• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Are you good at making friends? (Real Life!)

Are you good at it?

• Awesome!

Votes: 17 7.1%
  • Not bad at all!

Votes: 31 12.9%
  • Neutral

Votes: 58 24.2%
  • Not good.

Votes: 50 20.8%
  • Terrible

Votes: 84 35.0%

• Total voters
I will talk to anyone my age but most people think I'm rude (INJT-T ;-; ) so i mean i guess im sorta good besides my 'standoffishness'

i can relate to most people
unless they like anime
in which case we'll probably never be friends

What I find absolutely humorous is that this poll was created in 2014, and a long, long time ago, I already answered the poll.
What's ground-breaking is that, I would have to change my answer now. I think I'm fantastic at making friends, but that may very well be a consequence of the hardships I've faced in my life along the way. Not everyone is worth being your friend, but you'll never know that unless you give them a chance!

my social skills are fine but tbh i'm rly introverted to the point where it's basically antisocial, i avoid/ignore people a lot unless we have some sort of related thing in common or a connection of some sort. i would literally rather stay indoors all day and play animal crossing than hang out with irl friends

i'm pretty bad at staying in touch with people too, i had a friend group that pretty much i was only apart of bc the person i knew was HIGHLY extraverted, but i'm kinda not friends with any of them anymore since that person moved out of state

also i had a ~thing~ with someone in the group, and i ended that in probably an awkward way so that made it worse

im no social butterfly but i get by, making friends isnt the difficult part in comparison to keeping them. not very many of my irl friends have understood or respected my personal space when ive already explained to them that im a very introverted and reserved person and i easily get distracted or immersed in something else. i dont talk to most people on a daily basis because i just dont have the energy to and some of them got real weird with me for that even though i would still hang out with them when i went to college. its so draining and sometimes i just want to relax and keep to myself after a long day, behaviour like that just made me avoid talking to all of my irl friends in the end.

I'm good at making acquaintances. When I was young, I moved around a lot and lost a lot of really good friends. I think because of this, I have a tendency to not get too close to anyone (except my wife, who is stuck with me from now until the ends of eternity).

Ok hear me out. I can be social and I definitely love making friends, but I don't wanna go outside.
Can I just stay indoors and make friends ;~;

Haha, I used to be good at making friends until I started having anxiety and social anxiety. Now I suck at it and I'm far too shy to try to talk to anyone.

I'm shy, awkward, have unusual/conflicting interests and am absolutely terrible at making friends.

I’m terrible at making friends lol, and I’m way worse at maintaining friends. 😔
I often feel like I come off too disinterested or come off too strong and can’t seem to find a happy medium. But even if I can get past that, I just don’t keep talking to people as much as I should, I just never feel like I have anything worth talking about 🤷‍♀️ and I often just feel like no one wants to talk to me so :’>

Yes, I made another thread of this but I didn't add other poll options!

I have ONE friend that is really sweet and popular. My BEST FRIEND has been ignoring me. I feel terrible! It makes me feel ugly and stinky. I really want this to be solved. :( :,(

I'm pretty good at making friends in real life and online, I use my games, music and general life skills to carry conversations and to interact with people, it works particularly well. I can pretty much get along with anyone unless they have extreme views, then I avoid like the plague.

I am absolutely terrible at making friends. I am super introverted and shy irl and I can sometimes come across as unfriendly as well. If I saw someone who liked all the things I liked, someone that looked super kind and friendly, I'd mostly likely be too shy to even talk to them.
So, yeah. I'm bad at making friends.

What I find absolutely humorous is that this poll was created in 2014, and a long, long time ago, I already answered the poll.
What's ground-breaking is that, I would have to change my answer now. I think I'm fantastic at making friends, but that may very well be a consequence of the hardships I've faced in my life along the way. Not everyone is worth being your friend, but you'll never know that unless you give them a chance!
i didnt even notice this was my thread LOL i was so confused?? ive changed so much as well!

im incredibly outgoing now, but i don't know how to make the bridge from "acquaintance" to "friend"

I'd say I'm neutral, I guess.

I'm one of those people who has a forward approach to not tolerating certain people. For that reason, I forego befriending a lot of people. But...for that same reason, I seem to attract like-minded people without really trying. I think people appreciate when they can tell that you wear your heart on your sleeve. Which I do to a fault. Lol.

im ok at it, im good at it if the particular person i wanna be friends with approaches me first
i have barely any social skills and they've probably dwindled w the pandemic lmao

i'm terrible at making friends irl
like in school i would have 1 or 2 friends, hang out with them for a year then the next school year, i'd find someone else

i've noticed i push people away a lot, idk why but if i do manage to become friends with somebody, it won't last long before i just kinda wander off
but i left school a few years ago and i have not had a proper friend irl since and i'm cool with that tbh

It can be easy, but I have a VERY hard time when it comes to being the one to take the initiative (e.g. being the first one to introduce myself, the first to greet, first to send a text). You never know what mood someone is in, or if they are busy. But hopefully, I learn to overcome that fear once I get into my social programs after the pandemic.

Back