs area. I probably couldn’t have it placed Genji’s house if it was any thinner, it barely fits his house 😆

I have the same set up! Minus the villager house. Wavy peninsula, with a pagoda on it, next to a bamboo forest and hot springs! I love it!!

Got Straight Bottom. I made my peninsula into an elevated cliff face, with a Lighthouse on top and surrounded by sharp rocks, it's pretty neat. A good lookout for balloons too.

I have the straight top one which is on my East side and I just find it awkward. It’s in an awkward place for me to terraform so it looks so bare, I’ve stuck a stall on mine with some wetsuits and snorkels but it just feels out of place

I have the small round, too small for a building, but big enough to place both Godzilla and Mothra on so I'm happy with it. :)
That's awesome! My husband is a real fan of that Godzilla statue, if I let him he would put them everywhere on the island 😂

I have a small round one. At the beginning I really wished I had the big round one so that I could fit my house in it, but I've since realised I probably would've hated that after a while so my house is elsewhere and the peninsula is the perfect size for a little fishing spot!
I had a house on mine for a while, but it leaves so little space to decorate! When you come out of your house in the morning you have to be careful not to fall in the ocean 😆 It was a cool idea at first but there are too many limitations, so I'm sure you're way better off with your fishing spot!

I have number 4. I don't dislike mine, but the size is too small that I'm not inspired to do much with it. I get slightly jealous seeing people with the larger sizes because you can do so much cool terraforming on it, but in the end I'm happy with what I did with mine.

I didn't think to look for peninsula sizes when I was looking for maps on launch day. If I have the opportunity to make a second island I am definitely resetting for the largest one lol.
Oh wow! 😍 Your decorating skills are beyond amazing! Also this is hilarious, way to make a mess Tabby!

Hoo boy. I have the straight bottom one and as of now it's the one part of my map I don't just dislike, I hate.

It's too thin to do anything with, you can't terraform it either because all you can fit on it is iirc two blocks wide. It's too small to place houses on, too small for most decorations too.

Right now mine is serving as a very shoddy hybrid farm because I still have no clue what to do with it. I don't think I'll ever reset this island, but if I ever get a second island I will 100% reset on that for something that isn't this peninsula.

If anyone with this peninsula has done something neat with it, please share pictures because I would like to eventually grow to like mine.​
I feel for you, I'm hope you'll eventually find something nice to do with it, some people have posted nice pictures with that one. Honestly, I have no idea why they decided to make those peninsulas so tiny, it seems kinda unfair.

I don't reset and got the Straight Bottom Peninsula #4 in March, which I think is one of the smallest ones looking at the rest of the pics. Although sometimes I do wish that I had one of the bigger peninsulas so I could build cliffs around it and do a small passage way in between like I've seen some people do online (or put my house on it), I am happy with how I ended up decorating it. Here is a picture from a few months ago, I added some custom designs since but the overall furniture layout is the same :)

View attachment 324657
That looks great! I really like the overall look of your island, it feels so natural!

This is the only picture I could find of it. the picnic table is centered, so it’s only 4 squares acrossView attachment 324678
What a nice picnic area! It's really cute seing the villagers take a break there!

I have the same set up! Minus the villager house. Wavy peninsula, with a pagoda on it, next to a bamboo forest and hot springs! I love it!!
That is a really awesome use of your peninsula 😎 Very original, I love it!

That looks pretty amazing! I love how all the rocks fit together. Thanks for sharing!

Big round peninsula on my island, and I wouldn’t change it because it has potential. Currently not doing it any justice, though. I thought about putting a lighthouse there but I’d rather it have a different use. Maybe a mini garden or a jumping point? Will need to hop around for a few ideas. 👀

I don't have strong feelings about most of the topics you've asked about so far - I largely like my island, and so much is changeable anyway.

But this. I have I think literally the tiniest peninsula possible. It's like... 8 squares. I can sit the lighthouse on it and *just* walk around it. And perfectly rectangular. I didn't know there was another option until weeeeks after the game was out, and I'd put in too much work by then (and certainly have now). I just can't really do anything with such a little nub :[

Sounds a lot like mine (I have #5). I basically just have a lighthouse on it and that’s it. I did sort of have a player characters house on it at one point but it was more inland than near the water since the tip of it is just too small to put a house on.

I don’t mind it too much as it’s so small it’s not an area I really need to decorate, but at the same time it would have been nice to have had the flexibility to do more with it. It’s a pretty boring area due to being small sadly.

Back