• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Are you Pro-Life or Pro-Choice (also, an apology)

Pro-Life or Pro-Choice?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

forestyne

Finally Left.
Bells
October Birthstone (Opal)
Flea
(Quick note: I'm sorry about yesterday, I was extremely rude and antagonistic. I won't spam post again and I've learnt my lesson, I know I upset a lot of people so I'm sorry. I took the joke too far tbh, it won't happen again. Who wrote the Zootopia thread? lol)

Around the world annually, approximately 42 million woman with accidental pregnancies choose to have abortions. About half of that number have illegal, unsafe abortions. Worldwide, 68,000 women die from complications during an illegal abortion. Is that an 'okay' statistic?

If you are pro-life, why do you feel that way? Is it religious belief, personal opinion? If you are pro-life, why do you feel that way? I want to hear opinions and have a serious discussion. Do you believe abortions should be legal/illegal worldwide?

Does your religion affect how you feel about abortions?

(I'm slow with polls, so it will take me a little bit to post the poll. Bear with me.)

Last edited:
NnoGhN1.gif

But that aside, I'm mostly neutral but leaning more towards Pro-Choice.

I'm 100% pro-choice. The thing is, I would not feel right about having an abortion myself if I ever got pregnant (although I certainly don't plan on having children anyway), but that's why I'm pro-choice: I would not do it myself, but I'm not other women. It's every woman's choice. Besides, taking away reproductive rights will not stop abortions, it will stop safe abortions.

pro-life people

more like pro-fetus

after you're born, you stop being a factor they care about unless you fit their agenda

Last edited:
NnoGhN1.gif

But that aside, I'm mostly neutral but leaning more towards Pro-Choice.

Yes, I agree. I'm not too fussed about it, but I believe it should be an option to get a safe abortion if a woman needs to.

nice gif btw how'd u post a gif

Last edited:
I'm 100% pro-choice. The thing is, I would not feel right about having an abortion myself if I ever got pregnant (although I certainly don't plan on having children anyway), but that's why I'm pro-choice: I would not do it myself, but I'm not other women. It's every woman's choice. Besides, taking away reproductive rights will not stop abortions, it will stop safe abortions.

Exactly. Sometimes, something could go wrong in a pregnancy and there would be no chance of a mother surviving if she had the child at 39-40 weeks. It's not only a moral problem, but a health problem. And it should be up to the woman what she does with her body, not the government.

Definitely pro-choice. No one should be able to tell a woman what they can or can't do with their body.

I am pro-choice. I am very upset over the recent executive order. It is very unfair to stop funding Planned Parenthood, because many people depend on that program, not just for abortions. I depended on it for various feminine health screenings. Other people may depend on it for birth control/contraceptives, abortions (for rape, incest, and inconvenience), and more. I believe that if Planned Parenthood funding ceases, "backdoor abortions" will continue and the amount will drastically increase, meaning that death toll from complications will also increase. Pro-Life people will say that abortion is killing, but when they stop funding them and they become illegal, even more lives will be lost with these illegal and complicated backdoor abortions. I do however believe that once you've hit the 2nd trimester, abortion should be discouraged UNLESS it is in the best interest of the mother, the father, (an unbiased and unrelated third party?), AND the doctor.

I am pro-choice. I am very upset over the recent executive order. It is very unfair to stop funding Planned Parenthood, because many people depend on that program, not just for abortions. I depended on it for various feminine health screenings. Other people may depend on it for birth control/contraceptives, abortions (for rape, incest, and inconvenience), and more. I believe that if Planned Parenthood funding ceases, "backdoor abortions" will continue and the amount will drastically increase, meaning that death toll from complications will also increase. Pro-Life people will say that abortion is killing, but when they stop funding them and they become illegal, even more lives will be lost with these illegal and complicated backdoor abortions. I do however believe that once you've hit the 2nd trimester, abortion should be discouraged UNLESS it is in the best interest of the mother, the father, (an unbiased and unrelated third party?), AND the doctor.

Exactly. You'd stop the killing of fetuses, but you'd put the lives of women around the globe at stake. Up until 17 weeks, the fetus is literally just a bag of cells. Nobody wins. I also think it's unnecessary to harass people at abortion clinics or Planned Parenthood centres. Like, would you harass people outside of a dental clinic? Would you scream "disgusting, you're having a tooth pulled out!!" at people going into their dentist appointments? Abortion clinics, as well as Planned Parenthood centres, should be as hate-free as going to the dentist because both are there for your health.

- - - Post Merge - - -

22.22% pro-life. Interesting statistic.

pro-life people

more like pro-fetus

after you're born, you stop being a factor they care about unless you fit their agenda

That's a problem I do see in pro-life people. That I can agree with you. I don't get why they would protect the fetus, but not do anything about the person once he or she is born.

I am pro-life, but how pro-life am I? I'm not just against abortion, but also in favor of harsher punishments towards murder and assault, and in favor of stricter laws against child abuse. Basically, I'm against killing.

But to stay on-topic, I'm just pro-life. I would be okay with abortions if the pregnancy is lethal. I'm also okay if the case was rape or incest. I wouldn't be against it by all means.

While I don't like the thought of abortions, I also don't like the thought of a kid being brought up in a screwed up environment which could most definitely hurt their mental health. So it's hard but I definitely think that it's up to the woman since she will be the one to carry it and be responsible to birth it. Nobody should force someone to keep something in their bodies they don't want. I'd rather the potential kid to never be born than to be born and be neglected, abused or who knows what else.

That's a problem I do see in pro-life people. That I can agree with you. I don't get why they would protect the fetus, but not do anything about the person once he or she is born.

I am pro-life, but how pro-life am I? I'm not just against abortion, but also in favor of harsher punishments towards murder and assault, and in favor of stricter laws against child abuse. Basically, I'm against killing.

But to stay on-topic, I'm just pro-life. I would be okay with abortions if the pregnancy is lethal. I'm also okay if the case was rape or incest. I wouldn't be against it by all means.

So you're a bit of 50-50/75-25? I agree with you on stricter laws against assault and murder, but shouldn't it be up to the woman what she decides to do with her body? A lot of the time, women feel pressured into having a kid and the situation Corrie described can happen. The child would be neglected because their mother couldn't afford to care for the child and it could potentially die, the mother would face life in jail for 'killing' her child when if she didn't have the child, that wouldn't have happened.

- - - Post Merge - - -

While I don't like the thought of abortions, I also don't like the thought of a kid being brought up in a screwed up environment which could most definitely hurt their mental health. So it's hard but I definitely think that it's up to the woman since she will be the one to carry it and be responsible to birth it. Nobody should force someone to keep something in their bodies they don't want. I'd rather the potential kid to never be born than to be born and be neglected, abused or who knows what else.

I don't see myself having an abortion, it all seems a bit strange and I doubt I'd feel comfortable, probably even guilty, but I think it's important for a woman who is not in the right situation to have an abortion if they need to.

Last edited:
110% Pro-choice. I can't stand people who try to get rid of abortions altogether. It's ridiculous! Getting rid of abortions and abortion clinics is only going to up the number of women who are dying because they're trying to do an abortion themselves. It's not THE GOVERNMENT'S choice whether or not a lady gets an abortion. It's the LADY WHO IS PREGNANT. Nobody has any say as to what you do with your body. I am very passionate about this lol

I'm pro-life and my beliefs mainly stem from my religion. I'm not going to debate with anyone about when life really starts because that never goes anywhere. I believe life begins at conception like the Bible taught. Abortion is never the answer. I know there are unfair circumstances such as a child conceived by rape, but a life is still a life. I've seen clips of people who whole-heartedly thanked their mother for not aborting them even though they were a result of rape. They were very grateful to have a chance of living a life. Imagine if you were never given a chance. I just wanted to share my thoughts. I would rather not debate and argue with anyone here.

pro choice, what a woman decides to do with her unborn child is her choice and her choice alone, politics and other's "morals" shoudnt have a say in the matter.

I don't see myself having an abortion, it all seems a bit strange and I doubt I'd feel comfortable, probably even guilty, but I think it's important for a woman who is not in the right situation to have an abortion if they need to.

I don't think anyone sees themselves having an abortion. I don't have actual statistics, but I'd bet that 99% of abortions are for unplanned pregnancies or unexpected complications during a pregnancy. Whether to have an abortion is a very difficult and personal decision that a women has to make. For most women, it's not as simple as saying "I don't want the kid. I'm getting an abortion." That's why it really annoys me when some pro-life people characterize women getting abortions as dumb or careless people making a hasty decision. In the real world, **** happens and sometimes people are forced to make the least worst choice, because when a women is seriously considering an abortion, it means she has no good choices left. I'd rather have the actual pregnant person with the consultation of trusted medical professionals make that decision instead of some (mostly male) politicians with little to no medical knowledge from far away make that decision.

I believe it is murder
but if I knocked up a girl any time soon I would pay for an abortion if she wanted one because I would support that decision

Last edited:
Neutral, but leaning more pro-choice.
Reason? There are many situation that women have a reason to get an abortion.
1. Financial (If they cannot afford themselves, then how in the world they can afford to take care a baby).
2. Accidental / Unplanned reason (For example: Women got rape. Obviously need to abort (even if they hit 2nd trimester didn't realized until they see the obvious)).
3. Can they take of themselves ? If no, then they shouldn't bring a child into a world of misery if the women cannot take care herself.
4. Complicated health reason (if the baby isn't okay or threaten the mother's life)

There are many factors come to play. But this is the most obvious choices.
I am Catholic, but from this reasoning it is obvious there are many reason that women need to abort.
More likely if you take away abortion, it's make it worst for the women and the baby. From my assumption, lots of babies would be abandoned or probably won't be taken care of at all.

Womp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back