• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Are you replacing your shrubs?

Are you replacing your shrubs so that they're in bloom?

• Yes

Votes: 21 14.4%
  • No

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Some of them

Votes: 42 28.8%

• Total voters

minimoon

Bells
I'm curious, with the change in season are you replacing your shrubs with the ones that are in bloom now?

My resident services had in bloom shrubs in front of it that now look pretty boring so I'm going to replace those and move the others to another part of the island. I guess I'll have to do this every time it changes! I kind of like that though.

Some of them. My entrance is staying hydrangeas all year around, but I replaced some of my azalea bushes with more hydrangeas.

maybe some but I happen to also really like the look of the plain azalea bush, which I have a bunch of all over the place.

Like moon_child, I have different shrubs in different sections, so I won't replant mine.

I don't, partly because it would take too long, and also I arrange them by color for when they bloom. They are also pretty ok in plain green

I have my shrubs in designated areas to match the flowers there, and the extras are spread out in my forest. I was originally going to change them seasonally but since grown shrubs can't be stored it would be kind of annoying to have to buy them every year, and I like the diversity of having the different bushes everywhere even if they don't have flowers on them

nah, hydrangeas are the only bushes that fit the colour theme of my island so I'll just let them be empty shrubs when they're out of season :(

Not really, because given the fact that they are seasonal, I made sure to plant different ones around the island to ensure that there will be variety in terms of greenery on my island. I mean, since the azaleas are out of season now, the area around my house is looking a little plain, but I think it would be too tedious to keep changing it every season.

I've thought about it a little, since the azalea bushes I've spammed in my central area look pretty plain when not in bloom. But I actually love how for example the hibiscus bushes look even without flowers (possibly my favorite?), so I think I'll just do it by area. I've got pink hydrangeas I've moved to a path that's like a purple flower/lily-of-the-valley/rock/forest garden because they look more purple than pink to my eyes, making them the only bush that would match the area. Don't know where to put the blue hydrangeas yet, possibly just around my residential area? Tea-olives I've got scattered around my foresty campsite and maybe I'll extend them to my countryside, hollies are also in the campsite, might do camellias around like my museum?? and hibiscuses in the tropical beach fun area that I have now made Rodney the proud owner of

I kept what months flowers bloom on bushes in mind while planting them. I've an equal amount of each type and I pair up bushes that bloom six months apart.

No, I'm only using the tea-olive bushes on my island, so I'm not replacing them with anything else!
I'm considering using some holly bushes in different areas, but I'm not sure yet.

I'm ripping all of my bushes out anyways because I was using them like fencing and I want them to just be scattered throughout the island on ledges etc etc, but the in bloom out of bloom thing is always an issue. I like the plain azaeleas and hydrangeas, but I'm not too crazy about the plain hibiscus.

i haven’t and don’t really plan on it - i currently have pink camellia bushes and while i haven’t seen them bloom yet, i plan on keeping them around for when they do aha

Maybe the two in front of Able Sisters. So far these two are the only ones I have, and if I plant more I'll go with matching sections like most people here.

I like where I have my azaleas, so those are staying, but now that hydrangeas are in bloom, I will definitely be re-arranging them for color since it was hard to imagine what they would look like when they were not in bloom. For example, I accidentally put some blue hydrangeas near blue flowers, so I will be switching those out with purple hydrangeas.

there are few areas on my island where I plan to switch out bushes for the in season ones, but outside of that no I’m not switching a majority of them!

I don't have a solid area yet but my intent is to place different shrubs in most areas so that the island looks different each season.

Not really, but I've been using mainly hydrangea because I like the way the leaves look. I actually prefer the way the bushes look when they're not in bloom!

Back