• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Are you going to have a themed island?

Are you going to have a themed island?

• Yes

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • No

Votes: 64 58.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't currently have a theme in mind for my New Horizons island, but I had themes for all of my New Leaf towns and it added to my enjoyment, so I'm going to try to come up with something.

I plan to give my Island a name from H.P. Lovecraft's stories. It'd be nice to have themed town and I liked that spinning cube PWP in New Leaf. I await the arrival of New Horizons so I can see what otherworldly items I can fill my island with. That being said, I'm not going to pull out my hair trying to be meticulous in adhering to this eldritch island theme.

i dont particularly enjoy freestyling my towns so i will most likely end up with a themed island! it's easier for me to plan and organize and structure it accordingly because i'd have a set image/goal in mind! it's mostly going to just be cute/springy/faery/foresty theme. kind of like my previous towns (if you'd like an idea you can google animal crossing calypso/seaport or tadpole for some images) i may also consider tropical themed!

i wanna have like a cute fairytale kinda island. mostly pink and white. like i planned to do my acnl town haha

I?m just mixing what I like together to make something new c:

|sf>I will have two islands, one without a theme and the other with a theme. The themed one will be Fruitful with two characters named after Pac-Man ghosts (one of them will be Sue, the female ghost from the old cartoon). I plan to have one house collect arcade and gaming furniture, with the town obviously requiring a lot of variety in fruit trees. I tried to do this theme in New Leaf with a different town name, but I always had to worry about villiagers usurping the rare fruit trees from town when they arrived.

I?m going to start out with no theme until I get enough items to figure out what I want to do. I?m going to use a ?general name? for my island that isn?t really tied to a theme... but I?d like to possibly have certain areas in town that are representative of a fandom/game I like or something (I?m thinking of maybe splatoon or BOTW because I love those games). With a general name I could also do a horror theme in the future.

If I do get another island to do a whole theme I would do a Fantasy life theme because I attempted that in NL and failed but I feel like it would work really well in ACNH. I also thought about doing a ni no kuni theme because I like the idea of trying to create a parallel universe in a single town. Of course, this all depends on what kind of items and exterior options are available so I?d still just play my normal island and decide that further down the line.

Eh, I'm doing a theme-ish, I have a fantasy/mushroom theme in mind but my goal is to also make my island look natural. So the concept is gonna be kinda geometric but also kinda organic

Yes I do !! I'm planning on yellow hibiscus plants everywhere and like yellow x pink everything but that MIGHT change to just PINK EVERYTHING like it usually do.... BUT.... My island is going to be Hawaii themed. So........ SOMETHING. COLORFUL!!!! BUT JUST PINK X YELLOW AND MAYYYYYBE X BLUE

I don't have any plans to do a themed town at the moment. Maybe later, once I have a better idea of all the decorating options available to me.

Personally, I?ll be naming my town Chancla and will try to incorporate Hispanic/Latinx elements and designs into my town since I want my culture to be represented into my town. :)
let us fear la chancla

i'm thinking about naming mine atoll & just going for a non-themed island getaway vibe, though i'll stick closer with natural items & things like the vending machine items

I plan on changing things around each season.

Spring will be very whimsical with lots of nature-esque objects and bright pastel colors and lots of light up objects
Summer is going to be a tropical and nautical theme
Autumn is going to spoopy season and will be overrun with mushrooms and creepy objects
Winter is going to be just like a Christmas wonderland

Besides just themes, I plan on having like special areas like an orchard, a concert stage, a zen garden, a whole outside coffee bar venue, etc.

It won't be themed in a general sense, more a general rustic, water rich vibe. I want to keep it in a way it retains the island feel, yet developed enough to kinda feel like holiday resort. Its going to be tough, luckily I reckon I'll have years to work on it. :)

I'm undecided, but I'm leaning towards no at this point. I usually want my first town (or in this case, island) to develop organically as I play, and I plan out individual areas as I go along and get a better grasp of the game. Unfortunately, with only one island per Switch, I probably won't create a second island for quite some time (and that's only if I eventually pick up a second Switch), so a secondary themed island is unlikely to happen.

I'm planning on a fairly nature-based island for now, perhaps with different zones and various furniture, flowers, and fruit. I want my town to resemble someplace I might actually want to visit.

personally, i don't really think i will have a theme for my island. i guess i'll just decorate as i go, ya know?
although, if i ever wanted to change stuff around and have a theme, that could be possible- i have a feeling that it'll be really easy to change things up in new horizons, if you wanted to. of course it would take time though.
i mean, come on- you can change the terrain, rearrange buildings, place down paths and take them away easily, etc. so much versatility!

Outside of wanting apples (can't not, for the Hesperides, it's their whole mythological thing), no, not really! Most I'll go for is themed little areas.

I have a few different themes that I can hopefully blend together. An overgrown garden island with vibrant coastal cottages, a cafe and bakery, and a backlot of elegant enchanted forests. I would love to add a few hidden areas for a little more charm too. I actually created a pinterest board for it lol.

Back